Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nasa25
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

@elmerjrg

I added AC over live chat. I had to get transferred to retentions due to an error the front line rep was having while trying to add it, but it eventually got done.

elmerjrg
I Plan to Stick Around

I was able to add AC+ over live chat as well. First time adding extended warranty. Phones are getting ridiculously expensive so I'm into a 2 year lifecycle now so I thought might as well add AC+. Monthly payment and cheaper with Rogers is a no brainer. 

Arjun873
I Plan to Stick Around

My corporate iPhone X is currently In Progress (Activation)

When can I expect to receive the phone?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Arjun873

Weekends the warehouse is closed so they won't ship anything out.

Most likely it will be shipped sometike this week coming.
Rainforest99
I Plan to Stick Around

@Arjun873

I’m #2 in corporate and no change in my status. How come you are in activation now?

arhamnaqi
I Plan to Stick Around

This forum has been of great assistance to anyone ordering the iPhone X through Rogers. Shout out to Meowmix for all his dedication and hard work.

Luckily, I was able to reserve two iPhone X's for my wife and I to pick up on launch (#10 64GB Silver and #24 64GB Grey).

I opened the devices when I got home and everything seemed perfect. However, I've come across an issue with it's bluetooth connectivity (done all troubleshooting to confirm it's a defect and not related to a specific headset or accessory) and I've contacted Apple chat about the issue. They've recommended that I go to the Rogers store I purchased from and they will be able to replace/refund the device as it is a defect and I'm within the 15 days. My concern is that Rogers obviously won't have stock to replace the device for at least a few weeks.

I'm wondering if anyone has had any similar issues in regards to receiving a defective device and how have you gone about to fix the issue?

Second question in regards to Apple Care. I've got device protection with the plan as it also covers theft / stolen devices. Am I still able to add Apple Care through Rogers? I know I can through Apple directly for 60 days. 

dg123
I'm Here A Lot

I did the upgrade in store on Friday and added AC at the time. I still haven’t gotten any certificate from apple and AC doesn’t show on my device when I check on Apples’ site. How long does it typically take?
Arjun873
I Plan to Stick Around

@Rainforest99

I honestly don't know. My corporate site didn't even let me check my place in line for the phone. I just emailed the guy who deals with the corporate stuff in my office and he told me it's currently at Rogers being activated.
dfm83
I'm Here A Lot

Does anyone have a rough idea of how fast my status would update when Rogers receives a hypothetical new shipment?
I’m at “open” status for a 64gb silver at number 11 so I’m assuming I’ll be getting mine this week or next, just wondering how often I should be looking at my status, or if there’s a “will be updated at ___am each day”
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @dfm83

Its not how fast. Again.. Depends on when Rogers gets shipments from Apple. That can happen any time this week. Once they receive the shipments, they will start putting aside for the reservations and then start processing them.