cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 6S & 6S Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Everyone!

Once again i am making the iPhone Questions / Reservation thread!!!!! Apple just announced the new iPhone which is called iPhone 6S & iPhone 6S Plus . The new iPhone's includes a 3DTouch, 13MP back new isight camera, rose gold color &  much much more. . This thread is the offical thread for the iPhone 6S / 6S Plus for customers which have any questions or need answers!  Rogers will put up the pre order list for customers that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.

- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.

- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your  reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.

- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mind you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level 1 on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) . For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues  / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Pre orders will come out Saturday Sept 12th & Launch date is Friday Sept 25th. I am sure Rogers will follow those orders. As for the device orders & which models Rogers will get. I am sure Rogers will get both models like they did last year.

Also the prices for both phones are different. So if you are going to get the iPhone 6S Plus, it will be much higher price then the iPhone 6S. Rogers will announce the phone prices within either today or  sometime before Friday!!! The prices are the same as last year from what Apple said!. 

Also remember please post anything related about iPhone 6S & 6S Plus in here please. I know this is a long thread to read, but read it before asking multiple questions in which have been already answered in this post ( if they have been answered on this post / thread). I will do my best like I have for the past 5 years of doing this to answer any questions you have about the reservations or device.

IOS 9 will be available Sept 16th on your current Apple device!

Here are both links from Apple for the iPhone 6S & iPhone 6S Plus. I know for sure i will be getting the iPhone 6S Plus!.

http://www.apple.com/ca/iphone/

Thank you!Smiley Happy

3,456 REPLIES 3,456

Re: Apple iPhone 6S & 6S Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Dsbuirfitt

Someone on another forum said this morning they did it & got #189 but again unless someone reserves the iPhone under their name & then cancels it right away, you will know. Also depends on the model / color & GB. You also have to put the pricing of the devices that many don't want and the device isn't that much changed in their eyes

DueckT0
I Plan to Stick Around

This whole pre order vs reserving still confuses me. I've asked on twitter and one the phone and everyone says something different...or some don't even seem to realize there is an option other than reserving. 

I made a reservation...but I haven't paid up front...nothing has been charged to my credit card...I got an email with my order confirmation saying someone will respond within 24 hours...that was Saturday morning. 

I got an email with "info on my hardware order" but all it is is a PDF that has no content. Just says "Please wait...If this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents of the document, your PDF viewer may not be able to display this type of document." And yes, my PDF viewer is up to date. 

Also. Do pre-orders have priority over reservations? There seems to really be no difference that I can tell other than where you pick it up...

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @DueckT0

There is no difference as its been reserving or pre ordering other then a few little things and where u want it to go.. No there is no priority at all between the two. They will ship once the warehouse has them in Stock. Reserving shows u the status of where the device u reserved is and you have a number. Pre ordering just orders u a device for you but u can not see ur status and u don't have a number.

DueckT0
I Plan to Stick Around

So the only difference is that I don't get to see the status of my order!? Why have two different ways to get one if they are the same? Well, one is less convenient.

Serenityreine
I Plan to Stick Around
I reserved at 8:20AM on Saturday morning - 64GB 6S+ Rose Gold and I'm #54. Still trying to figure out how people who reserved after 9AM got a lower number than me! Gosh - with the 5S, I was in the hundreds reserving shortly after reservations opened!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @DueckT0

Honestly that's the question we are all asking.. It seems they also limited the Reservations with some models meanwhile the pre orders got all models. It's useless and confusing and I hope they never do this again..

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Serenityreine

Are you sure it was for the same model, GB and color as urs? I reserved the iPhone 6S Plus 128GB gray and was #9 but now I am #8. Mind you I reserved it at 8:02am EST.

Serenityreine
I Plan to Stick Around
I got the 64GB. I guess that in RG is what everyone wanted!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Serenityreine

Everyone will try and get the RG in both models lol. I can't see that color on me

joss1813
I'm Here A Lot

I just checked myRogers device reservation and it seems that all 6s models are now available to reserve through there. I reserved a 6s 16gb silver and I'm #2. I find that strange considering its been available everywhere else but myRogers since Saturday morning 

To add on... Just reserved another device as I have 4, through myRogers 6s 16gb Gray #3. Actually, I reserved this same device for another wireless number on the old reservation system and as per my status using the email I'm #4 except this one was done Saturday around 11am... Was receiving error message for other devices under the old system which is why I just tried using myRogers for my other devices. Can't seem to understand how my second reservation made 5 days later is ahead in line. 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @joss1813

You are correct. What is going on? I wonder if they did this on purpose so they don't have a lot of people using the reservation system but it seems very odd almost a week after they update the My Rogers Reservation page ( older) with all the models. Anyways yes that is correct it's all up!

nintenchris123
I Plan to Stick Around

where does everyone live

i live in toronto but i have my silver 6s 16GB reserved at the bramalea location in brampton

im supposedly #1 in line

nasa25x
I Plan to Stick Around
Lol I love how the reservation system doesn't even render on my iPhone. In any event for fun I reserved now that the all the models are there. #7 for 64gb rose gold. I'm still #14 for the same phone under the other reservation system

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nintenchris

Just want to add, it doesn't matter where you live with the reservation system!. Your are #1 for that model,color and GB. It's not store or location. It's Canada-Wide.

I am in Scarborough. I am #8 for the ip6s+ 128GB gray

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @nasa25x

Lol very nice. I guess they just added them now. Keep em both 😛

Isn't it bad to keep both? Since if both ships to store at same time you won't be able to cancel reservation making your $40 credit non refundable if you only want one of the phone?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @eddyywangg

The $40 reservation fee will be credited back to you once it ships out OR you cancel it. So once both devices ship out, u will get the $40+ tax back. I explained this on my first post and also says that in the email you receive.

It's not bad to keep both as I have reserved one from Apple and one from Rogers. 

ragu13
I Plan to Stick Around

Good morning everyone, so nice to see some familiar names after a year of hibernation

First off, thanks again to meowmix for posting the forum, always a pleasure

Wanted to get some opinions on what is going on with the reservation system...5 days after the initial preorder system goes live and all of a sudden, all device are available on both systems. I placed a preorder/upgrade on Sunday evening and have no idea the status, so just for giggles, I decided to place a device reservation today via store pickup...5 days after the initial go live date, I'm number 5 for a space grey 128GB 6s???

What gives? Either the sales are not what they expected (this time last year, there was a 3-4 week wait to get the 6) or Rogers is playing some games with its customers

Thoughts?

Serenityreine
I Plan to Stick Around
I'm really confused too because I heard only the 6S+ could be delayed 2-4 weeks because of a production issue. If you try to reserve on Apple.ca, you can't actually place an order (or reserve for pick up) until the 26th but I could reserve a 6S in any colour but rose gold for pick up next Friday. Meanwhile Rogers led reservations with the 6S+ in any size/colour and held back the 6S in anything but the 16GB until now. Why did Rogers delay 6S preorders / reservations? As for @ragu13 - why you have such a low number - space gray is the least popular colour and the 128GB is the most expensive phone. I think every is going for the 64GB phones..

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @ragu13

Welcome back my friend!

Honestly it seems like they did this as they thought they were going to have higher th expected demand for them but I guess they noticed they didn't and added them back. The only demand I see is for the 6s+