Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Hello @Happyhuh

It will change roughly tonight - tomorrow during the day or night. Apple should be sending them to Rogers as soon as possible.
kevindanielscot
I'm Here A Lot

If i were to arrive at an apple plus store on the morning of the 3rd would there be a possibility of me attaining one that way? will there be any sold at locations on opening day?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @kevindanielscot

You would need to camp out from the night before to be able to get one. Walking in the morning of that day will get u 0 chance on getting it.
kevindanielscot
I'm Here A Lot

any idea how many will be in store?

thanks a lot for your help btw.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @kevindanielscot

No idea. Not even the Apple reps will know until day night before when they open the skids up. Most of the stock given to Apple goes towards all the pre orders first and then walks ins.

Half of the walk ins are able to get one. However due to the demand of the X, not all walk ins which will be waiting will get it at launch.
van10
I Plan to Stick Around

When the 6 came out, there were daily reservations on open stock that came each day to apple stores which you could reserve online. It is done at a specific time. If you click on the carrier link looks like Nov 4th you can check the stock. But with the X being more limited in stock, maybe it won't work well this way. I like to think Apple keeps some devices for various aspects of buying one; pre-order, carriers, walk-ins for the hype, and a few here and there for stock so the excitement can continue after launch. 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @van10

It wasn't like the for the 6S or the 7 to be honest ( Jet Black / matte black for the 7) you could only find a few 7 ( Not 7+) during after the launch. Rarely there would be a + model until a month or so later.
k33pcalm
I've Been Here Awhile

Looks like the MyRogers website is down right now. May be they are updating all the order statuses for us? Or am I being too optimistic?

I'm #6 for 64gb Silver and #13 for 64gb Grey.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @k33pcalm

They aren't. My Rogers always goes down constantly. They don't shut down the site to do the update statuses. That happens automatically.
mh1t
I've Been Here Awhile

Has anyone who preordered a 64GB model and selected ship to home and pay in advance from rogers received a shipping confirmation e-mail yet? I've only received a confirmation e-mail so far.