cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 6S & 6S Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Everyone!

Once again i am making the iPhone Questions / Reservation thread!!!!! Apple just announced the new iPhone which is called iPhone 6S & iPhone 6S Plus . The new iPhone's includes a 3DTouch, 13MP back new isight camera, rose gold color &  much much more. . This thread is the offical thread for the iPhone 6S / 6S Plus for customers which have any questions or need answers!  Rogers will put up the pre order list for customers that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.

- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.

- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your  reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.

- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mind you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level 1 on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) . For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues  / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Pre orders will come out Saturday Sept 12th & Launch date is Friday Sept 25th. I am sure Rogers will follow those orders. As for the device orders & which models Rogers will get. I am sure Rogers will get both models like they did last year.

Also the prices for both phones are different. So if you are going to get the iPhone 6S Plus, it will be much higher price then the iPhone 6S. Rogers will announce the phone prices within either today or  sometime before Friday!!! The prices are the same as last year from what Apple said!. 

Also remember please post anything related about iPhone 6S & 6S Plus in here please. I know this is a long thread to read, but read it before asking multiple questions in which have been already answered in this post ( if they have been answered on this post / thread). I will do my best like I have for the past 5 years of doing this to answer any questions you have about the reservations or device.

IOS 9 will be available Sept 16th on your current Apple device!

Here are both links from Apple for the iPhone 6S & iPhone 6S Plus. I know for sure i will be getting the iPhone 6S Plus!.

http://www.apple.com/ca/iphone/

Thank you!Smiley Happy

3,456 REPLIES 3,456

Re: Apple iPhone 6S & 6S Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

twsi_06
I've Been Here Awhile

Yeah I've heard the stories of people jumping up and down on the position for devices.  That literally makes no sense. How is it possible. Mine is still listed as Position: 1 and Status: Open. So I will be really interested to hear if other people get the device before me. Logically thinking, I will be the first person in the country to get it through the reservation system.  If someone else got the 6S+128gb rose gold before me without even having to reserve it, I would be pretty upset. I'm sorry, but isn't point of the reservation system to ensure you get the device??? Rogers should have a rough idea of their stock coming in.  They know what they're being sent, because they pay for ahead of time from Apple, it isn't some big guessing game as to what is coming from Apple.  Rogers is a huge company, they should be able to manage distribution and dole out devices.  Based on my experience, I guess they didn't recieve even one of the devices I reserved. I find it hard to believe that they got not even one single 6S+128 RG. If they did, I would assume that I would have my device, or at the bare minimum have an update as the status of the order or ETA of the device. 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Robertinha

Rogers did not do the same thing as what is going on in here sadly. Ur missing the point. Apple controls the stock, prices and everything when it comes down to the carriers. So if Apple doesn't send anything to Rogers, how is that Rogers fault ?...

Rogers screwed up with the Note 4 due to shipping problems that they had with their inventory system.

mixedbreed
I Plan to Stick Around

Even though it's Sunday, my reservation numbers have come down two spots to: 48 and 51

iPhone 6S Plus 64GB Rose Gold

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @mixedbreed

Most likely cancellations is due to the drop.

stevehut
I Plan to Stick Around

I was 45 out of 240 for an iPhone 6s Plus 128 gb (business customer). Today, Sunday, I reserved the phone I wanted at Square One Apple Store and went in at 12:45 pm. I was out of the store a half hour later with my new phone.

Yeah!!!!!

I cancelled my Rogers reservation soon after.

Phone is awesome.

elvtnedge
I Plan to Stick Around
@Meowmix sorry let me ask the question a different way. My plan was to walk into Rogers, buy the phone outright and continue with my current plan. Because of the wait I was wondering if I could do the same with Apple. I don't want to sign up for a new contract as I'll lose my current plan. If I buy an unlocked phone from Apple can I just pop in a SIM card and that's it? Also is a hardware upgrade considered different than bringing your own phone?

quattrob
I Plan to Stick Around

@elvtnedge

It's actually better to buy the phone from apple since it will be unlocked, if you buy it from Rogers it will be locked and you'd need to pay $50 to have it unlocked.. there's no benefit to buying it outright from Rogers.  Just pop your old sim card into the new iphone 6s and it should work, usually Apple would test the phone for you when you buy it from them, if it doesn't they will give you a new sim card and activate it in store for you.  So please go get it from Apple store rather than Rogers if you're buying it outright, you keep your plan, nothing changes.  You just save yourself $50 if you ever wanted to have it unlocked in the future.

