cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Everyone!

Once again i am making the iPhone Questions / Reservation thread!!!!! Apple just announced the new iPhone which is called iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus . The new iPhone's includes a bigger screen, different backing design, better camera & VoLTE & much much more. . This thread will be where you need to post questions & even your reservation numbers once Rogers announces it & puts it up. Please do NOT make another thread about reservation & or about the new iPhone . I would like to keep it as one thread & clean..I am sure getting the iPhone Plus !!!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the iPhone 6 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want " iPhone 6 / 6 Plus  16GB, 64G,128GB  " & the color of the device you want. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.

- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.

- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.

- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level  on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues  / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Pre orders will come out Friday Sept 12th & Launch date is Next Friday Sept 19th. I am sure Rogers will follow those orders. As for the device orders & which models Rogers will get. I am sure Rogers will get botboth models like they did last year.

Also the prices for both phones are different. So if you are going to get the iPhone 6 Plus, it will be much higher price then the iPhone 6. Rogers will announce the phone prices within either today or  sometime before Friday!!!

Also remember please post anything related about iPhone 6 & 6 Plus in here please. I know this is a long thread to read, but read it before asking multiple questions in which have been already answered in this post ( if they have been answered on this post / thread). I will do my best like I have for the past 4 years of doing this to answer any questions you have about the reservations or device.

Here are both links from Apple for the iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus. I know for sure i will be getting the iPhone 6 Plus!.

Thank you! Smiley Happy

***Edited Labels.***

14,820 REPLIES 14,820

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

I ordered 2 iPhone 6's on November 2nd. A space gray foe me and a silver for my GF. My number in the queue was around 400. My GF was at 4. We assumed she would get her phone first but mine arrived about 2 weeks later. I didn't actually receive a call that it arrived at the store. I just tracked the shipment and went in the day after it arrived. On November 24th I received an email that the silver had shipped. I tracked the shipment and saw that it arrived (and was signed for) the next day. Again, no phone call from the store but we went down a few days later to pick it up. They tell us that it never arrived. I showed the UPS email to the CSR and she said "well, that doesn't really mean anything". Huh? So after an hour long call to the main number, they are trying to figure out what happened. My account says it shipped, and I've been reimbursed the $40. Several calls over the past week have yielded nothing, with the basic response "don't call us ... we'll call you".

I thought I'd ask here in case this has happened to anyone else, and what your outcome (if any) was.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Bokehman

It could be that the store sold it by accident and never really called u or told u or UPS didn't really ship it to that store and shipped it to the stores authorized dealers warehouse. If u had it shipped to a Rogers authorized store then that explains it. They most likely have a warehouse which the devices go to and then it can take 3-5 business days to be shipped out via them and to the store. Rogers has NO control over this as that store is own via a private owner jusy works with Rogers.

I would contact UPS and see if they can put a report for a lost device as the store hasn't picked it up or speak to the stores manager.

Hi I have a question about upgrading to the new iphone 6 plus. I’ve been on a rogers contract for 3 years with the iphone 4s and I was wondering if I could upgrade to the new iphone 6 plus without losing the contract I currently have. I noticed online that if one wants to obtain the new iphones, a minimum contract of 80$ is required on the share everything plan. My current plan is 250 mins weekday and unlimited evening and weekends, unlimited text, and 6GB of data. I believe I pay around 65$ for my plan but I’m not sure as the account I am on includes other phones from my family members. The 80$ share everything plan however only gives 500MB. Is there a way to grandfather my plan one more time and receive the new iphone 6 plus? I was also reading online and some people said that it would be better to buy an unlocked phone from apple and bring it in and pay month-by-month although im not too sure about how that process works. Thanks!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello vanessam

Unfortunately your price plan will not meet the requirements in order to upgrade to any smartphone device, You will need a Share Everything plan which is $80 or more. You can contact Rogers via Calling them, Facebook.com/Rogers or Twitter @RogersHelps & see if they can offer you something similar to the plan you have for $80. You wont be able to upgrade to any new smartphone device otherwise.

Yes i know many people that just bought the device outright via Apple or other soruces & just insterted their sim card & they were able to keep the plan they had. The reason to this is that u are not upgrading via Rogers so there is no need to change your plan. You are simply taking the sim card out of one device & putting it into the device u bought outright.

Rogers called me back last night. They're suspecting someone at the store sold it to someone else. This was at an actual Rogers store, BTW. At least it's been escalated.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Bokehman

Hmm that could be the case. Some reps at the stores are new and not trained properly or some reps don't seem to care and sell it to someone else or to them selfs thay way they get commission. Seen it a few times on here and my self.

Thankfully it got escalated for u!

Disappointed201
I Plan to Stick Around
Bokehman, I am curious what size of Space Grey you ordered. I ordered a Space Grey 6 64GB on Oct. 20 and I am sitting at 950, I started at about 1550. I am on the corporate side though where iPhones are scarce.

