cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hey everyone!!Smiley Happy

I am posting this now as tomorrow i will be unable to come online due to some family appointments i have Smiley Sad

Once again its the time of the year that Apple will be announcing their new iPhone line up. I am happy to announce that iPhone 8 / 8 Plus and iPhone X will be announced tomorrow! As for the specs, They are rumored to be the iPhone X will have a OLED wrap around display near bazel-less and have 3GB of RAM and wireless charging as per the rumors. The iPhone 8 / 8+ will have similar body and display as the iPhone 7 and newer technology such as new camera / Face unlocking and more! Will update this tomorrow when i can! The names to be rumored as per what the IOS11 beta has shown and also some of the features! Again i will try and update the thread tomorrow when i can! 

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Apple iPhone 8 / 8+ and iPhone X to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want, iPhone 8 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do remember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confuses about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

5). They also started last year a pre ordering system done online being charged on your CC ( Credit card) imminently and having the device shipped to your home instead. Last year with the iPhone 7 / 7 Plus the ones that picked this way got it the day of launch or day after launch but only a few did. Not everyone.  This way is a good way but sadly u do not see any status updates like u do with the reservation system and only get a confirmation email and a shipment email. ( some did not get any email until the unit got shipped with QMS or UPS). Please do remember. Using the SHIP TO HOME option does NOT give u any insight of updates or status. You will only get notified when it ships out. 

Let's make this thread the only thread for the iPhone 8 / 8+ iPhone X  please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help!Smiley HappyCat Happy

2,945 REPLIES 2,945

Re: Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

GibMcFragger
I'm a Reliable Contributor
Thanks! I am already. I already tested the poop Animoji, lol

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @alim_m

Most if not all are cancellations. They haven't gotten any yet. Their warehouse is closed on Sundays and most of Saturday too.

QuietRain
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi friends,

I am in a predicament which should not be unprecedented - so far I have unable to get a solution from all sorts of customer support (personal friends at Rogers included).

Here's what I'm trying to do:

1. I pre-ordered ship to home option for my iPhone X. Got an email confirmation as expected. Pre-order said 2+ weeks to ship. 

2. Me, being impatient (we're all human), tried to find in-store stock to get lucky. 

3. Found one in stock. Promptly tried to cancel my pre-order ship to home. Can't find an option whatsoever on the website. Customer Service no help. Live Chat no help. Best Buy Mobile could not get any help from higher up.

Am I truly stuck waiting for approx. a month for my pre-order to ship when there's ridiculous availability to pick one up right now in the GTHA? Literally the box was right in front of me and because of this upgrade order pending the in-store representative could not help upgrade due to this unforeseen circumstance.

Thank you all.

QuietRain

elmerjrg
I Plan to Stick Around

Got my phone through Best Buy yesterday when I walked in and they had stock. Can the AppleCare through Rogers be added a day after? Just call them I guess or anyone able to do it over chat?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @QuiteRain

Unfortunately you are stuck since the upgrade is already happening. Ship to home is a upgrade automatically.

QuietRain
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks Meowmix. Any idea of time to ship if I pre-ordered Oct. 29th? 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @QuiteRain

Depeends on how many units Rogers gets from Apple. Could be weeks.

nasa25
I'm a Trusted Contributor
@elmerjrg

I added AC over live chat. I had to get transferred to retentions due to an error the front line rep was having while trying to add it, but it eventually got done.

elmerjrg
I Plan to Stick Around

I was able to add AC+ over live chat as well. First time adding extended warranty. Phones are getting ridiculously expensive so I'm into a 2 year lifecycle now so I thought might as well add AC+. Monthly payment and cheaper with Rogers is a no brainer. 

Arjun873
I Plan to Stick Around

My corporate iPhone X is currently In Progress (Activation)

When can I expect to receive the phone?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Arjun873

Weekends the warehouse is closed so they won't ship anything out.

Most likely it will be shipped sometike this week coming.

Rainforest99
I Plan to Stick Around

@Arjun873

I’m #2 in corporate and no change in my status. How come you are in activation now?

arhamnaqi
I Plan to Stick Around

This forum has been of great assistance to anyone ordering the iPhone X through Rogers. Shout out to Meowmix for all his dedication and hard work.

Luckily, I was able to reserve two iPhone X's for my wife and I to pick up on launch (#10 64GB Silver and #24 64GB Grey).

I opened the devices when I got home and everything seemed perfect. However, I've come across an issue with it's bluetooth connectivity (done all troubleshooting to confirm it's a defect and not related to a specific headset or accessory) and I've contacted Apple chat about the issue. They've recommended that I go to the Rogers store I purchased from and they will be able to replace/refund the device as it is a defect and I'm within the 15 days. My concern is that Rogers obviously won't have stock to replace the device for at least a few weeks.

I'm wondering if anyone has had any similar issues in regards to receiving a defective device and how have you gone about to fix the issue?

Second question in regards to Apple Care. I've got device protection with the plan as it also covers theft / stolen devices. Am I still able to add Apple Care through Rogers? I know I can through Apple directly for 60 days. 

dg123
I'm Here A Lot
I did the upgrade in store on Friday and added AC at the time. I still haven’t gotten any certificate from apple and AC doesn’t show on my device when I check on Apples’ site. How long does it typically take?

Arjun873
I Plan to Stick Around
@Rainforest99

I honestly don't know. My corporate site didn't even let me check my place in line for the phone. I just emailed the guy who deals with the corporate stuff in my office and he told me it's currently at Rogers being activated.

Does anyone have a rough idea of how fast my status would update when Rogers receives a hypothetical new shipment?
I’m at “open” status for a 64gb silver at number 11 so I’m assuming I’ll be getting mine this week or next, just wondering how often I should be looking at my status, or if there’s a “will be updated at ___am each day”

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @dfm83

Its not how fast. Again.. Depends on when Rogers gets shipments from Apple. That can happen any time this week. Once they receive the shipments, they will start putting aside for the reservations and then start processing them.

dfm83
I'm Here A Lot
I understand it fully depends on when they receive it. Sorry if I wasn’t clear. What I’m asking is if they have a shipment today, when would their website update my status?
Purely a hypothetical so I can maybe stop repeatedly checking their site haha

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @dfm83

As i said on my post above. Once they get shipments in, they will put them aside for the reservations and then start processing them. The site would update when they are processing them. This can take a few hours or a day.

Just be patient and go about your day and check out the site later on.

nasa25
I'm a Trusted Contributor

I'm interested in how the monthly AC+ works if you, for instance, sell your phone after a year and upgrade.

Would you just request that AC+ be removed from the old phone and added to the new one?

I think it becomes tricky because once you upgrade, your new phone becomes the device attached to your line.  So upon upgrade will the system automatically cancel apple care on your old device and re-start the period of 2 years on your new device?

So pretty much I'd just like to know if you need to request cancellation of AC on your old phone and addition of AC on your new phone....or does the system just automatically apply your monthly AC subscription to to current device attached to your line?  Or perhaps you can have multiple devices attached to the same line, each with their own AC??? Some clarification on this would be great.  

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @nasa25

Once upgrading to another iPhone, you would need to have then change over the IMEI number to that iPhone instead. Telus was telling me that the system will detect the new iPhone IMEI number and change it over.

You could cancel it and then redo it again.