Apple iPhone 6S & 6S Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple iPhone 6S & 6S Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Hello @nasa25x

Its okay it's their job right. We can't fight with them over that as they are told to do it to make sure it's in working condition before leaving the store.

Lol someone one here should take this offer!
RogersDarrell
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey Community!

We've posted these FAQs up earlier, but I'd like to repost to make sure everyone gets their questions answered.

What is the difference between making a pre-order and making a reservation?

When you make a pre-order, you pay for your device up front and have it shipped to the address of your choice as soon as possible after the manufacturer’s launch date.

However, when you make a reservation, you are asking for a device to be set aside at a store location of your choosing and paying for it only when you pick it up from the store.

Does reserving a device using the Rogers Reservation System mean I’ll get my device on the official launch date?

We can’t guarantee that you’ll receive your device on the day it launches. Our goal is to get your device to you as soon as possible, and we set aside inventory for customers who reserve devices. However, we also ship devices to stores that are not participating in the Rogers Reservation System program. The confirmation email you received when you reserved your device will contain more information about shipping timelines.

How can I check or change the status of my reservation?

We'll send you weekly email updates with information about the status of your device shipment.

If you’re an existing Rogers wireless customer upgrading your phone, you can also access this information through MyRogers.

If you’re an existing Rogers wireless customer adding a line or a new customer, this information can also be accessed here.

Where can I check the status of my pre-order?

We’ll send you email updates to let you know the status of your pre-order, as well as to provide you with your new service agreement, Rogers Terms of Service, our Acceptable Use Policy and our Privacy Policy.

What do the various "statuses" mean on my reservation?

Here’s more information about what each status type means:

• Open: Your reservation has been made and we are waiting for inventory from the manufacturer. At this time you can still change your pick-up location or contact email address, or cancel your reservation.
  • Cancelled: Your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account or credit card.
  • In progress: We have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be to confirm shipment to the Rogers store you chose.
  • Shipped: Your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the Rogers store you chose. Your shipment confirmation email will be sent to you along with your tracking number.

When will I receive my pre-ordered device?

Pre-ordered devices typically take 3-5 business days to arrive after they’re shipped, although they may arrive within 48 hours of shipping for customers in the Greater Toronto or Vancouver areas due to proximity to our distribution centres. Our shipment dates depend on how much inventory we have available, and that depends on the amount of inventory provided to us by the manufacturer at a given time.

Why is my pre-order subject to inventory availability?

Manufacturers ship devices to Rogers based on the anticipated demand at launch. However, if demand exceeds the inventory that we have available, we may not be able to ship your pre-ordered device to you immediately. This is because orders are processed and shipped on a first-come, first-served basis.

stevehut
I Plan to Stick Around

@mattc1989

Everything you need Eh? I use 2 gb without even trying. I couldn't live with such a paltry plan. 

We both know you ain't paying $70 for that either. 

I will continue to complain about not having the phone but it'd cut me deeper on a monthly basis to pay $70+ for just  2 gb of data. 

HeatherMak
I've Been Around

Hey Friends!

I preordered my phone on the 12th, and I actually received the phone today at home! I ordered a 6s Silver 64gb. So excited to play with a new piece of technolgy!

HighlanderICT
I've Been Here Awhile

@RogersDarrell

Perhaps your FAQ can address this one .....   How is it that someone (in this thread) confirms they ordered the exact same model/colour TODAY that I ordered 10 days ago and they have a lower number in the reservation queue ?  

In terms of stock I know you only get what you get from Apple and have no control over initial inventory so I never expected to receive the phone today ... but that lack of control does not apply to where you place someone in line on your reservation system. Disproportinately furious about this !  

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @HeatherMak

Oh nice!!!!! Glad to hear 🙂
hansonxi
I Plan to Stick Around

I was 6th in line for my IPHONE 6S PLUS 64GB ROSE GOLD. My order still has not yet arrived. It says shipped but I called into retention and it seems like my phone is completely lost..

mattc1989
I Plan to Stick Around

@stevehut pm ur email i'll scan and send my bill to you 🙂 I work for a living 🙂 and my work has WiFi and my home has it too so I use my phone all the time 🙂

You see I talked to someone in Exec office and they gave me a great plan and discounts because they want to keep my business.

Business customers may get some good plans but so many restrictions and slow downs and other cons 🙂

Fact is I don't really care if my plan doesn't suit you ^.^ I just care that my plan is great and it is cheaper than any other provider and I'll be playing with my new toy tonight xD
hansonxi
I Plan to Stick Around

Has anyone got the iphone 6s plus 64gb rose gold yet?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @hansonxi

Did u see if they could locate it internally? My buddy got his gold 64GB plus model from Rogers at the store