BLACKBERRY TORCH INTERNATIONAL SMS TEXT PROBLEMS

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

BLACKBERRY TORCH INTERNATIONAL SMS TEXT PROBLEMS

I own a BB Torch and have been with Rogers for many years. I frequently text with family in Cuba daily and have never had any problems. I  have not changed any services  but as of Friday March 25th, my texts are no longer being received. My phone shows the text has been successfully sent and Rogers support assures me this is a problem on the other end. I can receive texts from there with no problems. I tried sending the text with my son's Samsung and it was sent and received just fine. This leads me to believe it is my phone or my number?? I have soft and hard reset my phone. I have had Rogers support reset. I am at my wits end WHY would it all of a sudden not work? Rogers support will not provide any additional answers. PLEASE HELP!

***edited labels***

Retired Moderator RogersJonathan
Retired Moderator

Re: BLACKBERRY TORCH INTERNATIONAL SMS TEXT PROBLEMS

Hello Carlita,

Welcome to the Rogers community,

This sort of issue will need to be investigated by our second level department. Please call 1-866-931-3282. Speak to a level one technical support agent and advise him of what you have done as far as troubleshooting. He will then create a ticket to our second level support for resolution.

I hope this helps,

Rogers Employee WiseD
Rogers Employee

Since you tried your sons phone and it worked you might want to do one more test before calling in to report the issue. Try your SIM in your sons device and try to send an SMS internationally. This will help determine if the issue is device or network related.

Chances are they will need this result before escalating the issue.

Cheers!

I've Been Here Awhile

Ok I tried my sim in my son's phone but  it still shows as sent but it is not being received. I went into to my guy at Rogers store today and he checked again but all services seem in order. He suggested a new sim card. So $10.99 later and still no text:(

The Rogers guy said to call customer service again. What I am understanding is this; it is only international outgoing texts that are not working. Getting frustrated.

I've Been Here Awhile

I called the help number you gave and spoke to a VERY nice lady. She put in a work ticket and said it would be 24-72 hours and someone will call me. 😞

I've Been Around

I am having the very same problem with my Curve 9300 specifically with Cuba, sms is being received by a friend sending on another blackberry to the same numbers but my texts are not making it through . ..  did you ever get the problem fixed, and if so how did they accomplish it?  I have called into the help desk they have pushed it twice messages started to go through then stopped again.

Thanks 🙂

I've Been Around

Re: BLACKBERRY TORCH INTERNATIONAL SMS TEXT PROBLEMS and LG Optimus G and iPhone 4

Hello,

I have same issue with my 2 Rogers phones. LG Optimus G and iPhone 4.

Both phones were sending and receiving messages to Cuba and Europe without problems but two weeks ago something happened and now when I sent message from my LG phone the message does not arrive in Cuba. If I use my iPhone 4 the message is sent and arrives.

So I tried to send SMS to Europe and with my both phones the SMS does not arrive.

Rogers guys from level 1 help told me they reported the issue to level 2 suport. So they are investigating it...

Bu they also told me that the problem is with Cuban provider which is bull. I asked them - OK if it is  with the Cuban operator then why I send SMS successfully with my iPhone.

So I will try to talk live to level 2 support to see if they can explain me something smart or suggest me something smart but it is more than 2 weeks now and no solution.

I pay for service that include 100 "free" international SMS which it happens I need to use and also happens Rogers can't provide this service to me.

So for now no solustion no help. 

**edited for content**