cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hey everyone!!Smiley Happy

I am posting this now as tomorrow i will be unable to come online due to some family appointments i have Smiley Sad

Once again its the time of the year that Apple will be announcing their new iPhone line up. I am happy to announce that iPhone 8 / 8 Plus and iPhone X will be announced tomorrow! As for the specs, They are rumored to be the iPhone X will have a OLED wrap around display near bazel-less and have 3GB of RAM and wireless charging as per the rumors. The iPhone 8 / 8+ will have similar body and display as the iPhone 7 and newer technology such as new camera / Face unlocking and more! Will update this tomorrow when i can! The names to be rumored as per what the IOS11 beta has shown and also some of the features! Again i will try and update the thread tomorrow when i can! 

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Apple iPhone 8 / 8+ and iPhone X to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want, iPhone 8 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do remember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confuses about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

5). They also started last year a pre ordering system done online being charged on your CC ( Credit card) imminently and having the device shipped to your home instead. Last year with the iPhone 7 / 7 Plus the ones that picked this way got it the day of launch or day after launch but only a few did. Not everyone.  This way is a good way but sadly u do not see any status updates like u do with the reservation system and only get a confirmation email and a shipment email. ( some did not get any email until the unit got shipped with QMS or UPS). Please do remember. Using the SHIP TO HOME option does NOT give u any insight of updates or status. You will only get notified when it ships out. 

Let's make this thread the only thread for the iPhone 8 / 8+ iPhone X  please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help!Smiley HappyCat Happy

2,945 REPLIES 2,945

Re: Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Shrunk
I Plan to Stick Around
OK, and do you have a cases on your phone? Does that make a difference for charging speed?

Qdriver
I Plan to Stick Around

It seemed like it charged faster than the normal cables, but that could be me.

Qdriver
I Plan to Stick Around

No, don’t have any cases yet. I’m not sure how that would affect it.

iSayBoourns
I Plan to Stick Around
@Meowmix

So Rogers is only getting units once a week?

Seems like a slap in the face to have someone who orders 6 hours later through the same carrier get a device 1-2 weeks sooner.

GibMcFragger
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Countdown to epic rage rant in 3...2....1

So..I ported over to Rogers a week ago. When I did, I asked the Rogers rep whether it would be faster to port then, rather than wait for my iPhone X to arrive. This would make the launch day transaction faster, because I would just have to add the device to my account, pay the upfront cost, and done.

He said “sure, that makes sense”. So I ported in last week.

The Best Buy Rep tried to add my phone today, and it kept throwing an error, so he called Rogers.

Guess what? ROGERS DOESN’T ALLOW ADDING A DEVICE FOR 30 DAYS, IF YOU PORT IN ON A BYOD PLAN.

I said what??? 2hrs later fighting with Rogers and I walked out in a rage with no iPhone X.

Qdriver
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi @Meowmix

Yeah I did already have the BestBuy account, that was actually the main reason I chose It over directly from Rogers. They had a specific iPhoneX special though for using this 12 and 24 month thing that I didn’t know about until I got there, so I though it was a nice little bonus. It’ll ease the sudden burden slightly. 

Can’t Thank you enough again for your help and info as always. I’m enjoying the new toy thoroughly 🙂

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @iSayBoourns

Yes. Apple controls the stock and pricing of the iPhone. So whatever stock Rogers gets, is what it gets. Last year it took every 2 weeks or so from Apple to get stock. Rogers and others carriers were lucky to even have any.

nasa25
I'm a Trusted Contributor
@GibMcFragger

thats awful

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @GibMcFragger

Wow thats no good at all. The rep giving misinformation and honestly shouldn't be happening.

I would speak to the office of the President and see what they can do for you

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Qdriver

No need to thank me! Just doing it for u guys!:)

iSayBoourns
I Plan to Stick Around
@Meowmix

If stock is so limited on Rogers end, then how does it make sense that people who select send to home? So they essentially get to cut the line and get a device weeks sooner, all while placing that order many hours later than someone who places an order for pick up. Generally the people who order first are usually the people served first. Nothing at all with this seems right.

That’s on Rogers not fulfilling orders as they were ordered. Apple sending limited stock to Rogers is irrelevant for the scenario, when it’s Rogers handing them out.

GibMcFragger

They story doesn't end there. I was so mad, I said "screw it" and went to port right back out of Rogers and into Telus.

After one phone in each ear for another 30 mins, the Best Buy rep went into a rage. Koodo still hasn't released my number fully from when I ported to Rogers last week, so it can't be ported out of Rogers.

He called Koodo to have them close my account now (it closes on the 5th, my billing date). After another bloody 20 mins on hold with Koodo, they came back and told him that the accounts dept was closed and they couldn't do it.

He just about exploded. I feel bad for him. I was literally the last activation and his last customer of his last shift. He quit and this was his last day.

So yea. My brain is fried from 2hrs in Best Buy mobile, and I have no iPhone X.

The icing on the cake is that Rogers managed to change my account to a premium plus account WITH NO DEVICE.

Explain that one....

Shrunk
I Plan to Stick Around
Just wow. There is no explanation. I'd be furious.

GibMcFragger

I was, but I was being pleasant because it was in no way the Best Buy reps fault. He was as mad about the entire situation as I was.

I'm so mad at Rogers, and all they could do was shorten the month wait to a couple of weeks, and it would involve them changing my plan two times in the process.

Still not good enough. I guess they don't want me to sign for two years....

On Sunday when my Koodo account officially closes and they release the limbo on my number, I am gonna port back out of Rogers.

Best Buy still has my pre-order phone waiting for me, it doesn't matter what carrier I put it on.

Lumi
I've Been Around
Both Rogers authorized dealers in my city had zero stock for iPhone X. My preorder was position 501 and my apple preorder was scheduled for nov 28. I walk into Best Buy at lunch today and they have tons in stock so I end up just picking one up there. Not even a line!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Lumi

Best Buy is a close to Apple so they get more stock then others lol. Great that u got it!!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @GibMcFragger

Wow just wow. This is a joke. I would have sent a email to the Office of the President and speak to them on how this situation is being handled on both Koodo and Rogers side.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @iSayBoourns

Well it does state that ship to home orders are a priority. So i guess they put more devices on that end in the business side so they can get them out sooner.

Again reserving a device doesn't guarantee you will get it at launch or before anyone else. I posted this on page 1 post 1 as well. So all in all you will get yours in the second batch. There isn't much we can do here sadly just wait.

Ship to home orders got priority it seems over ship to store orders. So with that being said they most likely put more devices towards that.

toaste73
I Plan to Stick Around
Picked up my 256 silvers yesterday morning from Rogers!! We absolutely love these phones!! Good luck to all!

toaste73
I Plan to Stick Around
** haven’t missed a launch day yet!!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @toaste73

Yay!! Happy for you. Enjoy!:)