Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nasa25
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Does anyone recall having the option to add AppleCare on their ship to home preorder? From what I’m reading it’s only available when you initially order or pick up your phone in store. I was half asleep/rushing to get my preorder in last Friday so I don’t recall seeing the AppleCare option.
Shrunk
I Plan to Stick Around

I ordered ship to home, and I was able to get apple care. I got the shipping notification at 5pm (pacific) today for my 256 space grey. I had ordered it at noon (pacific) on pre order day.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nasa25

Honestly this seems weird Rogers would do this. Other carriers including Apple let you add AppleCare within 30 days since purchase. So why does Rogers not offer this. Weird.
Shrunk
I Plan to Stick Around

You know what else is weird? My two sons ordered theirs straight from apple. Their order was able to be placed 6 mins after release. Their's still have not shipped or even been charged to my credit card. Can't believe I'm getting my phone before them, and I ordered it 12 hrs after they did...

Shrunk
I Plan to Stick Around

I would imagine you can still get apple care from apple though. You just have to pay the full amount (which is a bit more) upfront.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Shrunk

Enjoy it! Don't let them touch it hahah.
iSayBoourns
I Plan to Stick Around

I’m honestly confused how Rogers queue system is working.

I order at 6:55am October 27th and am barely budging in the queue line, with no clue when it will arrive. Others order around noon October 27th and get their order updated to shipped status.

I know each model has their own queue line, but find it extremely hard to believe that every model but the one I ordered has been able to move very quickly through the queue, while 256 Silver has only 7 queue spots move for actual launch day.
ziglaub
I Plan to Stick Around

Got my device already and i just love it!

thanks @Meowmix for all your time and help!

see you all next year!

peace!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ziglaub

You are welcome!!:)
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @iSayBoourns

As you side each device has its different we including business / corporate / ship to store and ship to home. So most here picked shipped to home orders which aren't in ques or statues.

Please do remember that Rogers only got a few shipments for the iPhone X. So they went by order. I would wait and see what next week brings with the second batch.