AppleCare+ and iPhone 5

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

AppleCare+ and iPhone 5

How do I get AppleCare+ on my new iPhone 5 when I pick it up from my Rogers location tonight?  In the past I've always picked up the phone from Apple and this was never a problem.  can this be purchased from Rogers?

*****Edited Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: AppleCare+ and iPhone 5

Hello all,

You can also get AppleCare+ through Rogers at the time of the upgrade/activation.  Ask the store rep for more details 🙂

Thanks,

RogersAndrewNP

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

You can't buy it from Rogers however you can either call Apple directly and purchase it or even walk into the store (I believe). I've done it over the phone in the past.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I just read the AppleCare+ website: http://store.apple.com/ca/product/S4728Z/A/applecare%2B-for-iphone#overview

It states the following:

How to get AppleCare+

• Add it to your shopping cart during the checkout process when you purchase your new iPhone.
  • Buy it within 30 days of your iPhone purchase at Apple Retail (requires inspection of the iPhone & & proof of purchase). Your iPhone purchase date is the date we ship and charge you for your order.

If I have to go to the Apple store to get AppleCare+, I may as well get my iPhone while I'm there...

Can Rogers please confirm this?

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello all,

You can also get AppleCare+ through Rogers at the time of the upgrade/activation.  Ask the store rep for more details 🙂

Thanks,

RogersAndrewNP

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

RogersAndrewNP is correct.

The store rep told me about adding Applecare+ on my account for $99 & i pay once on my next invoice & its all good. So i added it but on my account, it shows $99 per month.. So i really do not know if its a glitch AGAIN.

Anyways ask the store to add it for you 🙂
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I booked an appointment earlier on in the week for this coming Sunday at the Apple Store to purchase the apple care +

I would have much rathered paid for it on the next invoice with Rogers.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I bought AppleCare when I picked up my phone. They said it will be on my next invoice. I didn't receive a box with an activation code. I tried to go on the AppleCare support site to see if my phone had AppleCare by putting in my serial number but it didn't show up. It did show under my Rogers account. Will I receive a serial number? If I have problems with my phone, how will the apple store know I have AppleCare if it doesn't show up on their system but only on the Rogers my Account?
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Anyone have any idea how to register for AppleCare if I didn't get a box?
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Apple no longer has boxes for AppleCare, nor any Apple software any more.

I picked up my 16GB iPhone 5 today and confirmed I purchased AppleCare+.  It get's added to your phone, so there is no box, etc.  Rogers will register the AppleCare to your phone...

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Anyone know if applecare for IP5 will include the 2 accidental breakages like USA?  Last i looked at iphone4 was not canadian only for usa.