Average time a payment goes through

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rperdue
I've Been Around

Average time a payment goes through

I paid my bill on a Friday through online banking (scotiabank) and just wanted to know how long it would take to show up on Rogers records.

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Average time a payment goes through

It can take a few days for any payments to process from the bank to the end point.
Usually found with td was about 4 days.

This doesn't mean you have to pay early, as long as the bank as the payment processed by the right day, the end place should not charge you late fees

***Update***

Just wanted to make a minor correction that it can take up to 5 business days for online banking payments to process.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It can take a few days for any payments to process from the bank to the end point.
Usually found with td was about 4 days.

This doesn't mean you have to pay early, as long as the bank as the payment processed by the right day, the end place should not charge you late fees

***Update***

Just wanted to make a minor correction that it can take up to 5 business days for online banking payments to process.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Lurker
I'm a Senior Advisor

With online payments, I usually find its a pretty instant recognition from Rogers.....UNLESS.....

.....I pay on a Friday.  With my bank, if I pay on Friday, especially after 'hours', it sometimes isn't processed by the bank until the Monday.

phatmillips82
I Plan to Stick Around

Online Banking usually takes about 48 business hours to process - assuming you do the payment prior to 6pm on the business day.  Debit Visa and Credit Cards almost always post instantly but in some rare situations may take 2-24 hours to affect your balance.

If you paid on Friday - you can expect it to be posted by Wednesday, however there are a lot of Holidays that may extend the posting time.  It should have posted by now though.

sadatkamal
I've Been Around

Hello,

I paid my bill on Saturday (06/13/2015) at 2:00 am. After I did, a message appeared that said something along the lines of "Your payment has failed". I went to check on my bank account and 90.40 $ were deduced, though the bill on MyRogers was still 90.40$. Today's Monday and they still haven't received my payment. What do I do?

P.S I paid using Interac Online.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@sadatkamal obviously the payment did not go through, so I can't see what Rogers can do about it. However, the bank did take your money and drop it in a black hole, so that's who you should take this up with, seeing as Rogers didn't receive it.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I agree on calling your bank.

There is sort of a many step process when doing any transactions like this.

The service makes a request to the bank, the bank checks then takes that amount from you, and into a temporary spot.  From there is makes the transfer to the services bank.. then into the services account.

It may have failed somewhere along the way.. and has to wait till the process fails back to your account.. but your bank may be able to do it quicker.

Just as a side note, in cases where it DID go through.. it can take up to 48 hours for payments to go through.  Those 48 hours are BUSINESS days.. so wouldnt start till monday.
BUT.. as long as you pay it BEFORE your due day, even if that is on a weekend, there would be no late fees (even though it wasnt processed till a day or two later)

jkroesen
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Interac online at Rogers.com or via your BANK?  

Bank can take 3-5 business days depending on the bank - if you pd on Saturday it would NOT post by Monday... well it's not likely... only bank i know of that post in 24hr is TD... the rest take a bit longer... 

Interac via rogers.com is suppose to be instant... 

I agree calling bank is a good way to get some answers.  However if BANK shows pd and it was done via Roger online the bank might just refer back to rogers... Credit operations can investigate pmt issues if it turns out it was on the rogers site.. and not online banking... 

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

I agree that the payment can take time to go through. The red flag here is that @sadatkamal got the "Your payment has failed" message. No doubt the bank can refund it if it didn't go through, so lets hope Rogers doesn't add la late payment charge when it's the bank's fault.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@jkroesen wrote:

Interac online at Rogers.com or via your BANK?  

Bank can take 3-5 business days depending on the bank - if you pd on Saturday it would NOT post by Monday... well it's not likely... only bank i know of that post in 24hr is TD... the rest take a bit longer... 

Interac via rogers.com is suppose to be instant... 

I agree calling bank is a good way to get some answers.  However if BANK shows pd and it was done via Roger online the bank might just refer back to rogers... Credit operations can investigate pmt issues if it turns out it was on the rogers site.. and not online banking... 

Even an 'instant' interact type process, DOES have the above steps for actually moving the money from A to B.
It just normally goes pretty quickly.