cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hey everyone!!Smiley Happy

I am posting this now as tomorrow i will be unable to come online due to some family appointments i have Smiley Sad

Once again its the time of the year that Apple will be announcing their new iPhone line up. I am happy to announce that iPhone 8 / 8 Plus and iPhone X will be announced tomorrow! As for the specs, They are rumored to be the iPhone X will have a OLED wrap around display near bazel-less and have 3GB of RAM and wireless charging as per the rumors. The iPhone 8 / 8+ will have similar body and display as the iPhone 7 and newer technology such as new camera / Face unlocking and more! Will update this tomorrow when i can! The names to be rumored as per what the IOS11 beta has shown and also some of the features! Again i will try and update the thread tomorrow when i can! 

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Apple iPhone 8 / 8+ and iPhone X to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want, iPhone 8 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do remember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confuses about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

5). They also started last year a pre ordering system done online being charged on your CC ( Credit card) imminently and having the device shipped to your home instead. Last year with the iPhone 7 / 7 Plus the ones that picked this way got it the day of launch or day after launch but only a few did. Not everyone.  This way is a good way but sadly u do not see any status updates like u do with the reservation system and only get a confirmation email and a shipment email. ( some did not get any email until the unit got shipped with QMS or UPS). Please do remember. Using the SHIP TO HOME option does NOT give u any insight of updates or status. You will only get notified when it ships out. 

Let's make this thread the only thread for the iPhone 8 / 8+ iPhone X  please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help!Smiley HappyCat Happy

2,945 REPLIES 2,945

Re: Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Thank you @Meowmix I am unsure of what the issue is with Rogers and Apple but every other company has received their phones faster. Looks like I won’t be seeing it until after Christmas

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @MonieF

Yeah sadly that's the case. It's going to a wait. They said before Christmas but we shall see

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @99p

My sister ordered the same date as u and same device ( space gray). They told her the exact samething and more. Every two days it's either " back ordered" or " it's been removed from the back order list". Great way to lose customers when reps keep giving false information or hopes..

99p
I've Been Here Awhile

Exactly, the false info and false hope is the worst. Wish I had taken the offer from another carrier on BF instead of giving Rogers the opportunity to match it. I would've had the phone and avoided this situation all together. Surely I won't make that mistake again in the future! Good luck to your sister, I hope she get's her phone soon as well.. I know exactly how frustrating this process has been!

MonieF
I'm Here A Lot
Just got an update, apparently my phone status is “ready to release” but that still might take another week.

sharmavarun86
I've Been Here Awhile

Switching from BYOD plan  to 2 year tab for iPhone 256 GB

I want to order Iphone X 256 GB. Currently I have my own device. I want to know if I order the phone online what will be the new plan. My existing plan is share everything $80/ month 15 GB.

Hello @sharmavarun86,

Have you tried engaging Rogers directly via:

- Private Message on this forum (send PM to @CommunityHelps,

- 1-888-ROGERS-1 (phone, not recommended as there is a long wait)

- Twitter (send Direct Message to @RogersHelps), 

- Facebook.

If not, fellow users can help you right here on the forum. Where are you located? (deals and offers vary by region).

rm3dina
I've Been Here Awhile

Just ordered a 64GB iPhone X in Silver yesterday and I just read through this thread.

What are the chances of Rogers shipping and having it arrive by next week? Was hoping for it to be a christmas gift, but it's not exactly looking too good judging by a lot of peoples posts.

Thanks.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @rm3dina

Very slim to none. You won't get it until start of January or later.

rm3dina
I've Been Here Awhile

Yikes. 

That's not a good way to start off the holidays. Did Rogers always operate like this? 

Would I be better off cancelling my current order and just buying in store at Rogers or Apple?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @rm3dina

I would cancel and go to the Apple store or Rogers store and see if they have any in stock.

sharmavarun86
I've Been Here Awhile
I am from Winnipeg

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @sharmavarun86

Have you gone to a Apple store or Rogers store near u and checked out if they have one in stock?

rm3dina
I've Been Here Awhile

Just got an email saying mine has been shipped.

Ordered on Sunday Dec 17, 2017 and got the email on Dec 21st. 

It ended up landing in my spam folder for some reason from this email: noreplyhardwareorder@rci.rogers.com

Has to be legit, right?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @rm3dina

That is the correct email for them. Sometimes it may land in the spam folders. I noticed this with me too.

