Are you kidding me? Now I'm getting charged for spotify when I'm supposed to get it free.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Are you kidding me? Now I'm getting charged for spotify when I'm supposed to get it free.

Just looked at my bill, I'm getting charged 9.99 this month now that I've switched to share everything plus, I'm supposed to have spotify included in my plan. What gives? Is anyone else having this issue? I'm going to cancel my service with Rogers at this rate given that they want to steal my money now too.

***Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator

Re: Are you kidding me? Now I'm getting charged for spotify when I'm supposed to get it free.

Hi @alexandercmzt

We'd like to help with your bill and look into your Spotify subscription further.

Please send us a private message to @CommunityHelps the next time you are online and we can assist you further.

@RogersPrasana

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Are you kidding me? Now I'm getting charged for spotify when I'm supposed to get it free.

Same thing, except different circumstances. Instead of getting Shomi for 24 months free, they cancelled it. When I changed it over online, they said it would cost $9.99. I called to complain and the rep told me there was never a 24 months free promotion, only ever six. I had them transfer me to retention, who told me that I was indeed entitled to 24 months free.

Guess what! I was just billed $9.99 and there's no evidence online of the free promotion on the Rogers website.

If you're still a Rogers customer, keep screen shots from your myRogers and copies of the brochure with the promotion when you register (there's no mention of the promotion on my contract).

I'm an Advisor

Hello @letsgoridebikez,

From http://www.rogers.com/consumer/wireless:

>>Subscribe and get the first 6 months FREE from the day you activate a Share Everything+ plan.3,4

From the fine print (emphasis mine):

3. Offers subject to change without notice. Services not provided by Rogers and subject to third-party terms and conditions. Available with eligible plans and (for Spotify service) to first-time Spotify Premium subscribers only. Once you subscribe, service will be free of monthly subscription fees for 6 months (starting the day plan is first activated), after which time, access will automatically be billed at then-current rate. If applicable, choice of service may only be changed up to 30 days after subscription. Regular monthly subscription fee for selected service (currently, Spotify Premium $9.99/month per user; Texture $9.99/month) plus applicable taxes will apply after initial period unless cancelled earlier. Changing to an ineligible plan or cancellation of your plan or account will end your access to this offer. Spotify Premium: up to 3 Spotify Premium subscriptions per account for Share Everything + plans with minimum 5 GB data (6 GB or more in Québec and Manitoba) for personal use within the same family. Data consumption: approx. 1 MB/min. for use of audio streaming and approx. 250 MB/magazine.

4. Texture 2 year free (Basic package) subscription offer is only available with a Share Everything plan having a tablet additional line for $10/mo. on your account (both Easy Pay® or bring your own tablet). Rogers reserves the right to remove your Texture subscription if your Share Everything tablet additional line is cancelled, downgraded to an ineligible plan or if responsibility of your account is transferred. Texture Terms of Service available at www.texture.ca/en/legal/terms-of-service.

It sounds like a miscommunication occurred - the Spotify Premium offer is for 6 months, and Texture is for 24 months.  I had this conversation with Rogers retentions / customer care not long ago.

If you are absolutely sure you were promised 24 months of Spotify Premium, call Rogers Customer Care and ask for escalation to retentions - you are owed an explanation.

Alternatively, visit the Rogers "Share a Concern" page at http://www.rogers.com/consumer/contactus/share-a-concern to get the ball rolling.  Include as much detail as possible (with interaction numbers you noted during conversations with retentions).

Please let us know how this turns out!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

We may need a little more detail to get to the bottom of this.. but i may have some insight, of having it happen myself.

A) There was a promo back around.. the time the iPhone 6s came out.. where it WAS a 24m promo.  Get a new phone, on one of the new plans, you get Spottify for 24 months free.

B) The spotify itself, will show up on the bill, as a CHARGE.  Its a chargeable item.
But there should be a subtraction of it somewhere too.  Free box renals are like this.  The Shomi included was like this, etc.

C) Now, if the plan was CHANGED..  After the original signup.  That is where my question then is.. as it may be what i ran into.
We were on plan, more than high enough for the subsidy, etc.  Had Spotify.   While talking with rogers on another thing, guy noticed there was a promo for me as a good customer, same cell plan, $10 less.  Sure why not.  Still more than the min for the subsidy.
But then suddenly, spotify started not be subtracted.
Called in, took a week or two for them to fully look into everything.  Appears, that while the spotify should be more tied directly to the 2 year hardware subsidy contract... it was tied in with the plan and when the plan changed it effected it.  (though all other parts on the site, said / showed the exipery at the 2 year point.

What they had to do for me instead.. if i wanted to keep spotify.. was they gave me a bulk refund.. i had like 12 months left.. so they gave me a $120 discount on my next bill... then i pay the $10 extra for the next 12 months.

I've Been Here Awhile

Please don't mistake the current promotion for the previous one; that's what the rep did. I am absolutely sure that's what I was promised. In fact, I am so sure that it turns out they've gone back and corrected my account after making noise.

The problem stems from the cancellation of Shomi. I was promised 24 months of Shomi, Spotify or Texture. Once they cancelled Shomi, I had issues converting my promo to Spotify.

I would point out that my promotion gives 24 mos on one line, where as the current gives six months on up to three lines.

The important lesson is this: keep every piece of documentation on you deal with Rogers. Either intentionally or inadvertently, they will screw it up.

And they make sure to obliterate any online trace of past deals to make it hard to prove...
I've Been Here Awhile

Please don't mistake the current promotion for the previous one; that's what the rep did. I am absolutely sure that's what I was promised. In fact, I am so sure that it turns out they've gone back and corrected my account after making noise.

The problem stems from the cancellation of Shomi. I was promised 24 months of Shomi, Spotify or Texture. Once they cancelled Shomi, I had issues converting my promo to Spotify.

I would point out that my promotion gives 24 mos on one line, where as the current gives six months on up to three lines.

The important lesson is this: keep every piece of documentation on you deal with Rogers. Either intentionally or inadvertently, they will change the deal.

And they make sure to obliterate any online trace of past deals to make it hard to prove...
I've Been Here Awhile

I am overseas and whenever I try to use texture it doesn't work. They have brutal customer support and I can't sign in. Yet I keep paying!!!!

Texture is also  a never ending nightmare

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I am wondering.. if for some reason, its Geo-locked? (like netflix, shomi, etc?)  Though i dont see why it should be.

Only other thing i could see.. might be if the provider over there.. doesnt have the right routing, etc to get to the texture servers.

Now on PPV
BARE KNUCKLE FC 9: LOBOV VS. KNIGHT 2
LIVE: Saturday, November 16, 2019 9PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $39.99 (HD) | $39.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $39.99
DTV & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship returns with BKFC 9, featuring the rematch of April’s “The Fight of the Year” between former UFC star Artem Lobov and Jason Knight.

Topic Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 in conversation