Radar2000
I Plan to Stick Around
Got a call from Rogers saying that my iPhone 6s Plus Rose Gold was in. Picked up my phone at 3:30. All is good.

Hi @Meowmix,

You wrote:

-------------

"Ur missing the point. Apple controls the stock, prices and everything when it comes down to the carriers. So if Apple doesn't send anything to Rogers, how is that Rogers fault ?"

--------------

I think *you're* missing the point - this is not an Apple stock issue it's a Rogers stock issue -- Rogers should have put some stock aside for Reservations, not blame Apple for sending too few units. Of course you will sell out, the point is to assign the stock you do receive properly.

It's like I'm reserving a table at a restaurant only to arrive and them telling me 'well we had so many walk-ins so you're table is gone' -- that's the whole point of taking a reservation is to make sure you are put ahead of people. Why did I bother getting up at an ungodly hour to place my reservation to ensure I'm one of the first ones to only later find out that this was completely meaningless.

If Rogers received say 100 iPhone 6S+ 128GB Space Grey phones nationally - why not put at least 10 or 20 aside toward the reservation list? Just because I 'only' put $40 down for the reservation doesn't mean I'm any less valuable than someone that pre-paid after me. Even if I didn't pick it up for some reason, you have like 200+ people behind me that can use the phone or the store can sell it to a walk-in.

Anyway as usual this experience is quite frustrating with again complete lack of transparancy from Rogers at the time the reservation system came live all the way to now with me going to a Rogers store, calling in with everyone having their own 'theorys' of what's going on and when I am to expect the line to start moving.

Sure you can blame Apple for not shipping you enough phones or you could take responsibility and maybe apologize for you not assigning *any* stock to the national Rogers reservation list. Maybe, I don't know, fix the problem for next year, find out how many phones were ordered, how many phones were received, how many phones are still waiting to be sent to the pre-order queue and when you estimate the reservation list to start receiving phones.

charlo1108
I Plan to Stick Around
I'm suppose to believe Rogers didn't get ONE 6S+ 64gb Silver and only THREE 6S+ 64gb RG.. Right.. They must think we are really niave

canamera
I'm a Reliable Contributor
Just an FYI to anyone interested in the glass screen protector, and we're asking if it will affect the 3d touch.... I put one on my 6s+, and it works perfectly!!! I haven't found the slightest loss in sensitivity.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Mark777

I would highly suggest sending them to Rogers management as i don't work for Rogers and can't really do anything with that information. I do agree with u though

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @canamera

Very nice! I might by it now!

canamera
I'm a Reliable Contributor
@Meowmix

Works perfect

theGrok
I Plan to Stick Around

Was #4 for a business reservation 6S+ Silver 64GB. Stil In Progress (pre-allocation). Was in escalated/prioirty position since last Wednesday with no one able to provide any answers.

After reports that some people had activated a business phone at the Apple store I decided to randomly try a reservation there. My store had the exact phone I wanted. I got a 10AM appointment. The phone was activated on contract without issue. I was out in 15 minutes. What a pleasant experience at the store.

I didn't even cancel my existing reservation wih Rogers until I got home. I cancelled it online, and then called in to make sure it was cancelled.

Kind of funny that 2 days after launch I was able to do this after reserving day one with Rogers and being so early in line. We are small business so not sure it would work for larger accounts.

Loving to phone coming from an iPhone 5. 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @theGrok

Very nice to hear! The Apple store gets more stock then carriers as they are from the company . That's why they had more stock. I contacted someone at Bell I know internally and even they don't have stock and many pre orders are still open as well.

Glad u got urs!;)

theGrok
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

Thank you for all the help that you provide to everyone in the thread. Had I known it would have worked, I would have done day 1. I dont like leaving things up to UPS and this would have been day 1 guaranteed. I didn't think it was possible for a Business account. The process with the store reservations is really smooth. 

Robertinha
I'm Here A Lot
@Meowmix
My position just went up again. 3rd time today!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @theGrok

That's good to know that it went smoothly for you! I am trying to do my best with trying to give answers and do as much as i can!

Haziq
I Plan to Stick Around
Here's hoping business reservations start shipping out tomorrow. I'd like my iPhone sometime next week pls! Pls Rogers, I was number 34 in the line and have been at Order in Progress (Activation) since Thursday.

astrudlelis
I Plan to Stick Around
@Radar2000

Nice. What was your position in the reservation?