Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
enigma4321
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

@Meowmix   Yup once one carrier changes a policy, others follow. im not complaining, i understand why. Just was a surprise last year when i went to the store (think it might have been the note7) and had to pay up front lol. There was no warning AT ALL to clients

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @enigma4321

I remember that. Lol
McBoober
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @McBoober

Model A1901 is the correct one. The other one works for CDMA carriers which Canada does not have.

Thank you. Seems a bit of bad news as I read here: https://www.techwalls.com/iphone-x-models-a1865-a1901-a1902-differences/ that the A1865 will work anywhere in the world basically.

It raises the possibility this device wont work in some places when travelling 😞

nasa25
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Even if I have to wait a bit longer to get my device I'm doing ship to home from now on.

Reasons:

1. Get to have amount charged on next bill so I can sell my current phone (after my new one arrives) and apply the proceeds towards my new phone.  Always how I've done it

2. Don't have to go down to the store and do paperwork and have a rogers employee potentially manhandle your new iPhone before you ever get to touch it (the sim tray of my gf's 8 was manhandled by a rogers employee at my local store when she upgraded a few weeks ago.  Torqued the heck out of the sim tray and caused it to be raised/bent...then when we discovered it shortly after leaving the store and going back the next day they said sim trays shouldn't be so easy to bend and called it a phone defect.  LAUGHABLE.  We ended up going to apple, explaining what happened and they replaced the entire phone free of charge)

So part of reason #2 is that I won't be going back to my local rogers store for any business again.   I hope that employee was reprimanded after my complaint to rogers.  

rant over

nasa25

A couple other points:

1. Rogers should notify everyone of the pay in store policy.  Upgrading my gf's iPhone to an 8 a few weeks back we had no idea.  Guy that manhandled her phone told us we owe $xxx.xx and I was totally surprised because I had never paid in store before.  People need to be aware of this beforehand.

2. Maybe I'm a bit paranoid but ship to home on a $1500+ phone worries me.  I hope that UPS absolutely does not just leave the phone without a signature.  Also I'm paranoid due to the Note 8 empty box issues that have been happening recently.  I'll be checking the contents of my iPhone X box immediately upon signing for delivery.  

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nasa25

Agreed and agreed with all those points.
enigma4321
I Plan to Stick Around

@nasa25Exactly what i was saying above (policy changes)

AND i have had EXACTLY that happen with one of my phones, the sim tray being bent slightly.. was very frustrated and didnt notice at first either. So the times after that that i went to a rogers store for upgrades, i never let the employee handle my new phones. Plus (no offense to knowledgeable employees) i usually know more about these phones than they do. im not trying to sound cocky, far from it. I have just a LOT of experience with phones in the last 6 years (switching ever month or less). 

That being said, ship to home is the best option i think..

jorjel
I Plan to Stick Around

@enigma4321, you are right.

I hope they don't want to activate it in the store and let me take the sealed box home.

nasa25

@enigma4321

yes I saw your comments above and totally agree with them.  

As far as the in store pick up goes....probably half of the time I've been able to walk out of the store with the phone sealed in box but on a few occasions they've insisted that they needed to open the box to check that the phone is in proper working order.  

And it's true...most times we iPhone/smartphone enthusiasts know more about the phones than the store employees so there's no reason for them to have to setup our phones (other than to check the device as I previously mentioned).  

In hindsight I should have insisted that my gf's iPhone 8 be left sealed in box but prior to processing the upgrade the guy was spouting so much false garbage (re: upgrade status, other stuff) that I was just worn down and wanted to get out of there without any further hassle.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jorjel

Its already been activated for u. All you need to do is if u already have a nano sim card, pop it into the X and your set. If u don't, then it comes with one and all u need to do is call and activate that sim card. That's all. No store.