Apps "not available in your country"

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Apps "not available in your country"

I'm unable to install any of the Rogers apps such as My Account and voicemail on my phone: when I try to access them from the phone, the Play app says that they are not available in my country. The Play website also blocks installation ("cannot be installed in your device's country"). I recently moved back to Canada from the States, and I am using the same Gmail account on my Rogers phone (HTC One) as I used in the US, so that may be the cause of this issue. Any idea how to convince the Play store that I have a Canadian device?

***edited labels***

I'm a Senior Contributor

Re: Apps "not available in your country"

You will need to go to google wallet and update your home address and other billing related information for it to recognize you are in Canada.

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks--I had already done that, but the Play store still seems to think I'm in the US. Does it just take time for it to switch over (it's been a few days)?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello bar_foo

It should change immediately. If it does not change within a couple of days. I would just suggest making a new Gmail account & transferring everything over
I've Been Here Awhile

I discovered (from an Android forum) that what you need to do is:

• Change the address in Google Wallet
  • Open the Play store and start a purchase (e.g., of an app)
  • Get to the payment confirmation screen, but don't actually complete the purchase

The last step seems to force the system to check your payment method and address, and register that the country has changed.

Now on PPV
BARE KNUCKLE FC 9: LOBOV VS. KNIGHT 2
LIVE: Saturday, November 16, 2019 9PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $39.99 (HD) | $39.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $39.99
DTV & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship returns with BKFC 9, featuring the rematch of April’s “The Fight of the Year” between former UFC star Artem Lobov and Jason Knight.

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation