cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 6S & 6S Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Everyone!

Once again i am making the iPhone Questions / Reservation thread!!!!! Apple just announced the new iPhone which is called iPhone 6S & iPhone 6S Plus . The new iPhone's includes a 3DTouch, 13MP back new isight camera, rose gold color &  much much more. . This thread is the offical thread for the iPhone 6S / 6S Plus for customers which have any questions or need answers!  Rogers will put up the pre order list for customers that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.

- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.

- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your  reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.

- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mind you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level 1 on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) . For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues  / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Pre orders will come out Saturday Sept 12th & Launch date is Friday Sept 25th. I am sure Rogers will follow those orders. As for the device orders & which models Rogers will get. I am sure Rogers will get both models like they did last year.

Also the prices for both phones are different. So if you are going to get the iPhone 6S Plus, it will be much higher price then the iPhone 6S. Rogers will announce the phone prices within either today or  sometime before Friday!!! The prices are the same as last year from what Apple said!. 

Also remember please post anything related about iPhone 6S & 6S Plus in here please. I know this is a long thread to read, but read it before asking multiple questions in which have been already answered in this post ( if they have been answered on this post / thread). I will do my best like I have for the past 5 years of doing this to answer any questions you have about the reservations or device.

IOS 9 will be available Sept 16th on your current Apple device!

Here are both links from Apple for the iPhone 6S & iPhone 6S Plus. I know for sure i will be getting the iPhone 6S Plus!.

http://www.apple.com/ca/iphone/

Thank you!Smiley Happy

3,456 REPLIES 3,456

Re: Apple iPhone 6S & 6S Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Serenityreine

Yes that is correct as I posted that a while back but remember last year? The same thing with the 6+. It took Apple a couple of weeks to get more of them due to screen issues being manufactured. You would think they would have learned. I was #7 for the 6+ 128Gb gray last year and got mine the day after launch even though I waited outside the store all night at launch. It seems like Apple is controlling again

Serenityreine
I Plan to Stick Around
Indeed so @Meowmix. I didn't partake last year but remember the delays. I have a 6S and 6S+ reserved so we'll see.. At least this year I know no matter what, I'll most likely have a new phone on launch without having to line up.. And that's key for me as I don't have the luxury of lining up like previous years (flashback to 4AM lineups for the 4!!).

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Serenityreine

To be honest I love lining up! I will again this year as I have Friday and Saturday off :p. If the device ships to the store before launch that's great. Im pretty sure the stores will have stock but very limited ones

Philpaint
I Plan to Stick Around
I just reserved through the new reservation system and I'm number 7 for a grey 6s 128go

This thing is weird...

Serenityreine
I Plan to Stick Around
@Meowmix - I also reserved with Apple, which I'm thinking is the better bet..

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Philpaint

Great number. I think I they did it as they thought there would have been a high demand but realized there wasn't and with everyone confused,they added it back

ragu13
I Plan to Stick Around

@Serenityreine

Did I just read that you love lining up? I don't know whether to have you committed or commend you on your dedication. Either way, so long as you get what you want, I support you!

Space grey is the least popular, really? I would have never guessed that, and even being the least popular, still cannot believe I'm #5 this long after preoders opened. Guess I shouldn't complain, I was worried about being 565 last year but still got it at launch...I would imagine I'm a shoe in with #5 this year

So my next question...I was told I could use my rogers rewards with a preorder (upgrade shipped to my house), can they still be used on device reservations to be picked up in store?

You guys/gals are the best, thanks for all the info and helping me pass the time over the most stressful week of my life (for a 3rd straight year lol)

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ragu13

Yes when you go to the store and do the upgrade, ask them to use the points if they don't ask u.

Manarclarke
I Plan to Stick Around

I spoke to somone on the live chat yesterday and she said if I want to get my phone on release date through rogers, I may as well line up at apple. 

"No, the store probably won't have any until everyone that has already reserved it has got one, you can try an Apple store, but I would get your sleeping bag ready. Apple only provides us with a limited stock to build up hype for the phone, we try the best we can to get them as quickly as we can to our customers, but at this point the chances of getting it on the day is not very good." was the response I got when I asked if i should cancel my preorder and pick up my reservation in store haha. 

this is ridicoulus! The least they could do is give us information, not just give us no easy way of pre-ordering. I pre-ordered and reserve two in store (one at rogers, and one at my brother's store) i'm pretty sure i can get it on release day at my brothers location but i'd rather just know if pre-ordering is even worth it haha..

