cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 6S & 6S Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Everyone!

Once again i am making the iPhone Questions / Reservation thread!!!!! Apple just announced the new iPhone which is called iPhone 6S & iPhone 6S Plus . The new iPhone's includes a 3DTouch, 13MP back new isight camera, rose gold color &  much much more. . This thread is the offical thread for the iPhone 6S / 6S Plus for customers which have any questions or need answers!  Rogers will put up the pre order list for customers that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.

- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.

- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your  reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.

- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mind you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level 1 on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) . For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues  / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Pre orders will come out Saturday Sept 12th & Launch date is Friday Sept 25th. I am sure Rogers will follow those orders. As for the device orders & which models Rogers will get. I am sure Rogers will get both models like they did last year.

Also the prices for both phones are different. So if you are going to get the iPhone 6S Plus, it will be much higher price then the iPhone 6S. Rogers will announce the phone prices within either today or  sometime before Friday!!! The prices are the same as last year from what Apple said!. 

Also remember please post anything related about iPhone 6S & 6S Plus in here please. I know this is a long thread to read, but read it before asking multiple questions in which have been already answered in this post ( if they have been answered on this post / thread). I will do my best like I have for the past 5 years of doing this to answer any questions you have about the reservations or device.

IOS 9 will be available Sept 16th on your current Apple device!

Here are both links from Apple for the iPhone 6S & iPhone 6S Plus. I know for sure i will be getting the iPhone 6S Plus!.

http://www.apple.com/ca/iphone/

Thank you!Smiley Happy

3,456 REPLIES 3,456

Re: Apple iPhone 6S & 6S Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Spensieri

I would say 2-3 weeks unless Rogers gets more from Apple.

Thanks! I figured it would be that long. 

vishu81b
I Plan to Stick Around

hi i am still stuck with same answer, they dont have iphone 6s plus yet, apple didnt deliver what they said.

still waiting. .....................

Don't believe them....I preordered on the 16th of September!  I was number 151 at the time.....as of this morning (Oct 30) I'm #73  YAHOO!!!!

You've been waiting that long? That's crazy.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @vishu81b

You won't get another answer as its that is the problem. Apple sends Rogers devices so there isn't any other way unfortunately.

Is there officially a shortage on iPhone 6s Plus? My wife wants to order an iPhone 6s and I am wondering if the wait will be as long for the non-plus model.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Spensieri

Yes it was said about 4 weeks ago or so. It seems to be a issue with the products.

weewee
I've Been Here Awhile
  1. The wait for the non-plus 6S is short! I had a 6S plus ordered from 3 weeks ago and changed it to the 6S non-plus last Friday. It came in 2 business days. (64GB rose gold)

You do realize that Rogers is just financing the full price over 24 months right? If you buy it unlocked from the a store and drop your plan to byod you're paying about the same over 24 months and you now have an unlocked device.

User1579708
I've Been Here Awhile
The reservation system is a joke! I reserved my iPhone 6s plus 64gb rosegold on September 18 by called the business line and has been waiting for the phone ever since and still at #3, however my friend under the same business plan called in two weeks ago to the same business line and ordered the exactly same phone and he has already received the phone last Friday. Can someone from rogers provide me with an explanation how could this be happening? Your reservation system is com

vishu81b
I Plan to Stick Around

that something differant my friend, why dont you get details from your friend and called rogers business line again and tell them about that. how about color is that same color phone your friend order or differant?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @User1579708

Unfortunately thats something that won't be explained as no one knows the real answer too. It seems some orders over the phone got expedited and the reservation ones are still there. In all it seems like some phones can in and went to them first.

morninglight
I've Been Here Awhile

Still waiting on my 128gb silver iphone 6S plus reserved order on Sept 14. Order status is now 6 of 46 In progress (Pre Fulfillment) placed through a Rogers corporate plan. Essentially my position has not changed since my order was placed. Last week I was #7 but I assume someone cancelled the order because I can't see them just getting one phone in when there are 46 on the orderlist. I would like to say that my coworker who placed an order for a 64gb rosegold iphone 6S plus through the same corporate plan two weeks later than I did received her phone 2 weeks ago. My frustration and annoyance has grown day by day. What is even worse than the wait is the fact that no one is available at Rogers who knows or is willing to reveal what the actual issues are with the delays. Basically it shows either managment is incompetence or has general disregard for their customers. 

Spensieri
I'm Here A Lot

I just got off the phone with Rogers. I can't keep my current 2GB phone plan if I want to upgrade to the 6S+. I will have to upgrade to a 2.5GB plan, which is an extra $20 a month, $480 for the year, plus a $20 activation charge. Wow. So I'm not saving anything on the phone. I have no incentive to purhase from Rogers now. I may as well just go to the Apple Store and but my phone right away and skip any wait times. 

MikRose
I've Been Here Awhile

6s Plus over a month now and on backorder...

Fusterating when my coworked shows up from Verizon with exactly the same one ....

Give them a call on the phone. The lady I spoke to said they had the model in stock that I was interested in, which surprised me since I am 233 on the wait list. 

MikRose
I've Been Here Awhile
I did , all they can say is that its still on backorder, no eta.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @MikRose

It is true that the 6S+ is in backorder due to the manufactiring process issue with Apple. What the state carriers have are not the same as here. Apple favours them a bit more. Remember states gets more then we do.

Try calling in & see if they can place a order for u as they might have stock a small amount.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Spensieri

That is correct. All carriers are doing this not just Rogers. It seems to be a tactic going on since last year.

apple stores will have some in stock.

Thanks for the feedback. I didn't realize that was the norm now. I guess the days of actually saving money on a new phone went away with the long contracts.