Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Hello @markiskander

Thanks for that! Hmm seems like they have moved things around without any warning or anything. They should Have kept it simple for us not changing everything around.

I'll make sure next year I'll update the information as well and any on going reservation threads I will be making!
markiskander
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey no problem at all, I was just wondering if maybe my browser wasn't displaying it properly or something.

Their system seems currently broken though for displaying existing pre-orders. Just to avoid panic going forward, I think that link seems to be fool-proof at this point and works 100% of the time.

MI
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @markiskander

Their system for so many years has been having issues. I wonder if they will make the system work better going forward. I hope.
902Randall
I've Been Here Awhile

They did the exact same thing to me. They even made me change the plan of my "Main Line" to a premium plus plan even though the phone was on a secondary line so now
I'm paying $15 more a month on my main line and 25 more a month on the line the Iphone 8plus was ordered for.. Its robbery! I wish we were in the states with their 50.00/mth unlimited plans. I also had the same issues ordering the phone it took 7.5 hours of being bounced around from department to department. worst customer service experience of my life. 😞

902Randall
I've Been Here Awhile

I had to order my iPhone 8 plus 256gb to the store instead of pre ordering it to my house. I got a confirmation email saying that my order has been confirmed. I'm wondering if there is any way to see if I will actually get my phone on release day? 

902Randall
I've Been Here Awhile

how can you see what number you're at?
Dsburfitt
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey Meow,

Good to see you're at this again! just passing by to see how the numbers are for the iphone 8, looks like the big hold out is for the X....Brace yourselves...October is coming hahaha.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @902Randall

Did you do a ship to home order? It so then you won't see a number or a que as explained on my first post.

If you did a reservation to have the device shipped to a store, follow this link, log in and it will show u.

https://www.rogers.com/web/link/DeviceReservation?forwardTo=nrsRegisteredCustomer
babysumo
I've Been Here Awhile

For future reference, do people tend to have a better experience with the Ship to Home vs Ship to Store?  I know not being able to see the status on the Ship to Home is not a great experience but is there any significant difference on when you can actually get your hands on the new device?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @babysumo

The only difference is that ship to home is that you don't need to go to the store, sign the contract and wait for the systems to load. During the iPhone launch and some Samsung launches, the systems shut down and have issues for a day or two. So you will have to wait a couple of hours or a day to get the phone.

Ship to home the phone is already activated and u don't need to sign anything or pay upfront unless u do a new line. So it's best to do the ship to home. Easier for u too.