Apple iPhone 6S & 6S Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danasensfan
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple iPhone 6S & 6S Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

So off topic but i got my iPhone 6s 64 gb last week, and it just died, wont go on, and the home button is extremely hot... next genius bar appointment is on wednesday... UGH, what a pain and all this $$$ and wait for this!!!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @danasensfan

Oh no! That is no good what so ever!. Hopefully they can replace it for u and on ur way u go!
d-m-z
I Plan to Stick Around

@danasensfan wrote:

So off topic but i got my iPhone 6s 64 gb last week, and it just died, wont go on, and the home button is extremely hot... 

Press and hold the home button + power button for at least 10 seconds.  Should turn back on.   Make sure iOS is updated (9.0.2 as I write this).  There are other reports of this issue.  Speculation is that it's software and/or corrupted iCloud backups and could be fixed with updates going forward.

It's suggested that you reset all settings:  Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings .  (That won't erase your apps or data, but will revert all settings to their default.  You will have to re-enter passwords, and re-configure any settings changes you have made that aren't default.)

AMB_TO
I Plan to Stick Around

So I decided to forgo the reservation system (hopefully) and managed to reserve the phone I want at the Eaton Centre Apple Store for today.  I have a corporate account that I qualify for an upgrade through.  Does anyone have first hand experience dealing with an upgrade on a corporate account through one of the Toronto area Apple Stores?  When I spoke with them on the phone they were vague on whether this might be possible or not.  MTIA

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @D-M-z

That will only help a bit but it won't stop it from happening again or the heating. That's a manufacturers defect which needs to be addressed by Apple and fixed. Not a quick fix per say. But that helps
danasensfan
I Plan to Stick Around

@d-m-z thank you for the pointers.. that acually worked and the phone seems fine. I havent done the latest update so that may be related. i will do that today.

@Meowmix you also could be right... i will call apple to report it and see if it could be a defect or if this is common. if i google it, it seems to be happening a lot with the new 6s!!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @danasensfan

Thankfully they are not affecting the 6S Plus models from what i have read. Hopefully they can figure this out & get a fix for this ASAP!
danasensfan
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix I hope so too!!!! I bought apple care so i am not too concerned... just a pain in the __ haha

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @danasensfan

That is good! Yeah i got AppleCare+ as well just incase anything does happen
d-m-z
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:

That will only help a bit but it won't stop it from happening again or the heating. That's a manufacturers defect which needs to be addressed by Apple and fixed. Not a quick fix per say. But that helps

The cause hasn't been conclusively determined yet.  It's entirely possible it's a software issue.  (It's also possible that it's a hardware problem.)  The phone is basically crashing when it shuts off.  The heat could be explained by an erroneous process that is maxing out the CPU.  The fact that there have been reports of this happening on the iPhone 6 (last year's model) since updating to iOS 9 makes me doubt that it's entirely a hardware issue.

People have reported that resetting settings, or setting the phone up as new resolved the issue.  So yes, it could prevent it from happening again.

Yes, it needs to be addressed by Apple, but it's quite likely that the fix will be in the form of a software update.