Are Rogers phones locked to Rogers only?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Are Rogers phones locked to Rogers only?

Smiley Surprised ?

******* Edit labels ********

Solved! Go to Solution.
I've Been Around

Re: Are Rogers phones locked to Rogers only?

Yes, but most phones can be unlocked to work with other carriers.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Yes they are. They are locked to the carrier that they go to in which Rogers phones are locked to Rogers. Some phones MIGHT ( rare chance) they might ONLY work for Fido. Every phone bell / Telus / Fido / Virgin & the others are locked to the carriers.

This is something the states & around the world have as well. The only way to unlock them is buying a unlock code.

I see...guess my iPhone was unlocked since I bought it from Apple Canada. Thanks.

Problem is...are they locked to SIM or Network?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

From what i know & have read its Sim locked. That is why you are able to unlock the phone & use it with another Sim card. If it was Network locked it would be able to do that. ( unless i am wrong).
I Plan to Stick Around

Just unlocked a Rogers captivate. Working with Telus now.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Yea i unlock all the Rogers phones i have & either sell them or just give them to friends / family that need phones with other carriers.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I am the opposite of meowmix, I wait for my family to give me their old unused/unlocked roger phones so I dont have to spend any money on phones. lol

I've Been Here Awhile

I used to work in a call center outsourced for AT&T and the phone does have a locked code and when people wanted there phones unlocked to move to another company we gave them the unlock code and walked them through how to unlock it and then they just had to get a new sim card and a new number from the company they chose to go to

Now on PPV
BARE KNUCKLE FC 9: LOBOV VS. KNIGHT 2
LIVE: Saturday, November 16, 2019 9PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $39.99 (HD) | $39.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $39.99
DTV & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship returns with BKFC 9, featuring the rematch of April’s “The Fight of the Year” between former UFC star Artem Lobov and Jason Knight.

Topic Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 in conversation