cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hey everyone!!Smiley Happy

I am posting this now as tomorrow i will be unable to come online due to some family appointments i have Smiley Sad

Once again its the time of the year that Apple will be announcing their new iPhone line up. I am happy to announce that iPhone 8 / 8 Plus and iPhone X will be announced tomorrow! As for the specs, They are rumored to be the iPhone X will have a OLED wrap around display near bazel-less and have 3GB of RAM and wireless charging as per the rumors. The iPhone 8 / 8+ will have similar body and display as the iPhone 7 and newer technology such as new camera / Face unlocking and more! Will update this tomorrow when i can! The names to be rumored as per what the IOS11 beta has shown and also some of the features! Again i will try and update the thread tomorrow when i can! 

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Apple iPhone 8 / 8+ and iPhone X to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want, iPhone 8 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do remember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confuses about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

5). They also started last year a pre ordering system done online being charged on your CC ( Credit card) imminently and having the device shipped to your home instead. Last year with the iPhone 7 / 7 Plus the ones that picked this way got it the day of launch or day after launch but only a few did. Not everyone.  This way is a good way but sadly u do not see any status updates like u do with the reservation system and only get a confirmation email and a shipment email. ( some did not get any email until the unit got shipped with QMS or UPS). Please do remember. Using the SHIP TO HOME option does NOT give u any insight of updates or status. You will only get notified when it ships out. 

Let's make this thread the only thread for the iPhone 8 / 8+ iPhone X  please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help!Smiley HappyCat Happy

2,945 REPLIES 2,945

Re: Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @aojsn

As always thank you for that. However you are wrong as well since it doesn't state anywhere that it will be priority over ship to store orders. Only says it's a priority that's all. It could mean anything really. Rogers doesn't really actually explain everything properly.

Anyways in the end I hope everyone gets it at launch but bare in mind not everyone will.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @digitalpirate

Then they should be removing the same exact sentence from the ship to store orders too.

Again in the end I hope everyone gets it.

aojsn
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix i understand that policy might not actually be practiced, but the faq is clearly comparing ship to home orders vs ship to store orders all throughout the page and clearly states that ship to home orders are given priority at least twice

thank you again for the help you're giving in this thread, but please don't be so rude to people posting when they interpret things at face value

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @aojsn

If you think I was rude then I apologize but I wasn't.

Anyways enjoy your device on launch day! 🙂

smrtnz0012
I Plan to Stick Around
@Sapphire27ca

I ordered the grey 256

Same here. Ordered around 7:00 AM with the pay now and ship to home option. Received one " Do not reply" email saying that my order has been received. It didn't mention delivery dates or anything.  I have heard nothing else since then. Nothing even shows up on my account ? Talk about being left in the dark.

starter
I've Been Here Awhile

Hey everyone

FYI - not all stores are calling people who pre-ordered even if they have your device and it will be ready on Friday.

I got my 'Shipped' email/text last night but no phone call today. I decided to drop by the pick up store and they said they could not call anybody to let them know that the device is ready (even though they had my device already) until the store opens on Friday. So it looks like only some of the Rogers stores are making these calls. Rest assured - if your status is SHIPPED it is very likely the store will have it for you Friday morning whether they call you or not. 

aojsn
I Plan to Stick Around

@truhunk hopefully the ship-to-home orders will start to see some movement tonight or tomorrow as launch day gets closer! you will be getting a second email once your order ships but nothing before then (unfortunately) so watch your inbox over the next day or so and cross your fingers

ragu13
I Plan to Stick Around

@aojsn

Based on the reservation system FAQs, it says that compared to picking it up in store, it would be faster to have it shipped home because you don't have to wait to pick it up in store. You've already paid and don't have to wait for the store to call, and then pick it up...no papers to sign, no driving, just have it shipped...so yes, it's "faster"

"Will I get my device faster by picking up at store or shipping to home?

You will receive your device faster by paying today and having your device shipped to your home than by waiting to pick up and pay at a store. It’s also more convenient!"

