Audible beep when somebody is leaving me a voicemail while I am on the line.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gmilroy
I Plan to Stick Around

Audible beep when somebody is leaving me a voicemail while I am on the line.

Bell has a feature as part of their voicemail that works like this;

When I receive a call and let it go to voicemail and the caller starts to leave a message, my phone will sound a beep telling me the voicemail is being left. I can pick up the phone and listen to the voicemail as its being left, the other person cannot hear me, but I can hear them. If I wish, I can pick up the call.....I wish Roger Home Phone had this feature.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Davage
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Audible beep when somebody is leaving me a voicemail while I am on the line.

I called Rogers again today about the issue...   This time I talked with a CSR who was completely aware of a notification feature that she could turn OFF.

She turned the feature off, and all is well.

My phone was reacting as though it had call waiting with the distinctive long distance ring, and the beeping on the line when somebody was calling, but I do NOT have the call waiting feature.

The CSR took care of the issue, and all is well.     I guess that not all CSR's are familiar with the setting...

View solution in original post

All Replies
Davage
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Audible beep when somebody is leaving me a voicemail while I am on the line.

I have had Rogers Home Phone now for just a little over a week.    I use my phone a fair amount, and I subscribe to the Voicemail feature.    

Whenever I'm on the phone, and someone is leaving me a message, I hear an audible beep on the line as they are leaving the message.

I do NOT subscribe to call waiting, but yet I am hearing a beep as they are leaving the message.

I called Rogers Technical Support, but they weren't able to assist.

Does anybody know if there is a way to turn off that audible beep while I'm on the phone?

I have the voicemail set up to email me a copy of the message, so I instantly know when a message has been left.  I do not need the audible beep as I am talking on the phone to let me know that someone else has called.  

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I have had call waiting for quite a while.. so havent seen (heard?) this myself.

But havent heard of it happening either

Just wondering... do you only have one phone &/or a single multi wireless handset at home?  Just wondering if its the phone doing it?  Just trying to eliminate that out.  Have another phone to try it on?

Though, this could be a recent change that i havent heard about..

Davage
I'm Here A Lot

I called Rogers again today about the issue...   This time I talked with a CSR who was completely aware of a notification feature that she could turn OFF.

She turned the feature off, and all is well.

My phone was reacting as though it had call waiting with the distinctive long distance ring, and the beeping on the line when somebody was calling, but I do NOT have the call waiting feature.

The CSR took care of the issue, and all is well.     I guess that not all CSR's are familiar with the setting...

View solution in original post