cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hey everyone!!Smiley Happy

I am posting this now as tomorrow i will be unable to come online due to some family appointments i have Smiley Sad

Once again its the time of the year that Apple will be announcing their new iPhone line up. I am happy to announce that iPhone 8 / 8 Plus and iPhone X will be announced tomorrow! As for the specs, They are rumored to be the iPhone X will have a OLED wrap around display near bazel-less and have 3GB of RAM and wireless charging as per the rumors. The iPhone 8 / 8+ will have similar body and display as the iPhone 7 and newer technology such as new camera / Face unlocking and more! Will update this tomorrow when i can! The names to be rumored as per what the IOS11 beta has shown and also some of the features! Again i will try and update the thread tomorrow when i can! 

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Apple iPhone 8 / 8+ and iPhone X to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want, iPhone 8 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do remember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confuses about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

5). They also started last year a pre ordering system done online being charged on your CC ( Credit card) imminently and having the device shipped to your home instead. Last year with the iPhone 7 / 7 Plus the ones that picked this way got it the day of launch or day after launch but only a few did. Not everyone.  This way is a good way but sadly u do not see any status updates like u do with the reservation system and only get a confirmation email and a shipment email. ( some did not get any email until the unit got shipped with QMS or UPS). Please do remember. Using the SHIP TO HOME option does NOT give u any insight of updates or status. You will only get notified when it ships out. 

Let's make this thread the only thread for the iPhone 8 / 8+ iPhone X  please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help!Smiley HappyCat Happy

2,945 REPLIES 2,945

Re: Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @enigma4321

That is correct. However if again there is any damages on the phone which seems physical damage and u try to return it, they can refuse to do a return as well. They mark off that u refused to have them check it to make sure and when a customer comes back to claim they found it damaged, they can turn u away and that's that. Sadly that's how it works.

nasa25
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@Meowmix yup it's a joke

It's one thing to have a know it all mentality but then to do physical damage to an $1100 phone and not take any responsibility for it (which i was almost sure would happen) is something quite different

When this issue happened we went in and first spoke to a couple females that were working.  They brought the guy out of the back (i think he was the store manager) and we explained the situation to him.  While he was denying fault the females were looking with utter disdain at my gf (almost like they thought she did the damage).  I'll tell you...if I wasn't there to calm the situation my gf would have LOST IT on them.  I saw her anger starting to build up so I quickly diffused the situation by stating that we would just go to apple and see what they could do.  

The reason I didn't lose it on them is because I knew 100% that they would deny any fault and I told my gf this before we even got into the store.

Sorry for ranting but even though apple made it right, my gf now has a phone with a serial number that's different from the box we have.  So if we ever want to sell the phone down the line, we have to explain why the serial numbers don't match.  That and the fact that we had to go out of our way to fix a problem that we didn't even cause.  I might still be a bit salty about the situation lol

So moral of the story boys and girls....insist that you leave with your phone BNIB and set it up once you get home (but to be safe I'd check the contents before leaving the store to ensure that everything is in the box).

enigma4321
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix  Yup that makes sense for sure

nasa25

@Meowmix

couldn't one open the box prior to leaving the store (without having the rogers employee physically handle the phone) just to ensure the contents are correct and the phone is undamaged? 

enigma4321
I Plan to Stick Around

@nasa25   You also have the free replacement that apple does on all warranties,  gone for this minor issue.. sucks if you have another issue and apple wont replace it since its a replaced model.. I could be wrong though 😛

Wonder if ordering a replacement sim tray for 5-10$ on ebay would have been a better option..

Jrsmithz
I Plan to Stick Around

Just recalled my experience on launch day of the IPhone 6, I guess I was the only one who got it at that store, and all the employee's passing it around like it was show and tell, before it even touched my hands.

This time around, I'm going to ask for a visual inspection to make sure it's not cracked or anything, and tell them to activate the sim, and i'll do the inserting of sim and rest of stuff at home. 

Just going to be completely honest with my past bad experience. 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @nasa25

If you open it in the store in front of them then yes then they will see it and can't deny a replacement.

