Once again i am making the iPhone Questions / Reservation thread!!!!! Apple just announced the new iPhone which is called iPhone 6S & iPhone 6S Plus . The new iPhone's includes a 3DTouch, 13MP back new isight camera, rose gold color & much much more. . This thread is the offical thread for the iPhone 6S / 6S Plus for customers which have any questions or need answers! Rogers will put up the pre order list for customers that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .
- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.
2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.
3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mind you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level 1 on the account but some stores will decline it.
For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ
4) . For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.
Pre orders will come out Saturday Sept 12th & Launch date is Friday Sept 25th. I am sure Rogers will follow those orders. As for the device orders & which models Rogers will get. I am sure Rogers will get both models like they did last year.
Also the prices for both phones are different. So if you are going to get the iPhone 6S Plus, it will be much higher price then the iPhone 6S. Rogers will announce the phone prices within either today or sometime before Friday!!! The prices are the same as last year from what Apple said!.
Also remember please post anything related about iPhone 6S & 6S Plus in here please. I know this is a long thread to read, but read it before asking multiple questions in which have been already answered in this post ( if they have been answered on this post / thread). I will do my best like I have for the past 5 years of doing this to answer any questions you have about the reservations or device.
IOS 9 will be available Sept 16th on your current Apple device!
Here are both links from Apple for the iPhone 6S & iPhone 6S Plus. I know for sure i will be getting the iPhone 6S Plus!.
Wow i am so glad that I did my upgrade through Apple.
I used to be 60ish out of 90ish for 2 weeks for rosegold iPhone 6S+ 128G, but could not take it anymore and took the matter into my own hands.
For those who are waiting on the business account, this is what i did:
*** fyi, i have an account under small business, so may be different for enterprise/corporate accounts!
- reserve the desired device through best buy/apple/etc (i reserved mine at a local apple store)
- go into the store, and try to upgrade there (may or may not work because biz accounts are complicated for the retail stores to access)
- if the upgrade does not work, call and talk to rogers business specialist. ask them whether they'd be willing to port your original number to the new iPhone if you were to activate the new iPhone with a random new number (this would only work if you are allowed to add more numbers to your account)
- i activated the new iPhone with a random number under my account, so i could have the device. after the activation was complete, the agent ported my original number to the new iPhone/sim card and voila, i have the new phone!
hope this may be useful for some 🙂
This is getting ridiculous.... My reservation number has been fluctuating +/- 2 positions from 154 for the past 3 weeks. Now I can understand a bottleneck and slowdown in delivery but actually going up a number or two in line.... That's just messed up!
I just happened to check in this thread to see how things were going and was VERY surprised to still read of all of the horror stories with reservations. Sorry to hear everyone. That is frustrating.
Glad I cancelled my reso when I did (#8 for RG 128gb Plus) and just decided to keep my 6 128gb with apple care until the 7 comes out.
Still cannot justify the extra cost of 6s phone as well as increased apple care cost for not a huge difference other than speed, camera quality and 3-d touch compared to 6.
My wife upgraded from 5s, which was on its last legs due to poor battery and stuck power button, but I can wait until the 7 next fall.
Good luck everyone. Try not to stress.
Must have finally got a big shipment in - on Friday I was #65 on the list, on Saturday it was 12 and today my phone was shipped (64G 6s+ space grey)
Do you know how long does it approximatelly take for them to receive the device, after it's shipped?
I got email on Nov 12, that my device has been shipped ( to Rogers Authorized Dealer Wireless Communications Plus 525 University Toronto, ON M5G2L3). Do you have any idea when will they get the device?
Thanks in advance.
So, I ordered my 6S+ Gold 64GB on Oct 19th, was at position 255 at the time. Finally, 5 full weeks later, status has now changed to "In Progress" and the details claim that "the shipping process has begun". I'm having it shipped to a Rogers store in Burlington, ON.
Any idea how much longer it will be until I actually have the phone in my hand?
Also, can I purchase AppleCare through the Rogers store or do I need to buy it through Apple?