cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus PadFone X on Rogers

jermbos
I Plan to Stick Around

I see that AT&T carries the Asus padfone X now. Does that mean I can get one from the states, slap my SIM card in and it will work on the Rogers network?
Has anyone tried this? From what I understand, AT&T uses the same style of network as Rogers.

***Edited Labels.***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Asus PadFone X on Rogers

jermbos
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks Meow.  I found out that AT&T Padfone X is locked to AT&T, and its a pain to unlock.  Asus makes the same phone but an international unlocked version called the Padfone S.  These are the frequencies, will it work on Rogers?

2G: GSM/EDGE:

850/900/1800/1900

(This GSM/GPRS/EDGE type only support voice call, SMS /MMS transmission and can only apply to 2G transmission speed.)

3G : WCDMA :

900/1900/2100

4G: FDD-LTE:

700/800/900/1800/1900/2100/2600

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello jermbos

Yes all ATT phones will work on Rogers if they are unlocked and u add the Rogers APN settings into the proper settings. Then restart the phone and it will bring up Rogers.

ATT has the same frequencies as Rogers does.

jermbos
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks Meow.  I found out that AT&T Padfone X is locked to AT&T, and its a pain to unlock.  Asus makes the same phone but an international unlocked version called the Padfone S.  These are the frequencies, will it work on Rogers?

2G: GSM/EDGE:

850/900/1800/1900

(This GSM/GPRS/EDGE type only support voice call, SMS /MMS transmission and can only apply to 2G transmission speed.)

3G : WCDMA :

900/1900/2100

4G: FDD-LTE:

700/800/900/1800/1900/2100/2600

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello jermbos

Yes indeed that model will work with Rogers! 🙂
We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation