cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Everyone!

Once again i am making the iPhone Questions / Reservation thread!!!!! Apple just announced the new iPhone which is called iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus . The new iPhone's includes a bigger screen, different backing design, better camera & VoLTE & much much more. . This thread will be where you need to post questions & even your reservation numbers once Rogers announces it & puts it up. Please do NOT make another thread about reservation & or about the new iPhone . I would like to keep it as one thread & clean..I am sure getting the iPhone Plus !!!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the iPhone 6 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want " iPhone 6 / 6 Plus  16GB, 64G,128GB  " & the color of the device you want. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.

- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.

- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.

- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level  on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues  / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Pre orders will come out Friday Sept 12th & Launch date is Next Friday Sept 19th. I am sure Rogers will follow those orders. As for the device orders & which models Rogers will get. I am sure Rogers will get botboth models like they did last year.

Also the prices for both phones are different. So if you are going to get the iPhone 6 Plus, it will be much higher price then the iPhone 6. Rogers will announce the phone prices within either today or  sometime before Friday!!!

Also remember please post anything related about iPhone 6 & 6 Plus in here please. I know this is a long thread to read, but read it before asking multiple questions in which have been already answered in this post ( if they have been answered on this post / thread). I will do my best like I have for the past 4 years of doing this to answer any questions you have about the reservations or device.

Here are both links from Apple for the iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus. I know for sure i will be getting the iPhone 6 Plus!.

Thank you! Smiley Happy

***Edited Labels.***

14,820 REPLIES 14,820

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Disappointed201
I Plan to Stick Around
I honestly think the focus is getting the devices in stores for the Christmas season. I expect that a "large shipment" will come in after Christmas, and then these wait lists will be cleared. It is clear that a better strategy is to purchase the phone from Apple, Best Buy, etc. rather than Rogers since the waiting game is far too old.

Perhaps there could also be some consistency in the responses from CSRs as well. I have been told repeatedly that I fulfilled my obligations under my old contract, as it was for only two years. Now I am being told that it is a three-year contract, and I would be out $144 if I cancel. I beg to differ. Thank you Rogers but I will take my chances. If I find another carrier that has the phone I want, I am gone. I won't be paying a penalty either as I was always told I was on a two-year contract.

This is my other HUGE frustration with this company. Depending upon which CSR you get the answers are always different, especially when it comes to pricing options. They are all really ice people, but the answers are always different? Never had this issue with other carriers. However they had their own issues. Compared to this I guess they were not that bad.

Doug_Caker
I Plan to Stick Around

soooooooooooooooooooooooo..

last week went up in the cue, and again this week, and guess what AGAIN TODAY. 453 to 456.

I though the numbering system went down not up?

guess rogers has created a new field of numbering and data representation.

like always lots of love to rogers, you are the worst carrier

Fidget
I'm Here A Lot

Much like the rest of you before I came across this forum I was thinking the same things

"Hey look Apple is selling the iPhone 6 64GB SG and it ships in 1-3 business days"

"Hi local Rogers stores do you have the iPhone 6 64GB SG in stock?  Yes?  Great" that means i will get my phone in no time

"Hi corperate admin you ordered my phone last week where is it?  What do you mean you don't know?  Can you call the rep and see?"

"Great you heard from the rep what did they say?  WHAT DO YOU MEAN I AM 1941th in line??"  They said sometime in January maybe?"

And after reading the posts I know now not to hold my breath and it seems to be a supply issue with Apple.  I read one artical with the 5S that they were producing 500,000 a day with Foxcom but I don't know what the numbers are with the current makers.

Oh well I guess i just have to hurry up and wait.  Thanks Santa (NOT)

So I thought I would give an update to my post ‎11-06-2014 01:52 PM

iPhone 6+ 128 - SG, ordered Sept 23, was #360 out of 642. Now as of Dec 19, almost 3 moths later, I am #276 out of 632 

-otterbox case for it (which was OOS)  arrived within the week I ordered

-the BB Passport (which was also OOS) arrived 2 weeks after that so kudos to Blackberry

Before I held my breath becasue of the shortage of 12GB models but today I check;

http://www.istocknow.com/live/ and plug in the 6+, 128BG, SG....

what is going ON??!!!

From the iStock website we can call come to the conclusion that Canada is getting screwed when it comes to iPhone availibility

Disappointed201
I Plan to Stick Around
As a follow up to my earlier comment apparently I can upgrade every two years but I am on a 3-year contract so I would pay a penalty for early termination. I explained my frustration with being locked into this system of obtaining phones while others are free to pick one up in a store if it was available. The CSR said he understood my frustration. He said unfortunately that is the way it is and Rogers has been getting very few iPhones. He did inform me that if I try to port my number over to a new carrier without providing 30 days notice I would be hit with an additional $100 fee. Wow! Way to screw people from ever leaving your company. I feel like Michael Corleone. "Just when I think I am out the pull me back in!"

At any rate I am sitting at 500 and he said I should get my phone sometime in January,... hopefully. I am seriously reconsidering my loyalty to not only Rogers but also Apple. A Galaxy S5 ain't lookin' so bad right now!

