I am posting this now as tomorrow i will be unable to come online due to some family appointments i have
Once again its the time of the year that Apple will be announcing their new iPhone line up. I am happy to announce that iPhone 8 / 8 Plus and iPhone X will be announced tomorrow! As for the specs, They are rumored to be the iPhone X will have a OLED wrap around display near bazel-less and have 3GB of RAM and wireless charging as per the rumors. The iPhone 8 / 8+ will have similar body and display as the iPhone 7 and newer technology such as new camera / Face unlocking and more! Will update this tomorrow when i can! The names to be rumored as per what the IOS11 beta has shown and also some of the features! Again i will try and update the thread tomorrow when i can!
1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Apple iPhone 8 / 8+ and iPhone X to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want, iPhone 8 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .
- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.
2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.
3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do remember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.
For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ
4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confuses about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.
5). They also started last year a pre ordering system done online being charged on your CC ( Credit card) imminently and having the device shipped to your home instead. Last year with the iPhone 7 / 7 Plus the ones that picked this way got it the day of launch or day after launch but only a few did. Not everyone. This way is a good way but sadly u do not see any status updates like u do with the reservation system and only get a confirmation email and a shipment email. ( some did not get any email until the unit got shipped with QMS or UPS). Please do remember. Using the SHIP TO HOME option does NOT give u any insight of updates or status. You will only get notified when it ships out.
Let's make this thread the only thread for the iPhone 8 / 8+ iPhone X please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help!
I discussed the issue with rogers on Monday and they told me that the request had been sent to apple but that's the only info they could provide. Guess I'll just wait it out.
I keep checking my apple support profile and I can confirm that it hasn't yet been added so I'm guessing rogers (or apple) will only be able to provide the certificate once the AC+ has been activated on the device.
Ok I have 2 notifications. One apparently is being delivered to my home tomorrow and I have another one that is being delivered to a store. Not sure which one is happening. Also I heard that apparently if you pick up at store you have to pay for the payout of the old phone up front before they release the new one to you. Is that correct?
I am a corporate client...#34 or so on the wait list of my 256 grey iPhone X.
The service team has told me that my profile still says in process and after "speaking to their manager" about what that means, the only info i was given is that being #34 means i will get mine sooner than #1,300.
Should i be expecting this week, next month?
anyone got any ideas?
Ok well talking to Rogers yesterday they say they only have one device coming in but I'm not sure if it's coming to the store or to my home (I received 2 different notifications). The rep also told me that I wouldn't have to pay for anything picking it up in the store. Man they need to train their CSR's better, very confusing how they've gone about things this year.
I'll never use ship to store ever again. Ship to home is superior based on this X release. Reasons:
1. Get it delivered to your house and don't have to go into the store and do paperwork
2. Seems like ship to home was given priority for the devices as those who pre-ordered even hours after the pre-order/reservation went live received their units on launch day. Those who reserved hours later (for in store pickup) did not.
3. Get to pay the device cost (less subsidy) on your next invoice as opposed to up front. That means you have a 1-2 month buffer to sell your old phone and apply those proceeds towards your new device
4. You can setup your new toy in the comfort of your own home without having some rogers rep manhandle it before you even get to touch it
5. Zero upgrade admin fee as opposed to $25 for ISPU
6. No need for the $40 refundable reservation fee
The only up side to reservations is that you see your number in line. But I wasn't bothered by not knowing this with ship to home because I knew once my device was added to my rogers profile, shipping would be that day or day after.
re: the reps.....if you're making less than $20 an hour most people have very little reason to care....
I find the retention reps and the rogers employees on these forums to be much more capable than most front line phone and live chat reps (i'd be a tenner that they make considerably more than the front line reps). Although I have dealt with some good and knowledgeable front line reps in the past, many are out to lunch.
yup...I think every company has people that don't care. I know at my company there are people that you can tell the same thing to, over and over, and it pretty much goes in one ear and out the other. It's a lost cause.
in a call centre environment where people are paid min wage or just over that, the proportion of people with a don't care attitude will most likely be higher...because it's not a coveted job to have. But like I said there are some good ones that take pride in their job and really do try to give good customer service. Those are the ones that move up the ranks....
I'm a business customer and just reserved my X 256GB upgrade in Space Gray. A few questions:
1) My device price is $999 while I was expecting $799. Why is this?
2) This is my first time with an upgrade. Does this mean I get locked into another 2-year contract with my current plan? I have a grandfathered 9GB plan for $100. Or do I have to choose another plan to get locked into a contract to?
3) I'm on queue #1428. Any rough timelines on when this is? If this translates to roughly 5 months I'm just going to buy the device at cost from Apple (I already have a reservation for the first week of Dec 2017).
Appreciate the insights. Thank you.