BB 9900 data connection problems

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

BB 9900 data connection problems

Bought the 9900 a couple wks ago.  Whenever I try to open OnDemand I get the error msg: "...problem connecting to the service please check your data connection." Also when I try to open Nobex Radio, I get "pls check your TCP settings".. Same goes for Tunein I get " please check ur APN settings."   I called Rogers and I was told they don't offer support for 3rd party applications but something has got to be wrong because if my Wifi is connected then I have no problems. By the way I have a 6Gb data plan.

Any advice?

P.S. Did Rogers stop giving a new SIM card with the new phones?

******* Edit labels ********

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: BB 9900 data connection problems

Do you have the BIS connected on the 6GB data? BIS stands for Blackberry Internet Service.

Call Rogers & see if that has been added. If it has been added then delete the Service books. I have done this & it worked fine. Also Have you done a battery pull?
I Plan to Stick Around

I would suggest the same, make sure you have blackberry (BIS) data plan.  Ask specifically for it, as there are regular data plans for every phone but Blackberries, and BB (BIS) plans which are only for the blackberries.

Let us know when you get it fixed 🙂

I'm Here A Lot

I did check with Rogers and they confirmed that I have the BIs data plan so I don't know what else to do now

I'm Here A Lot

Go to OPTIONS > DEVICE > ADVANCED SYSTEM SETTINGS > TCP IP

Enter the following settings

APN: internet.com

Username: wapuser1

Password: wap

and also make sure to enable the check boxes... lemme know if that works

I'm Here A Lot

It  didn't work

I'm Here A Lot

have you ENABLED both the CHECK BOXES under APN settings ?

I'm Here A Lot

I DID check BOTH boxes.  I even did the battery pull after and still no luck.

I'm Here A Lot

if u r callign about ROGERS ON DEMAND- how is that 3rd party ? isnt that a ROGERS product ?

I'm Here A Lot

I told her about the TuneIn and Nobex not working also.  She immediately said they dont do third party support and that was it.