BillyChy
I Plan to Stick Around
I ordered a iPhone 8plus 64gb grey on 27 Nov, and haven’t received anything from Rogers. Called them many times and the costumer service agents gave me lot of different answer since the first time I called them. Thought I could received the phone at the beginning of December but seems like no more hope.
They offered me two times of 50$off of my next bill and told me the phone has been “backordered.” Even today when I talked to them over the phone.
Lately I used the live chat and the agent was told me the phone is instock, and I should expected the phone next week.???

WTH is going on Rogers???? Everyone telling me different answers??? Backorder or instock? When u guys can sent me the phone???

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @BillyChy

My sister is in the same position as you. Sadly the reps don't know the real information. Live chat that is. The managers she and I have spoken to ( since I am a level 1 on her account) have told us that many went for the gray 64GB thus why it's out of stock. Weird part is that it's going to be a month and somehow Apple hasn't shipped any to Rogers which I find very strange as Apple them selfs have many in stock, some Rogers stores have them in stock and also the fact that their online site shows it in stock but not the 256GB model.

They told me the online has a different inventory. That well may be true but they should be moving some inventory from the online toward the customers waiting for their phones from ordering it over the phone. My sister will wait but come boxing day she will be shopping around. Rogers is starting to play with customer's patience here and I doubt this is Apple doing. There is only so much Apple can be blamed for. Apple has plenty in stock. No other carrier is out of stock of those models.

Reps told her to go to the store and get it. She doesn't want to pay more then what she was offered ( basically free now like you since she has to wait). Also the fact that all the other carriers have it in stock including Apple is making me believe Rogers is just blaming Apple for no reason. Might be true that Apple hasn't brought some to Rogers but let's be real here. Rogers receives stock once or twice a week on Tuesday and i believe Fridays. So they should have stock. However they move that stock to store level and online instead.. There is no way Rogers hasn't received them in a month.

Sad to see this is how they are going about this. My sister asked how long and the manager said ( still shows Backordered for 3+ weeks.). So by that logic, you and my sister and anyone else waiting will get it mid January or end of January which isn't fair to them at all...

BillyChy
I Plan to Stick Around
So I just talked to them again over the phone and Facebook. Both of them said our phone is instock now since 20th Dec. we should have expected the phone in 3-5 business days.
And I asked both of them are they using the same inventory system and Yes. (That’s what they told me)
I totally agree with your sister, I’m not gonna wasted my time and to get my phone without any deal in store and later on called Rogers again to let them refund the differents.
Rogers already wasted my time. Not gonna stick with them after this contact for sure, and they will lose 5 costumer at the same time lmao.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @BillyChy

Well if they are so called using the same inventory system maybe the reps saying that should be either retrained or the 2 managers should be. Makes no sense that there is so much miscommunication going on...

As for December 20th. If it was in stock since then, don't u think Rogers would have shipped it out already? I called Telus and changes my devices over on one of my accounts 2 days ago. This afternoon Canada Post came and dropped off the correct phone I needed for my dad. So if Rogers had stock since December 20th either they are not caring to ship them out before Christmas (which now is late) and ship them out in a week later OR both reps are giving wrong information.

This whole situation is making it more difficult for many. @RogersCorey @RogersMoin @RogersPrasana. What are the stock levels for the iPhone 8 us 64GB Space Gray?. As said before some of us have ordered November 27-28th and still waiting with countless reps and managed giving us way to many different stories and communications. From being in stock, out of stock, backorder, in stock, back order and or they had stock since December 20th. Please let us know as my sister is willing to change carries to get her phone and the users above are also waiting for it.

Thank you!

BillyChy
I Plan to Stick Around
The most ridiculous point is one of my friend ordered an iPhone 8 plus 64gb at the same day as me, she got her phone in 3 days. 2 of my friend ordered an iPhone x 256gb, they got it last week. All ordered from Rogers website..
Most of my coworkers ordered from telus and they got their phone last week no matter 8 or 8plus or x.. (cooperated account)
I’m the only one ordered earliest in the restruant and the latest one get my phone.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @BillyChy

My sister spoke to the buyers remorse team last night and they said they just got devices 2 days ago and starting to package them up. So sometime next week we should have our devices. He said that the warehouse was told to rush them put however no one days Sunday deliveries. So we shall see what the truth is.

Honestly from now on just order online. Yeah u get deals calling in however u wait weeks if not a month for the phone