cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBC Canada HD

TonyBee
I've Been Here Awhile

Will Rogers ever deliver BBC Canada in HD??

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: BBC Canada HD

PamR
I'm Here A Lot

Bell has it but Rogers doesn't! Vision HD was launched in March this year.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

RogersCilio
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @TonyBee,

Welcome to the Community!

At this time we have no updates on when BBC would be available in HD. However, you're more than welcome to share your suggestions here.

Thank you,

RogersCilio

MichaelM1
I've Been Here Awhile

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBC_Canada

In October 2016, Corus launched BBC Canada HD, a 1080i high definition simulcast of the standard definition feed. The HD feed is currently available on Optik TV (Telus).

As it is now 'available' - what's the plan?

Good morning @MichaelM1!

Welcome to our Community Forums!

At this time, we do not have any further updates to share with regards to BBC Canada HD. Please accept my apologies.

When we do have information to share, we would likely provide an update via a blog post! Please stay tuned 🙂

Thanks!

RogersCorey

sparker
I've Been Here Awhile
This really is not an answer. Is Rogers applying to broadcast BBC Canada in HD? If so, when did they and if not, why not? There's obviously enough demand.

PamR
I'm Here A Lot

I too would like to know when Rogers will deliver BBC Canada in HD. I have also noted that VIsion is now available in HD as of March this year!! Why can Rogers not deliver this to it's subscribers when it seems BELL is able to do?? In today's world when everything is being upgraded to provide a good quality image, even the cheaper cell phones, it seems silly to keep on broadcasting these SD channels. We pay a lot of money for cable TV, so please improve your service as you are able to do. Your customers will probably appreciate it! Thx!

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
I for one also wish more networks would get carried in HD on Rogers. I am aware that not all networks have HD syndication's available, so Rogers can only distribute what a network offers, but if more of them make HD available, they will retain viewership and not just that, but have HAPPY viewers.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

All i can really say, is a lot of the time, it can be a licensing thing.

Just because a company has an SD version of the channel, doesnt automatically mean that they get the HD version too.   They have to work out a deal and buy the HD version separately.

In some cases like these.. it could just be rogers, etc not wanting to pay for it 😛

But also there can sometimes be other restrictions, etc in place. 
Sometimes a channel will have an EXCLUSIVE deal for a period of time with only one specific carrier.  (they pay more for that exclusive).  Bell owns space channel.. when space first came out in HD.. rogers COULDNT get it.. bell was holding it for a period as an exclusive channel in HD.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@PamR wrote:

I too would like to know when Rogers will deliver BBC Canada in HD. I have also noted that VIsion is now available in HD as of March this year!!

Where do you see Vision TV in HD?  I have Ch 24 and Ch 237, both in SD.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

PamR
I'm Here A Lot

Bell has it but Rogers doesn't! Vision HD was launched in March this year.

I Plan to Stick Around

Are there any updates to the status of broadcasting BBC Canada in HD?  Does Rogers monitor and respond to concerns and questions from customers on these forums?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@536 wrote:

Does Rogers monitor and respond to concerns and questions from customers on these forums?

Yes, see posts 2, 4 of this thread.

JCC3
I've Been Around

When will Rogers supply BBC in HD?

Hello @JCC3,

It's definitely a bonus to be able to view content in HD quality! It can often make for a better entertainment experience. 🙂

I regret to advise that there haven't been any updates on if and when BBC Canada will be made available in HD. If we hear anything, we will let the Community know. You may also continue to keep an eye on Rogers.com for any updates as well.

Thank you,

RogersLaura

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

This is 2019. Today we expect HD resolution on everything we view on TV. SD is only acceptable on little kitchen TVs or 2" smartphone screens. Providing only SD is truly penny-pinching.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

shippo7
I've Been Here Awhile
BBC Canada HD is now available on Rogers Ignite TV channel 87 (Ontario)

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If it's available on Ignite, why can't we see it in HD on Digital Cable?  Rogers??? @RogersYasmine ???

shippo7
I've Been Here Awhile
I guess digital tv has limitation of bandwidth but IPTV doesn’t (it is Internet server based). I can see more HD content on Ignite TV like BBC World News HD, CNN International HD, CNBC HD, MSNBC HD

rcott
I've Been Around

That's kind of ridiculous. Rogers had to get a licensing agreement to provide the HD content via the ignite platform. I guess they want me to get rid of my 4k pvr cable boxes that I pay crazy rental fees for.

Mind you ignite in general is junk and very unstable. Go figure. 

Community Testing Lab

We’ve got an amazing opportunity to test our upcoming Gateway!

Click here to find out more!

Topic Stats