However you also have Apple to replace it for u too if anything happens.

nasa25

@enigma4321

wow that's true.  I never thought of that.  Apple gave us two choices.  Replace the sim tray or replace the entire phone.  Since the phone had only been out for a day they didn't have spare sim trays.  We would have had to wait a month for them to get the sim tray in stock and to be honest I just wanted a brand new phone due to possible damage to the casing that could have been caused by the rogers rep torquing the tray

I really hope my gf doesn't need another replacement on her 8 because it'd be a shame to squander that free replacement on day one.  If that happened I guess I'd have to try and negotiate with apple given that the first replacement was logged (by Apple) as 'physical damage done to phone by rogers rep'.  That's probably an extremely rare situation.  

nasa25

@Jrsmithz

just request the phone be sealed when they hand it to you, take a seat in the rogers store, open the box and physically inspect the phone yourself.

nasa25

@Meowmix

yes that's true that there's always the apple warranty in case of defects.  If the phone is damaged or defective out of the box I'd be a lot more understanding than if it's physically damaged by a rogers rep.  

Jrsmithz
I Plan to Stick Around
Yeah, that's the plan. Thankfully you guys jogged my memory on how bad of a situation that was. Not going to happen this time around.

nasa25

@Jrsmithz

good I'm glad you have that plan in place

If more people start requesting sealed phones then it will minimize/negate the chances of damage being done by careless rogers reps.  Then maybe they will get the hint to start treating peoples property with respect and care. 

These are $1000 plus phones we are talking about, not some fisher price kids toy to be chucked about and manhandled.  

JonathanCo
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi @gcooldude,

I'm in the same situation as you, but I would be more careful before refunding my iPhone X. Also, I recommend you to double check with the store manager before doing anything.

Last week, I went to Apple Store Ste-Catherine twice and I had 2 different answers. At my first visit Friday, the employee said that it would be possible to refund the iPhone X and resell it with a contract (as you explained).

But, this Saturday, another employee said to me it would not be possible to change the purchase for a contract. To be sure, he asked his manager and confirmed with another colleague before telling me. The problem is that we bought from the App Store and not from the Apple Store Ste-Catherine, even if we chose to pick up in Store. So, if an employee refund you the iPhone X, the serial number of that iPhone will automatically be transferred from the App Store inventory to the Apple Store inventory where you did the refunding. But, the employee will not be able to rescan & select your current iPhone X and sell it to you with a contract, because the serial number of the iPhone will be automatically reserved to the Reserve & pick up service of the Apple Store.

The solution for us will be to buy the iPhone X full price this Friday (but you should still try to change it for a contract) or wait until November 4th to reserve a new iPhone X with the Reserve & pick up service. Also, in case you already reserved another iPhone X with the Rogers reservation, you can still buy the iPhone X full price this Friday and see if you will get or won’t the iPhone X with Rogers later. If everything going well with Rogers, you could simply return your first iPhone X to the Apple Store within 15 days (I think) for a complete refund.

nb: Sorry about my English, I’m not full bilingual =P

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @JonathanCo

Weird because one rep said that to me at the Apple store Eatons center location. Then when I called back and spoke to the store manager he said that they can refund it, wait a couple minutes and then redo it. Automatically it should show up as under New stock and it will allow them to do it.

Funny how everyone is getting different answers to the same question.

spikelev
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm 77th in line out of corporate/business orders for iPhone X 64G space grey, any Idea what that means in regards to when it might possibly arrive? 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @spikekev

No one can give u a defenite answer but I would say either the day of launch or the following week.

enigma4321
I Plan to Stick Around

@nasa2 

I bet you apple would look after you if you explained the whole story. ive gotten a second free replacement in the past if its for the right reason, plus ive even had a iPhone replaced for a new (reconditioned of course) iPhone past warranty! Apple is leagues ahead of the rest when it comes to customer service..

nasa25

@enigma4321

thanks for the tip. I actually have a warranty claim on my 7 i'd like to make but its 5 weeks out of warranty lol

I'll have to suck it up and pay the out of warranty fee.  

enigma4321
I Plan to Stick Around

@nasa25

I feel like sometimes the service one gets (this isn't the case just for apple) all depends on the person you are talking to. some are willing to go the extra mile

enigma4321
I Plan to Stick Around

@nasa25

Plus it can come down to kindness too (as in how nice you are when talking about a problem).. 

not enough kindness in this world 🙂

nasa25

@enigma4321

agreed.  If you're polite and respectful that can go a long way to getting extraordinary service