This could be explained more clearly because it is a slightly ambiguous statement and can be misconstrued to believe that shipping home you will receive the phone before store pickup

I also asked about the "priority ship to home over the ship to store debate" last year for the 7/7+ launch. The agent I spoke to said that the systems are different and the 'priority' reference is because you aren't given  a number when it's reserved as opposed to knowing where you stand in the ship to store option. So the 'priority' reference means you will be prioritized accordingly against others that reserved at home, not home vs store.

Home shipment means you have already picked a plan and paid for the device ahead of time, ship to store requires you to travel and sign papers there...so yes, the home option is 'faster' and the priority is set after everyone has either paid for their device up front (home) or reserved for in store pickup

Hope this helps and good fortune to all this coming Friday 🙂

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @truhunk

Yeah unfortunately that's how they do it at Rogers with this solution.

You will get second email which states your account changes then a shipment email as well.

Tomorrow you should see the updates coming in.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @ragu13

Thank you for that .unfortunately I am not at home or else I would have copied and paste all that but after how I was responded back I let someone else explain it.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @starter

That is correct. I warned others about this too and let them know to call in even if they got a tracking number or not.

Some stores are either busy or don't call until later on.

Always good to call if u haven't received anything

ragu13
I Plan to Stick Around

@truhunk

Be safe in knowing I have reserved directly though Apple and have not received any shipment status email yet either. I have called my bank and Apple and have been guaranteed 100% that both of my devices will arrive on Friday the 3rd

Apple is very particular about how communication is sent, I'll be willing to bet that a lot of the ship to home Friday deliveries are waiting at a warehouse but have not been assigned serial numbers or shipping queues based on Apple telling them not to send communications before until the item ships...for Friday arrival, nothing will ship until Thursday at the earliest.

Patience...a lot of us have been through these same trials and it mostly works out in the in.

Unless your name is @Th1ef of course hahahahahaha. Luck changing this year my friend?

ragu13
I Plan to Stick Around

No need for thanks...I feel like we go way back lol

@aojsn is correct however in the way it is being interpreted because of the poorly communicated FAQ.

It's quite possible in my weakened and vulnerable iphoneless state any of us could have read it the same way. I didn't have to learn the hard way fortunately, I had a Rogers rep explain it to me which made my decision for me...I need a designated number to know where I stand, I couldn't deal with darkness with my iPhone!! lol

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @ragu13

We all make mistakes and take every single sentence or wording the wrong way. After all we are all humans!:).

Hope eveyone gets theirs Friday!

arewhyehen
I Plan to Stick Around

Just got off the phone to change my plan to a premium tab+ plan. I stuck with just 2gb because I have wifi everywhere. Plan was regular $110 and they gave it to me for $85 a month. That is the lowest they could go. It's typically $55 a month for that plan but the extra $30 is to pay off the phone. They also gave me $150 credit on my next bill to help pay for the phone. I didn't even ask for that. I was just hoping for some extra data for a few months...sweet!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @arewhyehen

Sweet deal!!:)

truhunk
I'm Here A Lot

I just thought maybe I got lost somewhere. I'll be a bit more patient. Thanks.

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @truhunk

Yeah unfortunately that's how they do it at Rogers with this solution.

You will get second email which states your account changes then a shipment email as well.

Tomorrow you should see the updates coming in.

Sounds good. I thought maybe I got lost in the mix. Thanks.

arewhyehen
I Plan to Stick Around
Thank you 🙂

@ragu13 wrote:

@truhunk

Be safe in knowing I have reserved directly though Apple and have not received any shipment status email yet either. I have called my bank and Apple and have been guaranteed 100% that both of my devices will arrive on Friday the 3rd

Apple is very particular about how communication is sent, I'll be willing to bet that a lot of the ship to home Friday deliveries are waiting at a warehouse but have not been assigned serial numbers or shipping queues based on Apple telling them not to send communications before until the item ships...for Friday arrival, nothing will ship until Thursday at the earliest.

Patience...a lot of us have been through these same trials and it mostly works out in the in.

Unless your name is @Th1ef of course hahahahahaha. Luck changing this year my friend?

OK. I'll hang in there. I ordered from Rogers. I was just a bit worried because I haven't seen any response. I thought they lost me. Thanks.