Once again i am making the iPhone Questions / Reservation thread!!!!! Apple just announced the new iPhone which is called iPhone 6S & iPhone 6S Plus . The new iPhone's includes a 3DTouch, 13MP back new isight camera, rose gold color & much much more. . This thread is the offical thread for the iPhone 6S / 6S Plus for customers which have any questions or need answers! Rogers will put up the pre order list for customers that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .
- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.
2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.
3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mind you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level 1 on the account but some stores will decline it.
For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ
4) . For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.
Pre orders will come out Saturday Sept 12th & Launch date is Friday Sept 25th. I am sure Rogers will follow those orders. As for the device orders & which models Rogers will get. I am sure Rogers will get both models like they did last year.
Also the prices for both phones are different. So if you are going to get the iPhone 6S Plus, it will be much higher price then the iPhone 6S. Rogers will announce the phone prices within either today or sometime before Friday!!! The prices are the same as last year from what Apple said!.
Also remember please post anything related about iPhone 6S & 6S Plus in here please. I know this is a long thread to read, but read it before asking multiple questions in which have been already answered in this post ( if they have been answered on this post / thread). I will do my best like I have for the past 5 years of doing this to answer any questions you have about the reservations or device.
IOS 9 will be available Sept 16th on your current Apple device!
Here are both links from Apple for the iPhone 6S & iPhone 6S Plus. I know for sure i will be getting the iPhone 6S Plus!.
@Meowmix I found this site on reddit. http://flightaware.com/live/iphone It shows the UPS planes and flight times that are carrying the new iPhones. There are five of them going from Anchorage, Alaska to Louisville, Kentucky. They are all set to arrive in Louisville around 1 AM EDT. I'm curious how Rogers has put some reserved devices to IN PROGRESS even though UPS hasn't even shipped any phones around the United States/Canada. Looking at news websites such as macrumors.com, all Pre-Orders from the apple.com are still being shipped to the country.
Looks like no change in reservation numbers all day today. Bigger screen, and longer battery life are some of the reasons for getting the 6S Plus.
For those worried about theirs not going into IN PROGRESS status yet. Last year I was around #35 or something and my device didn't hit IN PROGRESS until the day before launch and also shipped out that same day. So, there is still loads of time left for our iPhones this year to get to that IN PROGRESS stage and hit the stores for launch, it is only monday afterall!
#11 and #18 for both my 128GB iPhone6s Plus RoseGold and Gold. Both reservation still says OPEN.
I hate how Rogers never officially announced what time they will start the reservation (Although, some people said that they received a text message from Rogers saying; the reservation will start at 9AM, but it was never true. lol) for iPhone6s/Plus on 12th.
I hope that they will have them in stock on this Friday.
I wonder how I didn't get the text message notice from Rogers about the reservation.
Oh well, at least I'm positioned in line I'm fine.