I do agree that there is something wrong when I can get the phone shipped from Apple in a few days but with carriers it takes months. Here is an idea! Stop selling the phones through carriers and only offer it through Apple since this is what is happening anyhow. If you want an Apple product then you have to buy it from Apple and purchase it outright. But then they would lose a ton of market share since so many people would change over to Android. Guess it is better to have empty promises than deliver on those claims.

Tsk, tsk, tsk. There will be coal in your stocking Apple this year. You have been a bad listener.

robefor
I've Been Here Awhile

update 

Regular consumer

iphone 6 plus

128 gb  

SG

was 1062 on monday

now 626!!!!!

biggest movement in 2 and half months!!

anyone get there 128gb? 

Hey robefor,

I am happy to hear there was movement for the consumer line but this again shows exactly why we in the business line are so frustrated.

Rogers get 400+ iPhones of the model I am in line for and they push them all to the consumer queue.

Again, what is going ON??!!

On a side note, I was at the movies today and they had a Ted Rogers commercial which played making claims of how Rogers was responsible for cable TV and Internet, Wireless advancements in Canada. Near the end they say "Sure we've made some mistakes..." I laughed out loud and what was more funny was hearing others laugh....

amg111
I Plan to Stick Around
SG 6plus 128gb
Started at 900 something
As of monday was 163
Now is IN PROGRESS

Not bad for ordering it right on the day the reservations went live..

Wolfnine
I'm Here A Lot
iPhone 6+ 128GB Silver

Still at 102 for the last 3 weeks

At least there is movement on SG, but no extra Christmas present for me.

See on the Apple Canada web site that 16 and 64 models ship in 1 business day, 128 model ships 3-5 business days.

Last week it said the 128 would ship in 3-4 weeks.

Anyone seen and improvement in their queue position for the 128, or is Roger's just not getting any new stock?

Disappointed201
I Plan to Stick Around
A friend of mine said he got his iPhone though Future Shop and he is a corporate customer. I am going this route. I will try Best Buy. I noticed that a SG 64 GB 6 is only $239 versus the $374 on Rogers. Even if they don't have it in stock if I can get it this way I will let you all know.

Disappointed201
I Plan to Stick Around
Yes, you can pick it up in Best Buy or Future Shop. It is cheaper too!

Disappointed201
I Plan to Stick Around
So this is what I discovered...
1. Despite being told that that my early upgrade fee is only $24 and change it is actually $144. Nobody could provide me a good explanation as to why I was misinformed. There is no budging on this apparently, so whether I stay or terminate my contract the cost is the same. Guess which way I am leaning?
2. Despite being told Corporate customers can upgrade every 2 years it actually depends on the unique agreement between Rogers and the corporation. In my case it is with Ontario employees. Apparently we are only allowed to upgrade every three years while others can opt for two year plans. Make sure your CSR has checked this. I probably wouldn't have upgraded had I been told this.
3. Corporate customers are not eligible for any promotions on the phones. So despite Best Buy advertising the phone I want for $269 compared to the $374 they charge, Best Buy is not permitted to sell the phone to me at the discounted price. Even the Best Buy manager questioned that logic.
4. The only benefit of being a corporate customer is deep monthly discounts however those rates are slowly eroding, as evidenced by my wife's new plan which costs about $20/mo. more and she gets less than before.

So what I have come to realize is that I either shell out the $144 and stay with Rogers, or shell out the same amount and perhaps get better customer service. The pattern of misinformation here is simply too troubling to ignore. The history of poor customer service and reluctance to work with loyal customers is far too troubling. I cannot understand how in such a fickle market this company is not doing more to retain its customers?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Disappointed201

Honestly at this point I would switch to someone else if u haven't gotten the device. There is No excuse anymore.

Disappointed201
I Plan to Stick Around
Cancelled services with Rogers and received new iPhone from competition with exact same plan I have now. No more waiting. No more runaround. Best of luck to all.

Fidget
I'm Here A Lot

For those who deal with a rep and have picked up their phone in store is there anything special that you need to do if you are not the account manager for wireless devices in your operation? 

It seems that getting a phone in store seems the best route to go unless you are doing a race between going for the worlds record for the longest nose hair and getting your iPhone shipped to you. 

Doug_Caker
I Plan to Stick Around

so, what is the reason for the delay now??

roja
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey everyone, here's my update. It's been a week or less since i ordered my phone from apple and i now have my new IPhone 6 PLUS 128 GB white (I had originally ordered black) in my hand. I went to the Rogers store and bought a new Nano sim 11$ and activated myself and the phone is up and running. Took one week. 

So the 3 months wait on ROGERS meant what ? I have no idea. I know this is not a way for everyone but if i knew it would take a few days with apple or a few months with ROGERS. Cost wise it's either your credit card or lock down for 2-3 years.

So now i can't cancel my ROGERS sice it says in Progress,I spoke to my store and they said whenit comes in and they call just say "no thank you", and the phone will be sold to someone else. Thats my story and hope things play out just as good for the rest of you.

Smiley Wink

Rejay14
I've Been Around

I made reservation on September 25th, for a 128Gb 6+. Now I'm order #309 out of 630. Ridiculous. By the time It comes in it'll be a 7....