My experience today:
- was lucky enough to score a reservation with Apple Store. I knew that my chances of walking out the store with the device (hardware upgrade for corporate account) is low but was excited for the possibility!
- talked with Rogers business specialist about the possibility of buying the phone outright from Apple Store as @omro has mentioned above and ask for credits back on my account. wasted my 1.5 hrs of lunch at work talking to this agent. It was a simple question of yes/no whether the credit could be applied, but the agent took 20 mins to verify my account, keep on suggesting to wait with the Rogers reservation, but at last, the agent told me that as long as the device is still carrier locked from the Apple store, Rogers would credit me the difference in device cost should I have to purchase the device on full price.
- went to the Apple store after work. all was well - they could access my corporate (small business) account, had to cancel my reservation to do the upgrade (which i didn't mind - if I cannot get the phone within this week, it doesn't matter whether I start from the back of the line over again or not) and all was smooth sailing... until Rogers asked me to change my corporate plan to a more expensive one. My guy at Apple store was an angel- he stayed after 9pm talking to this useless (as usual) Rogers agent. ultimately, i have to talk to the business specialists again tomorrow morning because they close at 8pm. Apparently my plan did not have a fixed term on it... weird because the agents I've talked to previously told me that my plan was eligible for upgrade without changing the plan. but whatever. At least my device is still being held at the store until end of tomorrow, so when I go in tomorrow, hopefully all goes well... fingers crossed!
This waiting game and different information provided by every single Rogers agent is rather embarassing ,especially when they are dealing with business clients. who would want to renew their contract with them, when it becomes this unreliable?
I am #44. For the Iphone 6s 128GB Gold i hope I receive soon?
Sorry to read your nightmare. Mine was similar last year, though I was able to walk away with the phone. The Rogers business specialists are so hit and miss and I make sure that they put copious notes on my account whenever I speak to them and ask them to read back what they have written. Without the notes, the next person seems to be utterly unable to be of use.
For anyone waiting on an iPhone 6s Plus silver 128gb phone, you will move up in position now as I have cancelled my reservation. I was spot #1 since reservations could be made. I had enough of waiting, called Rogers multiple times and got different answers every time . Rogers told me to cancel my reservation and make a new one and be placed at the end of the list. I was also offered the iPhone 6s Plus Gold 128gb phone and a $50 discount if I bought it right when I was on the phone with Rogers because that is what they had in stock. I don't want the gold iPhone. So today I made an Apple Store appointment, as well as calling Rogers one last time. I got put on hold, passed off to 4 different corporate reps and in the end the one rep that actually knew something said that I had a corporate code on my account but some rep had removed it. This makes my plan and account like a regular consumer account. So I went in to the Apple Store for my appointment, and walked out with my iPhone 6s Plus silver 128gb iPhone. No problems in the Apple Store. I didn't get passed on to multiple different employees at the Apple Store like Rogers did to me on the phone. Upgrade went smooth and I didn't have to pay anything in store as it will be in my next bill.
I I would suggest checking the Apple Store app for your phone and making an appointment at the Apple Store to get it. Or even try Best Buy. Otherwise you will be waiting a few weeks to maybe a month from Rogers and treated poorly. All the Apple Store employees greater me with a smile and were happy to chat. I did walk in to a few Rogers stores to see if they had stock and they weren't too friendly. They just laughed and said "No". Only one Rogers employee was nice and offered suggestions such as calling customer help and seeing if they could do anything. Way more pleasant dealing with Apple than Rogers.
have a nice day everyone, and hopefully you get your phones to enjoy them.
- talked to rogers business specialist for another 1.5 hours on the phone. the agent i got to speak to was thorough, but now she told me that i need to change my corporate plan to this share everything plan for business. fortunately, i had interaction numbers of previous agents who have confirmed me again and again that my plan would remain the same even with a hardware upgrade - so i asked to speak to a supervisor. Although the hold time was a bit long, i was lucky to speak to him and explained the whole chaos that has happened to me with Rogers for the past 2 weeks. not just with the iphone reservation, but the thing with porting my number from bell (nearly lost 2 mobile numbers on my account), reserving the wrong device, quoting wrong amounts for hardware upgrade...etc. He said he was sorry, and we talked about our options. it turns out to be that my plan IS indeed eligible for hardware upgrade without amendments to the current plan! seriously rogers, why do people give me different answers every time...
1. wait for a month and do the upgrade (NOT AN OPTION for me)
2. go to Apple store, try to do the upgrade, and if not, call the business specialist again
3. go to Apple store, activate the phone with a new number, and pay the store. after, he would personally change my new number with my current number, transfer my plans/etc and wipe out the new number from the account
after work, i went to the apple store, waited for an hour because i could not secure a time for my reservation for my device was held for me from yesterday, and finally my turn came. we tried #2, but of course it did not work and decided to go through with #3. of course, rogers website gave us errors after errors - so we did a manual activation over the phone with device support centre, and i was able to walk out of the store with the phone in my hand.
i e-mailed that manager as we discussed after i got home, so hopefully by tomorrow, i get to use my iPhone 6S plus rosegold!! wish me luck dear people, and thank you as you have been the most helpful ones around! i will update when i get to use my phone 🙂