cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hey everyone!!Smiley Happy

I am posting this now as tomorrow i will be unable to come online due to some family appointments i have Smiley Sad

Once again its the time of the year that Apple will be announcing their new iPhone line up. I am happy to announce that iPhone 8 / 8 Plus and iPhone X will be announced tomorrow! As for the specs, They are rumored to be the iPhone X will have a OLED wrap around display near bazel-less and have 3GB of RAM and wireless charging as per the rumors. The iPhone 8 / 8+ will have similar body and display as the iPhone 7 and newer technology such as new camera / Face unlocking and more! Will update this tomorrow when i can! The names to be rumored as per what the IOS11 beta has shown and also some of the features! Again i will try and update the thread tomorrow when i can! 

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Apple iPhone 8 / 8+ and iPhone X to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want, iPhone 8 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do remember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confuses about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

5). They also started last year a pre ordering system done online being charged on your CC ( Credit card) imminently and having the device shipped to your home instead. Last year with the iPhone 7 / 7 Plus the ones that picked this way got it the day of launch or day after launch but only a few did. Not everyone.  This way is a good way but sadly u do not see any status updates like u do with the reservation system and only get a confirmation email and a shipment email. ( some did not get any email until the unit got shipped with QMS or UPS). Please do remember. Using the SHIP TO HOME option does NOT give u any insight of updates or status. You will only get notified when it ships out. 

Let's make this thread the only thread for the iPhone 8 / 8+ iPhone X  please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help!Smiley HappyCat Happy

2,945 REPLIES 2,945

Re: Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

pointypeter
I've Been Here Awhile
Thanks or the reply @Meowmix

If they were to place a new order for me, I would be placed at the bottom of of the queue, right? A manager or OOP wouldn’t be able to manually put me at he top of the line because I was supposed to have a already received my phone, would they?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @pointypeter

They can escalate it. That's all they can do. They won't be able to get u to get it tomorrow or the next day of course but they can escalate it and see if the warehouse fan ship it out as soon as possible.

nasa25
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@pointypeter

your phone got sold to someone else

if I were you I'd get retentions on the line and raise a stink.

Instead of getting them to reserve you a phone, get them to ship you one PRIORITY to your home to make up for the error caused with the reservation.  By priority I mean they should make it right by allowing you to cut in front of the current line, since you should have had your phone on Nov 3rd

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @nasa25

While that can be done, it's not a 100% guarantee that it will be shipped out immediately and jump the line. However it can happen only if the warehouse does it.

nasa25

@Meowmix

yup I understand nothing is a guarantee but the man should have had his phone on launch day and it's 99.9% in the hands of someone else.  It would have shipped with all the other reserved devices to that store.  So unless no one else got theirs, it was sold to another person. 

Obviously Rogers won't admit what really happened but they should step up to the plate and make things right here.  He reserved early like everyone else that already has their X and deserves to get one in short order.  If he waits on the device to magically arrive at the store he will be waiting for a lifetime

Rogers has the UPS tracking number for that lot of phones that went to the store.  They can easily verify whether or not it was delivered.  

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @nasa25

Oh i agree. Rogers could easily track it if they put a investigation on it of they wish.

Hopefully Rogers makes this up to them!

nasa25

@Meowmix

yup I'm sure if he talks to the right people they can sort it out for him (key word being right people lol)

Yometi
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi, 

So im curious, is this thread just about residential pre orders?

I Pre-ordered the silver, 256GB iPhone X on 27/10/2017, and I was #3 in line for a corporate pre-order and #1 in line as of the monday following the release. I've reading through this thread that some people have been receiving their phones of the same model as recently as this past week. I'm not sure whats going on and who to complain to about this, I just kind of really annoyed by this and have lost all excitement for the new phone out frustration that Rogers has caused because for some reason it seems like I am being skipped?

Just want to confirm, has anyone received the silver 256GB model of the iPhone X in the past week and I'm getting screwed by Rogers or have I read that wrong and Rogers just hasn't gotten stock of this specific model?

DavidV08
I Plan to Stick Around
If your imei changes and phone model under MyRogers how long should it take to receive your phone?

felixpennell
I Plan to Stick Around
I feel like Rogers isn’t sending out many 256gb models in general. I honestly don’t think they received many. When they called me yesterday saying I’m on the priority list and saying I’ll receive it in the next 3 weeks, I think that was a tactic to extend the promised timeframe when I originally ordered it. This might mean that the wait might be longer for all of us unfortunately. I’ll definitely be purchasing directly from Apple next time rather than paying for a phone that I don’t have.

kwistofoo
I've Been Here Awhile

Reserved an 256gb X in space grey on launch day. I was late getting to it, and queued in around #1150. Moved up about 500 right away on the first group of deliveries, and about 10 days ago moved up to about #150.  A few cancellations or whatever moved me up to #139. Its been 10+ days with no significant movement. I really hope they get a shipment in soon. The waiting game sucks! 

