cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 6S & 6S Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Everyone!

Once again i am making the iPhone Questions / Reservation thread!!!!! Apple just announced the new iPhone which is called iPhone 6S & iPhone 6S Plus . The new iPhone's includes a 3DTouch, 13MP back new isight camera, rose gold color &  much much more. . This thread is the offical thread for the iPhone 6S / 6S Plus for customers which have any questions or need answers!  Rogers will put up the pre order list for customers that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.

- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.

- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your  reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.

- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mind you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level 1 on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) . For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues  / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Pre orders will come out Saturday Sept 12th & Launch date is Friday Sept 25th. I am sure Rogers will follow those orders. As for the device orders & which models Rogers will get. I am sure Rogers will get both models like they did last year.

Also the prices for both phones are different. So if you are going to get the iPhone 6S Plus, it will be much higher price then the iPhone 6S. Rogers will announce the phone prices within either today or  sometime before Friday!!! The prices are the same as last year from what Apple said!. 

Also remember please post anything related about iPhone 6S & 6S Plus in here please. I know this is a long thread to read, but read it before asking multiple questions in which have been already answered in this post ( if they have been answered on this post / thread). I will do my best like I have for the past 5 years of doing this to answer any questions you have about the reservations or device.

IOS 9 will be available Sept 16th on your current Apple device!

Here are both links from Apple for the iPhone 6S & iPhone 6S Plus. I know for sure i will be getting the iPhone 6S Plus!.

http://www.apple.com/ca/iphone/

Thank you!Smiley Happy

3,456 REPLIES 3,456

Re: Apple iPhone 6S & 6S Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @elvtnedge

No that number is just fine and you will get it at launch! Don't worry about the whole " pre order" thing.

Thanks for the quick reply, @Meowmix! You've been so helpful! Can I just phone in to cancel the pre-order once the reservation comes in, before I go to pick up the reservation in store? I'm just worried one system will end up taking way longer than the other and I don't know which will be faster! 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @nina3251

On yeah that should be fine! Just call in a couple of hours before hand and see if it will be cancelled for u! 🙂

nickjj
I Plan to Stick Around

@DjRags Just a heads up on the "Free" offers of Spotify, Shomi or Next Issue. Nothing is free you have to be in a current share everything plan in order to get the services for "free" for 24 months. For example I have a 4Gb share everything plan that i just had to set up last year with the iphone 6 launch which satisfies my needs right now. This plan does not exist anymore and I have to "upgrade" my plan to a 5Gb data share everything plan for an addiiaonal $10 a month in order to take advantage of the "free" Spotify, Shomi or Next Issue offer.

Another tactic to entice you to purchase more of a plan than you really need by offering something for "free".

nina3251
I'm Here A Lot

Just wanted to double check -- my number in line for the reservation system is for the reservations at all Rogers stores right? Or is it just for the individual store that I chose to pick up the phone at?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nina3251

Your reservation number and spot is Canada-Wide. It's only reserved to the store u picked

elvtnedge
I Plan to Stick Around
Thanks meow... I think he's asking if his number is at that specific store. So in my case for a 128 6S+ in Grey, I'm 46. Does that mean at my rogers store that I entered to pickup, I'm 46 or does that mean I could be #1 at that store and there are 45 others throughout all of Canada that reserved the same model device?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @elvtnedge

If you are #46, you are #46 Canada-Wide for the specific model u reserved. It has nothing to do with the stores. The stores have their own stock they sell and have other reserve at those store most likely.

nickjj
I Plan to Stick Around

By the end of the day last Iphone 6 launch last Fall we had many many people that had reservation numbers in the thousands Canada wide when I checked through that thread. Now this 6s launch I see on this forum people reporting no where near these numbers like the last launch. This just confirms to me my theory on the Pre Order preference of Rogers. Pre Orders shroud the date you will receive the phone since Rogers can control the inventory released because no reservation number is provided to see where you are in the queue.

