BBM / BB help

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

BBM / BB help

Hi,

I just recently upgraded my phone to the Blackberry Q10 and my bbm is giving me a hard time! I have never had any problems with bbm in the past, but everytime I go to use it outside of my home it does not work.

I have a data plan and I am connected to wifi, but with my old Blackberry I never used my wifi for it.

Is anyone else experiencing a similar problem? Is it a easy fix - if not, I will go to my local store!

Thanks

***Edited Labels.***

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: BBM / BB help

Always start with a restart when you experience issues such as this; that will eliminate it being a software issue.

For some reason, the good ol' battery pull is not recommended as the first line of defence with BB10 phones, but rather a simple restart is. So press the power button on the top of your phone for a couple of seconds until you see some options. Once you see them, let go of the power button and press Restart. Once your phone has restarted you can check if the issue persists.

If that doesn't work, go ahead and remove the battery while the phone is powered on then replace it a few seconds later.

Let us know if that helps you.  🙂

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi -

Yes, restarting the phone has helped. I noticed though that if I have my wireless off, sometimes my bmm's will work and go through, and other times they will not.

I should not have to have my wireless on in order for my BBM to work, or my internet - correct? That should be connected with my data plan...

I am wondering if there is something wrong with my data plan or my phone is not receiving data for some reason! I only have the blackberry symbol in the top right-hand of my phone sometimes.

Thoughts?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

You're right, you don't need your network connection on to use BBM. If you're getting the BlackBerry data symbol only some of the time, there's something wrong with your connection.
Because you're getting different results at different times while changing nothing else, you might be best to call Rogers and explain the situation. They can maybe reset your account.

Cheers. 🙂