Once again i am making the iPhone Questions / Reservation thread!!!!! Apple just announced the new iPhone which is called iPhone 6S & iPhone 6S Plus . The new iPhone's includes a 3DTouch, 13MP back new isight camera, rose gold color & much much more. . This thread is the offical thread for the iPhone 6S / 6S Plus for customers which have any questions or need answers! Rogers will put up the pre order list for customers that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .
- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.
2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.
3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mind you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level 1 on the account but some stores will decline it.
For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ
4) . For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.
Pre orders will come out Saturday Sept 12th & Launch date is Friday Sept 25th. I am sure Rogers will follow those orders. As for the device orders & which models Rogers will get. I am sure Rogers will get both models like they did last year.
Also the prices for both phones are different. So if you are going to get the iPhone 6S Plus, it will be much higher price then the iPhone 6S. Rogers will announce the phone prices within either today or sometime before Friday!!! The prices are the same as last year from what Apple said!.
Also remember please post anything related about iPhone 6S & 6S Plus in here please. I know this is a long thread to read, but read it before asking multiple questions in which have been already answered in this post ( if they have been answered on this post / thread). I will do my best like I have for the past 5 years of doing this to answer any questions you have about the reservations or device.
IOS 9 will be available Sept 16th on your current Apple device!
Here are both links from Apple for the iPhone 6S & iPhone 6S Plus. I know for sure i will be getting the iPhone 6S Plus!.
My experience today:
- was lucky enough to score a reservation with Apple Store. I knew that my chances of walking out the store with the device (hardware upgrade for corporate account) is low but was excited for the possibility!
- talked with Rogers business specialist about the possibility of buying the phone outright from Apple Store as @omro has mentioned above and ask for credits back on my account. wasted my 1.5 hrs of lunch at work talking to this agent. It was a simple question of yes/no whether the credit could be applied, but the agent took 20 mins to verify my account, keep on suggesting to wait with the Rogers reservation, but at last, the agent told me that as long as the device is still carrier locked from the Apple store, Rogers would credit me the difference in device cost should I have to purchase the device on full price.
- went to the Apple store after work. all was well - they could access my corporate (small business) account, had to cancel my reservation to do the upgrade (which i didn't mind - if I cannot get the phone within this week, it doesn't matter whether I start from the back of the line over again or not) and all was smooth sailing... until Rogers asked me to change my corporate plan to a more expensive one. My guy at Apple store was an angel- he stayed after 9pm talking to this useless (as usual) Rogers agent. ultimately, i have to talk to the business specialists again tomorrow morning because they close at 8pm. Apparently my plan did not have a fixed term on it... weird because the agents I've talked to previously told me that my plan was eligible for upgrade without changing the plan. but whatever. At least my device is still being held at the store until end of tomorrow, so when I go in tomorrow, hopefully all goes well... fingers crossed!
This waiting game and different information provided by every single Rogers agent is rather embarassing ,especially when they are dealing with business clients. who would want to renew their contract with them, when it becomes this unreliable?
Sorry to read your nightmare. Mine was similar last year, though I was able to walk away with the phone. The Rogers business specialists are so hit and miss and I make sure that they put copious notes on my account whenever I speak to them and ask them to read back what they have written. Without the notes, the next person seems to be utterly unable to be of use.
For anyone waiting on an iPhone 6s Plus silver 128gb phone, you will move up in position now as I have cancelled my reservation. I was spot #1 since reservations could be made. I had enough of waiting, called Rogers multiple times and got different answers every time . Rogers told me to cancel my reservation and make a new one and be placed at the end of the list. I was also offered the iPhone 6s Plus Gold 128gb phone and a $50 discount if I bought it right when I was on the phone with Rogers because that is what they had in stock. I don't want the gold iPhone. So today I made an Apple Store appointment, as well as calling Rogers one last time. I got put on hold, passed off to 4 different corporate reps and in the end the one rep that actually knew something said that I had a corporate code on my account but some rep had removed it. This makes my plan and account like a regular consumer account. So I went in to the Apple Store for my appointment, and walked out with my iPhone 6s Plus silver 128gb iPhone. No problems in the Apple Store. I didn't get passed on to multiple different employees at the Apple Store like Rogers did to me on the phone. Upgrade went smooth and I didn't have to pay anything in store as it will be in my next bill.
I I would suggest checking the Apple Store app for your phone and making an appointment at the Apple Store to get it. Or even try Best Buy. Otherwise you will be waiting a few weeks to maybe a month from Rogers and treated poorly. All the Apple Store employees greater me with a smile and were happy to chat. I did walk in to a few Rogers stores to see if they had stock and they weren't too friendly. They just laughed and said "No". Only one Rogers employee was nice and offered suggestions such as calling customer help and seeing if they could do anything. Way more pleasant dealing with Apple than Rogers.
have a nice day everyone, and hopefully you get your phones to enjoy them.
- talked to rogers business specialist for another 1.5 hours on the phone. the agent i got to speak to was thorough, but now she told me that i need to change my corporate plan to this share everything plan for business. fortunately, i had interaction numbers of previous agents who have confirmed me again and again that my plan would remain the same even with a hardware upgrade - so i asked to speak to a supervisor. Although the hold time was a bit long, i was lucky to speak to him and explained the whole chaos that has happened to me with Rogers for the past 2 weeks. not just with the iphone reservation, but the thing with porting my number from bell (nearly lost 2 mobile numbers on my account), reserving the wrong device, quoting wrong amounts for hardware upgrade...etc. He said he was sorry, and we talked about our options. it turns out to be that my plan IS indeed eligible for hardware upgrade without amendments to the current plan! seriously rogers, why do people give me different answers every time...
1. wait for a month and do the upgrade (NOT AN OPTION for me)
2. go to Apple store, try to do the upgrade, and if not, call the business specialist again
3. go to Apple store, activate the phone with a new number, and pay the store. after, he would personally change my new number with my current number, transfer my plans/etc and wipe out the new number from the account
after work, i went to the apple store, waited for an hour because i could not secure a time for my reservation for my device was held for me from yesterday, and finally my turn came. we tried #2, but of course it did not work and decided to go through with #3. of course, rogers website gave us errors after errors - so we did a manual activation over the phone with device support centre, and i was able to walk out of the store with the phone in my hand.
i e-mailed that manager as we discussed after i got home, so hopefully by tomorrow, i get to use my iPhone 6S plus rosegold!! wish me luck dear people, and thank you as you have been the most helpful ones around! i will update when i get to use my phone 🙂