cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 6S & 6S Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Everyone!

Once again i am making the iPhone Questions / Reservation thread!!!!! Apple just announced the new iPhone which is called iPhone 6S & iPhone 6S Plus . The new iPhone's includes a 3DTouch, 13MP back new isight camera, rose gold color &  much much more. . This thread is the offical thread for the iPhone 6S / 6S Plus for customers which have any questions or need answers!  Rogers will put up the pre order list for customers that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.

- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.

- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your  reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.

- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mind you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level 1 on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) . For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues  / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Pre orders will come out Saturday Sept 12th & Launch date is Friday Sept 25th. I am sure Rogers will follow those orders. As for the device orders & which models Rogers will get. I am sure Rogers will get both models like they did last year.

Also the prices for both phones are different. So if you are going to get the iPhone 6S Plus, it will be much higher price then the iPhone 6S. Rogers will announce the phone prices within either today or  sometime before Friday!!! The prices are the same as last year from what Apple said!. 

Also remember please post anything related about iPhone 6S & 6S Plus in here please. I know this is a long thread to read, but read it before asking multiple questions in which have been already answered in this post ( if they have been answered on this post / thread). I will do my best like I have for the past 5 years of doing this to answer any questions you have about the reservations or device.

IOS 9 will be available Sept 16th on your current Apple device!

Here are both links from Apple for the iPhone 6S & iPhone 6S Plus. I know for sure i will be getting the iPhone 6S Plus!.

http://www.apple.com/ca/iphone/

Thank you!Smiley Happy

3,456 REPLIES 3,456

Re: Apple iPhone 6S & 6S Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

@Meowmix
I was able to get the reservation, doesn't that mean they'll hold the phone until I show for my appointment?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @stevecraig

Once u make a reservation with Apple, you go in at the time that u requested. They will hold it until that time. If u do not show up for the appointment to pick up ur reservation, then they will give it to someone else.

So I guess it's best to show up early and wait?

And am I correct, that they can do a hardware upgrade through my rogers account?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @stevecraig

Yes they can. The Apple stores have access to that. Yeah i would say so.

Mark777
I'm Here A Lot

I reserved an iPhone 6S+ 128GB and have been #14 and there's been no movement at all implying Rogers didn't provide a single phone nationally to anyone on the reservation list. 

As as for people blaming Apple for not shipping any 'reservation' phones to Rogers, I don't understand the logic behind this. 

Ive also ordered 4 6S iPhones on pre-order via Rogers (mainly because initially the reservation system didn't list the models initially for some reason) - anyway 3 phones arrived via UPS on launch day (though at different addresses than requested and one had some kind of address mixup and is expected to arrive on Monday). 

All pre-order phones arrived in a box with a Rogers return slip, Rogers SIM card etc and seem to have originated from a warehouse in Vaughan (not China) so to me that means Rogers received thousands of different iPhones, them re-packaged them in individual boxes with return slips and SIM cards etc.. Rogers then should have taken say one of every 5 phones and put it aside for the reservation system. 

As they didn't while advising people that the reservation and pre-order is the same except pickup location now there's zero stock for reservations.

Am I mis-understanding something? I mean in Rogers defence this is only like the 3rd consecutive year of an iPhone launch with their reservation system - how were they supposed to know that new iPhones are kindof popular and in demand. 

SummerlyGenie
I Plan to Stick Around

@Mark777

Like I posted couple of pages before.

Rogers did receive shipments from Apple for all models, however people who "Pre-ordered" gets their device before people who "Reserved". This is confirmed by the rep that I contacted last night. Although many people say it's the matter of paying upfront or pay at the store, it's not. They differentiate customers. It's all about the money the way how the rep explained. Of course they would cherish customers who paid upfront than customers who only paid $40. 

elvtnedge
I Plan to Stick Around
@luvboatcapn I just checked my rewards points and 10,000 points will get me $75 off my bill. I was told if I redeem my points to a phone it would be $100 off based on my points. Do you know if buying the phone outright from Rogers is the same as buying it outright from Apple? Would buying from Rogers be technically a hardware upgrade? Buying from Apple would be unlocked and from Rogers locked?? Trying to figure out the best way....

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @elvtnedge

Buying from Apple will br factory unlocked if u buy it outright. If u buy it outright from Rogers it's locked to Rogers and will need an extra $50 to unlock it from them. Also no u can either upgrade or purchase outright from Rogers depending on the store again.

My friend from corporate account got his iphone 6s 64 space grey shipped last night.

My order, also from corporate, is at the finalize stage. Next stage would be the shipped status.

Basically the status you want is from In Progress (Pre Fullfillment), In Progress, Order In Progress(Activation), In Progress(Finalization), and Shipped

Don't lose hope.

For the record he ordered on 14th I ordrered from 16th.

Haziq
I Plan to Stick Around
@BillyHui that's reassuring. Mine is still on the Order in Progress (Activation) stage since Thursday. Here's hoping it ships out next week.

Haziq
I Plan to Stick Around
@BillyHui I ordered on the 13th, so you could say that order date possibly doesn't matter.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @BillyHui

There u go! So they are doing everything they can for corporate and business customers 🙂

Lizzybear
I Plan to Stick Around
I called to check on my business reservation which has been in activation since Thursday morning and they said it looks like it should ship tomorrow for the Rose Gold 6s 64gb and I was originally #78 having ordered on the 12th, but my order was placed originally for the wrong device so it would have been higher up if it hadn't taken all day to place...but if it ships tomorrow I'll be thrilled! 🎉🍷😀

elvtnedge
I Plan to Stick Around
@Meowmix thanks for the clarification but I was trying to figure out since I'll be staying on month to month with Rogers, why I get more value for points doing a hardware upgrade vs using points towards my bill. If I do a "hardware upgrade" does that in any way bind me to a contract?

Robertinha
I'm Here A Lot
I reserved the 6S plus 128GB rose pink at Rogers a week ago. My initial position was 271. It went down to 255 yesterday and today it went up to 268! How is that possible. I am so frustrated

charlo1108
I Plan to Stick Around
That is BS that all the preorders get filled before reservations.. First of all, it makes no sense to have 2 separate categories, secondly we were told multiple times preorders will not get priority. How does Rogers manage to screw up every single launch??? And this is Canada's leading cell company?

Robertinha
I'm Here A Lot
They screwed up when they released the note 4 too. It's not Apple. That's why my husband went to Bell! I should do the same. I'm really mad at Rogers!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Robertinha

Unfortunately this isn't a Note 4 thread and sadly it does come down to Apple controlling the stock. Please read a few pages back to understand it. Rogers did screw up with the Note 4 but in a different way. Also Bell is having the same issues with the iPhone 6S as well..

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @elvtnedge

Yes it does bind u into a contract. I would say just use the points towards ur bill as a hill credit. That way is easier I find.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Robertinha

Hmm maybe the system is having issues right now. I know that happened with my a while back but went back to normal.

Robertinha
I'm Here A Lot
If you read my original post you'd note that I'm here to discuss my issue with the apple pre order. I'm just referencing the galaxy because Rogers did the same thing when we pre ordered it. A position number for the reservation should never go up. It makes no sense. Thank you for your message though