Atlanta 4250hd - no video on lg tv

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Atlanta 4250hd - no video on lg tv

Iv had this problem before, I have a smart LG 3d tv and I hear the sound but dont see the picture. I totally forget how to fix this. It was working great until the power went out for 20+ mins in that thunder storm the other night....now no TV for me Smiley Sad

I have the rogers scientific atlanta 4250 hd

Thanks in advanced Smiley Happy

***Edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Atlanta 4250hd - no video on lg tv

Need to know a few things first.

What type of cables are you using for it.. HDMI?  Component video with just regular audio?

Are you going THROUGHT a surround sound system for both? or just audio? or not at all?

I've Been Here Awhile

Well when it was working it twas through my onkyo reciever through HDMI, but when it wasent working i took it out and tried to hook the HDMI directly to the TV with no success. My computer and PS3 all work with the TV. So I tried the coax and it worked with the TV. I also tried both having the coax cable and HDMI going through the reciever and the sound plays through the receiver but no video.

I remember doing something in the settings or something but i forget.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Hi.

Are you saying you get no picture even if you connect directly from the Cablebox to the TV via HDMI?

If so, I would say there's something wrong with the Cablebox HDMI port (since coax worked).

If it's a rental, try exchanging for another.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hah.. i have an onkyo receiver, and an LG smart TV.  So i am the perfect one to help Smiley Very Happy

Now, i dont have it infront of me, so this is off the top of my head.

Though from the sounds, if you did HDMI from the box to the tv directly, there should be nothing setting wise to change.. if it doesnt work.. sounds like a cable issue or port on the box.
Do you have another HDMI cable to test with?

Otherwise, i would have said its likely setup in the receiver.

With the receiver on, really should just be able to pug it into the right input and output from the receiver, and away you go.

with the receiver off, you have to set up the passthrough.
I have had issues, where there is a power outage, and then there will be no passthough on the audio (but there will be on the video)  by turning the receiver on, letting it do its audio for a second, then back off, it works fine.

But its sounding more like the rogers box itself.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

did u try the analog component hd cables? rogers usually supplies them included with your box

I've Been Here Awhile

Well guys I thought I would come back and give you an update. So I changed HDMI cables to my hi-end 3d blue ray ones, nothing. Then I got really upset and starting unpluging and plugging in the reviever violently....well Something happened because when I plugged it in, it took about 5 mins for the box to turn on (I thought I broke it) but when it came on, video and sound were there!!!

Im still confused on what I did or what happened but if it works im cool. Smiley Happy

Thanks for your help guys, Ill deff give ya + Smiley Happy

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Its like a PC.. first thing to always try.. REBOOT Smiley Happy

Glad to hear that you got it working though.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I concur about the rebooting.. glad to see it work