I wish Rogers would just provide us one path that is fair for everyone to try and get a new phone as close to Apples launch day. I chose not to use the "old" reservation system some used with their credit card since it seem strange to me considering this was not tied to my current MyRogers account. For the loyal customers that have gotten up early and tried to follow the same process as last year with a device reservation I hope Rogers provides a reasonable explanation why they could not. I am having a tough time myself explaining this to my staff.

hendersonsarah
I Plan to Stick Around
I used the old reservation system and paid $40 refundable deposit by credit card but everything pulled up my phone number etc. it was just a different want to do it and the end result is the same. I got the device I wanted and end result was the same.

Why we had to do this a different way Rogers needs to explain. It's unacceptable they put their customers through this and have no communication with them. I will most likely slowly migrate to another carrier down the road. Tired of yearly disappointments like this.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @hendersonsarah

Honestly as much as I like Rogers, this has disappointed me as well. The communication isn't really there and it seems like they released a phone on the reservations without all the models there but pre order has them all. We all thought they would have learned from last year but they only did a bit.

I wish I could have been more helpful 😞

nickjj
I Plan to Stick Around

Just want to post for historical reasons what phones are available in the Rogers reservation system. Still no 6S 64Gb or 128Gb models one day later.... I will be recommending to my staff to purchase from the Apple store going forward and save the $20 a month flextab repayment on their monthly plan.

original.jpg

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @nickjj

Still haven't added It yet eh? I really want to know that reason why they didn't add the full lineup.

Es25
I'm Here A Lot

Hi!

I've never really owned an iPhone before, nor have I ever applied myself for any kind of device registration.

At the moment I'm #53 and I just wanted to know: will I be receiving the phone before the September 25th release to the public, or after? 

Ive asked the a Rogers retail rep a couple of days ago and he said the day of the release to the public, but I kind of wanted some third party reassurance from someone who has actually pre-ordered.

Thanks! 🙂

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Es25

Assuming Rogers gets 500 or more of each model, you will get it at launch. I have always been #5-#8 , even this year I am #8 and know I'll get it launch. I have seen a pattern where around 100-300 get it at launch and the rest wait a couple of days

nickjj
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix Just curious do you see your device reservation you made on the old system with a credit card on your myRogers page when you access the device reservation area that doesn't show all the 6S versions?

lxhunter
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix @hendersonsarah @nickjj

After 3 years of frustration with Rogers iPhone launches I gave up and ordered through Apple.

Took me all of 30 seconds.

Picking up 6s grey 128gb the 25th at 7:30

And I get unlocked phone without having to pay Rogers $50.

Apple knows how to serve customers

Rogers confusion:

1. Multiple systems for ordering: Reservation, Old Reservation, Preorder

2. Only 1 model of 6s in the MyRogers reservation system

3, Slow loading site

4. Old reservation system - have to reenter all info and credit card info again

5. No delivery date specified

6. Preorder delivery to home not useful if I am not there - changeing delivery not obvious and prefer to pickup at store 200 meters from me.

I have finally learned - never again will I buy device throught Rogers.

Just too much frustration.

With WhatsApp, Line2, Skype, Fongo ....... I can  BYOD and treat Rogers as what it is to me - a utility providing "pipe"

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @lxhunter

It seems like they have a systems up for reservations and pr ordering but really screwed it up by doing this.. ontop of that by not offering all the models on the actual reservation isn't good either. Apple knows how to make things happen

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @nickjj

Nope mine just show the below. Never needed a credit card.

Reserved Devices

iPhone 6S Plus 128GB Grey
6S+ 128GB Grey
Position :      8
View details

Philpaint
I Plan to Stick Around
I reserved through the old reservation system. When I go in the new one on myrogers it is still like I can reserve a phone, I don't see the reservation that was done on the old one

Lizzybear
I Plan to Stick Around
I ordered through the business rep and it says and it says my reservation is #80 so does that mean 80 overall or 80 of those ordering through the business reps? On this I'm still a bit confused?