Doug_Caker
I Plan to Stick Around

soooo,

i went to 612 this morning and then back to 616 at noon, 

any explanation or the standard "we dont care"

please and thank you

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Doug_Caker

Hmm it seems like a glitch. I know this has happened before with my reservation on another device and others as well. It shouldn't just jump like that

I went to the coveted "Closed - Shipped" status today! Sweet funky petunia, what a ride that was.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello smg669

Thats good!. Glad yours shipped and will be getting it tomorrow 🙂

pasdeignan
I Plan to Stick Around

FINALLY!!! After 75 days, my corporate queue status is:

Order In Progress (Activation)

iPhone 6

Space Grey

64 GB

Mindfield1
I've Been Here Awhile

*sigh*  Still waiting.  I'm at 86, which I've been at for 3 days now.  Was at 88 for three days before that.  Seems like my descent is slowing down.  Day 81 since release and still no phone (Plus 128gb Space Gray, non-corporate), and I even heard a rumour (granted, one of those FOAF things) that it may be Februrary before I see anything.

This is intolerable.

pasdeignan
I Plan to Stick Around

Does anyone know the entire set of statuses that exist for the corporate queue?

Mine so far have been:

In progress(Pre Fulfillment)
Order In Progress (Activation)
Pending Activations

Marcyan83
I Plan to Stick Around
I'm sort of in the same boat as you. I called Business Care to try and get the unit. They said I could pickup a unit at a store and they had it in front of my face only to be denied by the "guy" on the other side.

So then they put me in queue on the Reservation website. I started at #1783 starting Oct.3rd. It's December 9th, and I still don't have my handset.

As of right now, I'm sitting at #278 out of #2320. It's been very disappointing to say the least, that Rogers can disregard the importance of corporate/business customers – customers who are in it for the long haul typically.

It's obvious priorities are towards new customers as it locks down "new" people, since current customers are already in anyways, so they have their money locked down.

Anyways, I ordered the same spec as you, so don't feel so bad. They shipped around 200 units today I believe. Looking at how things are going, it could be a few more weeks before I can get the device.

SMH

michiwichi
I've Been Around

On the corporate reservations list.  Reserved on the first day (Sept 12), made a change on the second day (Sept 13) to the 6+ SG 64Gb.  #207 yesterday, and as of this morning, it's finally changed to "Order in Progress (Activation)"!!!

Usually how long is it from this state until shipped?

Thanks!

Marcyan83
I Plan to Stick Around

I'd guess it would ship within the week if the order is being processed already. Then again, no one really knows.

They probably got a large batch today. Around 200 iPhone 6 64GB SG was shipped out today too as well. Probably to accomodate the Christmas rush. Let's hope most of those who have been waiting since September/October can receive their devices.

Fingers X

Disappointed201
I Plan to Stick Around
Isn't it sad to think that for a corporation like Rogers we would consider receipt of a shipment of 200 iPhones a "large batch." For how many iPhones that Apple ships out, even with demand outstripping supply, I find it incredibly hard to believe that stores and those on other price plans are not receiving phones. My friend picked up a 6 for his step-daughter in store with little problem.

There is no point to this reservation system promising its customers that they will receive their phones sooner than anyone else. That doesn't happen except if you reserve on Day One or Two. All this does is save you the hassle of calling around for a phone. The trade off is you wait for months to get your phone.

Sitting at 773 for SG 6 64GB and not expecting a phone until some time in January or February. Not sure if I will wait that long...

toresidence
I've Been Around

i reserved my iphone6 plus 128GB in silver on sept 14, checked my status today, still number 46.  moved up 2 spot since last week.

can someone tell me if it is the same case with other roger clients who is upgrading their device?  rogers, if you are listening, how long do I have to wait to get my new device?

I'm not sure if, where the devil lives froze over or not, but my 6+ 64gb space grey just arrived.  I'm happy, but I would have been much happier if it had arrived in a more timely manner. 

Marcyan83
I Plan to Stick Around

There is a workaround for that. You could go to the Apple website and order an unlocked iPhone 6 64 SG and then once you receive the Rogers locked one, you could then sell it. Of course this would mean you will have to go through the hassle of finding a buyer and so on.

You would also take a hit on the price, as generally carrier locked devices sell for around $50 less than an unlocked one.

I agree with you. Corporate/Business customers have no priority and its useless. Us account holders are forced into the queue and have no options but to wait. Even Rogers Plus stores can't provide us with units.

It's a flawed system and it's obvious the company is siding with either new customers or customers who are willing to up their plans to $80 a month, and even then it's no guarantee.

If it makes you feel any better. I jumped down to #37 in the queue as of right now from 138 earlier this morning and around 400 something last week. This has been the largest movement since Oct. 3rd.