Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Hello @Dx9

That is correct as posted before. The Apple store started the reservation to pick up this morning. The announced this 4 days ago to the ones that weren't able to get one to pre order. It's a good thing which shows Apple had stock.
nasa25
I'm a Trusted Contributor

What happened to you in inexcusable.

I’d recommend contacting Rogers Maude on these forums. She’s helped me a ton and always been great. Maybe she can help sort this out for you and get an iPhone X off to you ASAP.

Edit - just saw you had one waiting for you at bestbuy lol
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nasa25

I don't think any Rogers rep can fix the problems that Koodo is causing with the number transfer. She could fix the account however it may not even let him add the phone in the line unless they bypass the system and that requires head management to give the green light.

I believe he is done with Rogers. I would be to at his position.
Sapphire27ca
I Plan to Stick Around

I had a similar experience to @GibMcFragger last week.

I had a Rogers account in September, ported out to Telus in early October (they have better coverage and had recently set up a corporate plan through my work). When I tried to deal with Telus corporate, I learned that it's much more complicated than my corporate discount with Rogers, so I ported back out to Rogers after about 3 weeks.

I was very clear with the rep on the phone last Wednesday that my plan was to pre-order the X on Friday and she was all for it. On Thursday evening around 10:30 I went onto my account to make sure that everything was good to pre-order the phone and I did a "test" with the iPhone 8 only to receive a message that I couldn't upgrade my phone as my account needed to be open for 30 days. I went on the online chat where they told me that this was the case (due to fraud apparently, even though if I had set up an account and ordered a phone at that time it's the same . thing) and that there was nothing they could do because all of the other departments were closed.

Fast-forward to 9 am on Friday when I got through to someone in Customer Relations who eventually devised a work-around that I could do a reservation for the phone setting it up as a second line and then she'll go in after I pick it up in the store and fix my account. I was pretty . off that the rep on the Wednesday didn't tell me that this was going to be a problem... and I'm still . off that I'm still waiting for my phone as I didn't get the reservation set up until 9:30 on the Friday.

This really is a stupid rule, considering that I could port out to a new account with a different company and have the phone on the spot (if anywhere had the one I want). And I really don't see how it's preventing fraud in any way.

Jason111
I've Been Around

Like others have said in this huge thread:

BEST BUY HAS TONS OF STOCK

Their online stock checker and in-store reservation system is working today - yesterday they wouldn't show stock at stores.  All the Best Buy stores in Manitoba still have lots left.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Jason111

Best Buy in Toronto has limited stock but has stock as well!
Prospect
I Plan to Stick Around

Any idea if I can grab GSP from them?

If my phone is bought from Rogers, still sealed?

I assume I just take the phone, proof of purchase to add the plan?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Prospect

Do NOT get GSP. As a former employee I can tell you how many customers are upset over GSP and it's just a money grab from BB. Buy AppleCare instead.
Jazzysue
I'm Here A Lot

For anyone wanting to add AppleCare to your plan; I received my iPhone X yesterday and was able to add it on to my plan today for $9/month.    

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Jazzysue

Very nice!! It's better to get AppleCare then any other protection plan.