Anyways, @Meowmix, can you clarify this.. While they are trying to fill pre-orders, are they also sending out random phones to the stores for instore sales? 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @kwistofoo

Yes they are as well sending some phones to random stores ( stores which do pretty high volume sales). That's how they allocate their shipments as well.

343tgrtv435
I've Been Here Awhile
Wondering if anyone has issues with the reservation system? I was at 89 open for the iPhone X, then it disappeared? When I logged in to check it goes in and lets me order an iPhonex without waiting... no confirmation but they got my payment.

What happened to my reservation in the first place

343tgrtv435
I've Been Here Awhile

Does this order cancel my reservation? Spoke with a rep saying it takes 3 weeks plus if I ordered today. But I reserved this and the reservation got lost. I’m worried that Rogers may cancel my original reservation since the system let me order this.  

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @343tgrtv435

The only way to cancel it would be if you by accidentally cancel the reservation. They can't cancel it.

Calling into Rogers to ask them what's going on isn't helpful as they can't so much either. They have no way of seeing it.

It could be a system glitch causing this. This happened to me before with another device. Took a couple of days and it reappeared back.

343tgrtv435
I've Been Here Awhile

@Meowmix Thanks! They did say there is a glitch, however could not answer whether or not my original reservation will be cancelled due to me ordering one. When I try to click upgrade,it Locks me out saying there is a pending order.  I guess I’ll have to wait and see.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @343tgrtv435

Yeah it will lock u out before they already have done a upgrade for u over the phone. So that's normal.

Canuckmania
I've Been Here Awhile

I have been reading and following this discussion thread from day one as it has been a great source of information and way to kinda keep track of who has and who has not been getting their phones after pre-ordering started on October 27th.

I pre-ordered the Silver 256GB iPhone X on October 27th around 6:13 am EST (via device upgrade link) and was originally #15 but dropped to #9 on November 3rd. Since then, no updates or movement.

I am in the same boat with most (if not all) frustrated (even angry) corporate customers who are still waiting and have not received any updates on Rogers Direct website (I am still in "In Progress (Pre-Fulfillment)"). Like many others, I have called the business customer support line on three separate times and every time, they have no idea on when corporate/business clients will get their phones (to be fair, there is a recording before a live rep comes on that states that they do not have any information or updates on phones orders). My frustration is that there is no supervisor/manager to speak with to escalate or even give feedback too.   

Based on what I have read, it seems like Apple has shipped more 64GB models than the 256GB to Rogers as it seems like the ones getting their phones ordered the 64GB. If this is true, I do not find it surprising since the 64GB model is "cheaper". Even when I call my local Best Buy mobile (even though I know they cannot deal with Rogers corporate clients...only small business), they have mainly been getting (very very few) 64GB models.

If anyone has not read this, corporate/business customers will be the LAST in line for the phones as it seems like consumers have priority which is ridiculous (no one should have priority as I think it should be based on the time which the pre-order was submitted). 

I knew when I pre-ordered that I would be waiting for the phone BUT I will not be happy if I do not get it before Christmas. Really hope that there is some progress for corporate/business customers in the next couple weeks.

DavidV08
I Plan to Stick Around

Just an update on my iPhone X. 

Ordered Nov 6th. Iphone X Silver 64gb. Imei Changed on Tuesday November 14th. Received the phone today in the morning. The only weird thing about it was that on Tuesday IMEI changed and phone model. On Wednesday around 830PM received a text saying I made changes to the account and what not while also receiving an email showing the changed I made and the phone I ordered and so on. Now I know this isn't confirmation of delivery so I was waiting on that. This morning I went on the chat just to add someone on my account. After I made the addition I was just curious and asked where my phone maybe since I have an IMEI and when I can expect it. Person said phone has been shipped out and provided me with a tracking number for UPS. I tracked it and the phone was on route and actually arrived an hour later. Crazy that rogers did not provide me with an email saying my phone was shipped and a tracking number, it was by chance I got the number and confirmation it was shipped. All in all I am happy that I received the phone quicker then expected. Was told 3 weeks the week of Nov 27th. Received it in just over a week and a half. Hopefully everyone else here receives their phones soon too! 

Hj9
I've Been Here Awhile
So I ordered on the 6th and finally got the iPhone X delivered yesterday. However, delivery man decided to leave it at my front door without a signature... anyways, phone was safe. My plan includes AppleCare+, how do I activate that option? It says on apple.com that my phone is eligible for a Apple care if I purchase it? My old plan also had Apple care but it says expires that AppleCare in December 2017. So confusing

felixpennell
I Plan to Stick Around
What model did you order and did you receive an email saying the device is being shipped?.. or did it just randomly show up at your house with no warning?