cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hey everyone!!Smiley Happy

I am posting this now as tomorrow i will be unable to come online due to some family appointments i have Smiley Sad

Once again its the time of the year that Apple will be announcing their new iPhone line up. I am happy to announce that iPhone 8 / 8 Plus and iPhone X will be announced tomorrow! As for the specs, They are rumored to be the iPhone X will have a OLED wrap around display near bazel-less and have 3GB of RAM and wireless charging as per the rumors. The iPhone 8 / 8+ will have similar body and display as the iPhone 7 and newer technology such as new camera / Face unlocking and more! Will update this tomorrow when i can! The names to be rumored as per what the IOS11 beta has shown and also some of the features! Again i will try and update the thread tomorrow when i can! 

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Apple iPhone 8 / 8+ and iPhone X to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want, iPhone 8 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do remember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confuses about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

5). They also started last year a pre ordering system done online being charged on your CC ( Credit card) imminently and having the device shipped to your home instead. Last year with the iPhone 7 / 7 Plus the ones that picked this way got it the day of launch or day after launch but only a few did. Not everyone.  This way is a good way but sadly u do not see any status updates like u do with the reservation system and only get a confirmation email and a shipment email. ( some did not get any email until the unit got shipped with QMS or UPS). Please do remember. Using the SHIP TO HOME option does NOT give u any insight of updates or status. You will only get notified when it ships out. 

Let's make this thread the only thread for the iPhone 8 / 8+ iPhone X  please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help!Smiley HappyCat Happy

2,945 REPLIES 2,945

Re: Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @irvluftig

If you aren't a business or corporate customer, then you can go into any apple store or Rogers store and see if they have one and pick it up from them.

If you are a business / corporate customer then there is a few authorized dealers which may have some devices in stock and can do it for ur account. U need to call them before hand

how do I check my status, when I go to manage my existing reservation it tries to make me create a new reservation.

edit: nvm just read this;

5). They also started last year a pre ordering system done online being charged on your CC ( Credit card) imminently and having the device shipped to your home instead. Last year with the iPhone 7 / 7 Plus the ones that picked this way got it the day of launch or day after launch but only a few did. Not everyone.  This way is a good way but sadly u do not see any status updates like u do with the reservation system and only get a confirmation email and a shipment email. ( some did not get any email until the unit got shipped with QMS or UPS). Please do remember. Using the SHIP TO HOME option does NOT give u any insight of updates or status. You will only get notified when it ships out. 

BS

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@murderous

Yes as i posted that on page 1,post 1. Unfortunately that's how that system works.

nasa25
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@Meowmix

the apple store does have replacement 8's.  My gf got one on the weekend because she needed to swap out the iphone 8 that we picked up on Friday.

She kept the original box and accessories from the rogers iphone and apple just took her phone and gave her a replacement.  It came in a small box (not a large retail box with accessories, etc).  So they do have warranty replacement 8's available...

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @nasa25

All Apple replacements are brand new ( even though they are in a white little box). That's what I was saying. Apple NEVER gives its customers reused or refurbished models. I noticed that with my 7 Plus and my girlfriend's 7 as well. The white little box is replacement devices but new ones not returned or refurbished.

nasa25
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Ah I see what you mean

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @nasa25

Yeah. Other manufacturers will give out reused or refurbished models which work but taken apart to put new battery / screen and sensors. Apple just has little white boxes of brand new iPhones and call them replacements.

They did this also with my Beats Studio Matte Black edition. They would send me new ones using a box and the headphones would be in a little clear bag. Also with my charge as well.

Spoke to Apple about this and they said they rather give new ones our ( in a while little box) rather then used or refurbished models as they strive to give excellent quality and experience customer service.

ziglaub
I Plan to Stick Around

is the wireless charger available to buy already?

and how much will it cost?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @ziglaub

The official one from Apple? No it's not. You can get a third party one at the moment. I believe it will cost $90-$120 per unit CAD.

Those depend on price as well. Check online and see.

ziglaub
I Plan to Stick Around

theres nothing cheaper than that?

and will it be useful for other smartphones?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @ziglaub

Apple's AirPower won't be available until later this year / next year. Pricing isn't out yet. There are a few. Searching Google would show you..

Belkin Boost Up Wireless Charging Pad
$69.94 FROM Apple Canada

https://www.apple.com/ca/shop/product/HL802ZM/A/belkin-boost-up-wireless-charging-pad

mophie wireless charging base
$69.95

https://www.apple.com/ca/shop/product/HL812ZM/A/mophie-wireless-charging-base

ziglaub
I Plan to Stick Around

are they all charging at the same speed though?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @ziglaub

They are made for the iPhone 8 / 8 Plus and X. So yes they do.

*Fast wireless charging is enabled with a free software update coming later this year.* This is for the Belkin and morphie ones which also requires you to have the fast charging adapter to do so.

So fast charging do remember you need the adapter for fast charging. It does or come included with the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus or X.

ziglaub
I Plan to Stick Around

you think there going to be cheaper ones later on eventually and if so, will they charge at the same speed as the original one and how cheaper you think they can go down as?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @ziglaub

All wireless chargers charge any capable wireless charging phone on a slower speeds then charging it via a cable. This is a known fact. It's due to the phone receiving the charge wirelessly. Charging a phone with a cable is a bit faster as well.

Other charges could charge the device wirelessly a bit faster but that's a question to ask or to search on Google when they come out. Until then u can search Google and find the wireless chargers on Apple's site or another site.

All wireless charges again will charge the device a bit slower but if u want fast charging, wait until the software update comes and get the fast charging adapter from Apple or even use the Samsung one.

ziglaub
I Plan to Stick Around
so with the adapter it will charge faster than with the wire?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @ziglaub

Using a fast charging adapter on a wireless pad will fast charge your phone HOWEVER using a fast charging adapter with a cable into the phone will charge it even faster.

Again charging a device wirelessly will be slow due to it receiving the charge wirelessly no matter what adapter u use.

So yes it will charge the phone faster but not as faster as using it with the charging cable plugged into the phone instead.

I use my Samsung Fast charging pad to charge my S8+ sometimes and it's about 20 minutes or so more then charging it with a cable. So I use the cable if I am in a hurry.

ziglaub
I Plan to Stick Around

ok cool thanks for all the answers 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @ziglaub

Read below.

" How much electromagnetic radiation is emitted by the Qi Wireless Charging System?

Insignificantly little.

The principle of Qi has been used in electronic toothbrushes for years without any known physical effects on human health. Due to the low range of the Qi wireless charging technology, the electromagnetic radiation is severely limited.

Electromagnetic radiation exists only in the immediate area of the Qi wireless charging station and only when a device is placed there. The release of electromagnetic rays is further reduced by additional shielding in the sending and receiving coils of the Qi standard."

ziglaub
I Plan to Stick Around
ok thanks Meowmix youre great and youre doing a great job, keep it up my friend!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @ziglaub

You are welcome! Hehe thanks 🙂