Are Some Email addresses blocked by Rogers

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Are Some Email addresses blocked by Rogers

I have a relative overseas that cannot send email addressed to anyone who's address ends with rogers.com. The person sending the email has an address ending with neostrada.pl. The sender gets an error message "Address Rejected" . We can send from rogers.com to neostrada.pl but not the other way.

I learned from the web that some domain names can be blacklisted for whatever reasons and I am wondering if rogers has blocked neostrada.pl. Is there anyway of finding out if this is so?

So far the only solution I have is to sign up with someone else like gmail for a new address that does not block neostrada.pl

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions. 

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Are Some Email addresses blocked by Rogers

Interesting.

That its a popup.. its an issue then from THAT side..that server.

I thoght it was an email reply message/rejection of some form... either a bouncback from rogers say it, or one from their email server.  (sometimes it will sit, and try for x amount of tries, before bouncing back that it can not do it.. that message is from the outgoing provider).

Error 550 is normaly a 'email address doesnt exist' type of thing

It can get that message when the other INCOMMING server is down, the one its trying to send to.

That it is a pop up right away... makes it seem its getting that rejection directly from her outgoing mail server.

Now.. i dont thing the rogers incomming mail server is DOWN...
But.. its possible that maybe their email service.. is not able to RESOVLE the rogers.com domain, has some issues routing it, etc..  and from that, then it would see it as 'not there' and get that message bounce back.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

is it possible to get a COPY of the rejection email notification that THEY are getting?

(they may have to send it to some other email where you can collect it from.. or send it to a friend or someone else you know with a NON rogers one, then that person forward it to you).

Can you post it here.. make sure to REMOVE any of their or your actualy email addresses out of it (either erase the part before the @ or just replace with XXXX or something).

Sometimes the full message, could have some more details in it.

Beyond that.. its possible that neostrada.pl has been blacklisted.
Rogers i dont think has MUCH control over that.. i beleive all their spam filtering, and any blacklist would be handled through what YAHOO blocks.   Often many companies done handle even these lists themselves.. they go through a 3rd party, which handles the blocking.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

The person overseas is my 89 year old mother so I am limited in what I can ask her to do. I did log on to her account through neostrada.pl webmail service and the error message shows up for about two seconds and then disappears from the screen. I managed to catch it with "print screen" key. The part in red was written in Polish I translated to English The rest is exactly as it appeared.

error smtp (550) cannot add recipient "xxxxxxxx@rogers.com"

(5.1.1 <xxxxxxxx@rogers.com>: Recipient address rejected: mail is not deliverable)

I am thinking of setting up accounts for myself and the children on gmail and having it automatically forwarded to to rogers, or just abandon rogers altogether.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I see the red font does not show up so the first line of the error message was translated to English and second line was in English

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Interesting.

That its a popup.. its an issue then from THAT side..that server.

I thoght it was an email reply message/rejection of some form... either a bouncback from rogers say it, or one from their email server.  (sometimes it will sit, and try for x amount of tries, before bouncing back that it can not do it.. that message is from the outgoing provider).

Error 550 is normaly a 'email address doesnt exist' type of thing

It can get that message when the other INCOMMING server is down, the one its trying to send to.

That it is a pop up right away... makes it seem its getting that rejection directly from her outgoing mail server.

Now.. i dont thing the rogers incomming mail server is DOWN...
But.. its possible that maybe their email service.. is not able to RESOVLE the rogers.com domain, has some issues routing it, etc..  and from that, then it would see it as 'not there' and get that message bounce back.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Thanks for your thoughts on this.

For a long time I thought my mother was misspelling the address but it turns out that at some point something changed between those two companies.

I cannot change anything on my mothers side due to her age and abilities so I have to deal with the problem on this side. I will migrate to a different provider like gmail or similar, less frustrating and time consuming than trying to find the meaning of 5.1.1

Cheers!

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah, might  be a little difficult to sort it out.

One option as well...

If/since you may have alot of stuff already registered with rogers..

Create an email like GMAIL.. you can set up stuff like forwarding to your rogers email.
(though, if you reply.. that can get a little messy).

Sorry couldnt be more help.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Yes I already have two addresses where I tried to separate work from private correspondence and yes it can get very messy just as you describe. Getting the kids to switch is not a problem since they communicate with friends through everything but email. I am sure Google railroaded the kids to setup a gmail account already. The question is do they remember the username and password.

Thanks again and have a good weekend.