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Manarclarke

The rep does have a point as carriers and even best buy get limited stock but that doesn't mean u will not get it. I got my reservation the next day from launch last year. Keep your reservation

EDIT - It seems Rogers has removed the " Pre Order" page / click on the page as now it shows " Reserve". I guess they realized their mistake & changed it. 

Evocative
I Plan to Stick Around

So I had reserved my phone through the old reservation system a couple days ago and got number 8.

Today I saw that the new reservation system had all the models, so I put in a reservation for the same model there to see if it would work and it did. I'm number 36 there.

I am concerned about us not getting our reservations through the old reservation system since it will still let us reserve in the new one. I'm thinking of keep my reservation on the new system just in case.... Any thoughts?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Evocative

My Rogers - Device Reservation is the old reservation page, not the new one. The new one was pre ordering. So if you did that, you are on the original reservation.

Keep both & see what happens. You will get back the $40+ tax reservation fee anyways so might as well.

nasa25x
I Plan to Stick Around

ragu, if an iPhone launch is the most stressful thing in your life then I'd love to have your life lol.

I wonder which reservation system will take precedence as rogers receives the phones....it'd make sense that they fulfill the reservations based on when they were placed.   I'd cancel one of the reservations to open up stock for someone else but I have no idea which one of them will be fulfilled and shipped to the store first lol

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @nasa25x

They will most likely put aside some devices for the pre orders & some for the reservations unless they get a huge batch from Apple & barely give any to stores & put most of them towards the pre orders / reservations.

nasa25x
I Plan to Stick Around

meowmix

there was 3 ways to get the phone:

1. pre-order to ship to your house

2. reservation system via web link that charged your cc the $40 fee

3. reservation system via myrogers that charged your account the $40 fee

I really have no idea which reservation system is the old one and new one lol.  I assumed the web link system was the old one and my rogers new one.  

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nasa25

They took off the web link & now ONLY have the reservation system it seems via my Rogers as they added all the devices on there & also when you go into the iPhone page on Rogers it will say " Reserve" now instead of " Pre Order". They changed it., 

My Rogers - Device Reservation is the original reservation page. That has always been up since they opened the reservation system. The pre order / new link was & seems like a mistake of thos year. 

ragu13
I Plan to Stick Around
@nasa25x

Yes I lead a stress free leisurely life of 'working for the man' lol. So maybe 'stress' was the incorrect term to use...how about 'nervous anticipation?' Lol

It's a good nervous though, love this time of year

For anyone that was unfortunately a test subject under the new way to get a phone (i.e. 'pre order') I just spoke with Rogers support and there is no way to cancel that order prior to shipment...have to get the phone, send it back, and ur account will be credited. I spoke with 4 different reps in 4 different departments and they all said the same thing 'sorry for the inconvenience but we cannot cancel from our end'

It seemed like a pretty decent way to get an upgrade without having to go to the store but obviously from my calls and the fact that it is no longer available online, it was a failed experiment.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @ragu13

It seems to have been a experiment to see what will happen & how to confuse customers it seems like. There was NO reason for Rogers to do this in the start anyways but i guess they wanted to confuse so many customers & cause issues that they could have avoided if they just stayed the way it was.

There should be a way to cancel a pre order & not have it shipped. It seems like they are doing it on purpose so no one uses the reservation system & flood the pre orders.

nasa25x
I Plan to Stick Around
Ah yes, just tried it out and while they have a 'pre-order' link on the main page, there's only an option to reserve once you get into the page with the phone options. I guess they replaced 3 systems with one lol

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @nasa25x

They most likely did after all the problems / issues they have with 3 of them being live at once. No need for it & i really hope Rogers learned their lesson & not do this again lol

nasa25x
I Plan to Stick Around
ragu,

There definitely IS a way to cancel the pre-order. If it hasn't yet been validated, the tech support team will need to cancel it as they would be the only ones that can see it. RogersMaude on these forums really helped me out with this. She was able to cancel mine in short order.