Audio on some HD channels cut in and out.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Audio on some HD channels cut in and out.

For the last few months I noticed that on certain HD channels specially W TV (596) on rogers the audio momentarily cuts out and comes back with some pixilation. Rebooted machine HD8642 serveral times. Rogers tech came in and signal strength is good. Anyone else seeing this problem.

CBCNN is bad too at 9pm est.

I don't think it is a cable issue and it is hard to tell if it is a box issue. I am thinking it is the broadcaster but unsure. Not sure what to do next.

***Edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Audio on some HD channels cut in and out.

Usually pixilization like that is a signal issue.

We had a similar issue as well earlier this year. Majority of the day, was fine, and only at 8pm is or later would happen. Signal was fine during the day. Ended up being a street issue, that at the evening hours, there was too mug draw on the street, and a small break it the line would cause the issue, but only under full load.

I would see if others are Gavin the same issue.

I'm Here A Lot

Ya. The tech when he was here said the signal strength was excellent at that time. The audio would still drop out from time to time. It seems to be going across more and more channels now. It could be a street issue but how would rogers check that?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The street issue, is more of a bigger deal.. they need to get maintenance out to do that..

Maintenance, usualy wont come out, unless its a MAJOR issue.. many reports, etc.

So i would recomend checking with some neibours, see if they are on rogers and experiencing the same thing, around the same times.
Make sure You and everyone that is having the problems, is putting in tickets.  They may insist that a tech comes out, and let them send one, but let them send them in the evening 5-8 window when you are home, dont take time off, etc for it.  Every time it happens, call in again.
Enough tickets, etc in there on it, will more pressure on them to check it out, as its an ongoing not resloved thing.

I'm Here A Lot

Thanks for the advice. I am going to bring my box over to a neighbours place in the same area to see if the problem presists. Also see if they are having similar issues with their digital box. If there are problems then I know it is not my box or my cable feed in my house and it is something further upstream. The problem is trying to convince Rogers that.

The only other thing is maybe it has something to do with a menu change or update they download to these digital boxes.

I'm Here A Lot

Well I brought my box to another place and it is works fine. I placed another call into Rogers to have another technician come and check out the cable. We will see what happens next.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

sounds like a signal problem to me too

I'm Here A Lot

Well in the end it turned out to be a signal issue further up the chain. My neighbour has been having issues similar to me. So problem solved. Lesson to be learned is that don't always believe what the technician tells you. There was nothing wrong with my PVR. All to do with the quality of the signal. The signal might be strong coming into your house but there could be noise or interferance on the line causing issues on other channels. I am just glad it is fixed.

Thanks all for the advice.