BUILD 2015

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

BUILD 2015

Well BUILD 2015 commenced yesterday in San Francisco, and I hope Microsoft unveils a new Windows 10 Flagship device at some point during the conference! At BUILD 2014 the Lumia 930, Windows 8.1, Cortana and a few other things were announced. My Lumia 920 is still functioning very well, but I'm really excited to see what kind of device Microsoft is working on for Windows 10. I really hope its a game changer!

***Edited Labels***

Highlighted

Re: BUILD 2015

Apologies. Build commences next week April 29 2015 and runs until May 1

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Awesome!

Keep us informed @brandonjbarnard ,

I'm so close to switching to a Windows phone. Just want to make sure Windows 10 mobile is going to really open up into a solid ecosystem.

RogersDarrell

Highlighted

Is it the App-gap that is keeping you from switching to a Windows phone? waiting to see what windows 10 has to offer? I switched to Windows after using an iPhone for 6 years (with an Android phone for 3 months and a Blackberry for 2.5 weeks) and I don't miss it at all! I think Windows 10 will be a game changer. It redefines the market that app developers have available to them. Not everyone has a windows phone, so not a lot of developers create apps for it, or keep them updated. but that will change when everyone who owns a PC upgrades to Windows 10 for free and developers are creating one app for one OS to be used across any device with windows 10. Its a really exciting time for windows phone users!

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

That connected ecosystem is what is going to make me switch. I moved from an iPhone 3G years ago and then went BlackBerry for the last 6 or so years. Add the fact that the current Windows 8.1 OS is just a smooth and beautiful OS with reasonably affordable devices outright.

RogersDarrell

I think Windows 10 will be a nice game changer for windows. Especially now that they announced at BUILD that Android and iOS developers will be able to port their apps into windows a lot easier. Apparently the version of Candy Crush that is available on windows phone 8 is an iOS version ported using the new tools microsoft released. So its a proven concept.

Microsoft/Lumia phones are definitely good phones in my opinion at any pricepoint which is why they are doing very well in the countries like Brazil and India.

I hope they release a really competitive flagship device that entices people to switch platforms. I've had my Lumia 920 since 2012 and I don't think I could ever go back to Apple or any Android product.