cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Everyone!

Once again i am making the iPhone Questions / Reservation thread!!!!! Apple just announced the new iPhone which is called iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus . The new iPhone's includes a bigger screen, different backing design, better camera & VoLTE & much much more. . This thread will be where you need to post questions & even your reservation numbers once Rogers announces it & puts it up. Please do NOT make another thread about reservation & or about the new iPhone . I would like to keep it as one thread & clean..I am sure getting the iPhone Plus !!!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the iPhone 6 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want " iPhone 6 / 6 Plus  16GB, 64G,128GB  " & the color of the device you want. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.

- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.

- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.

- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level  on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues  / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Pre orders will come out Friday Sept 12th & Launch date is Next Friday Sept 19th. I am sure Rogers will follow those orders. As for the device orders & which models Rogers will get. I am sure Rogers will get botboth models like they did last year.

Also the prices for both phones are different. So if you are going to get the iPhone 6 Plus, it will be much higher price then the iPhone 6. Rogers will announce the phone prices within either today or  sometime before Friday!!!

Also remember please post anything related about iPhone 6 & 6 Plus in here please. I know this is a long thread to read, but read it before asking multiple questions in which have been already answered in this post ( if they have been answered on this post / thread). I will do my best like I have for the past 4 years of doing this to answer any questions you have about the reservations or device.

Here are both links from Apple for the iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus. I know for sure i will be getting the iPhone 6 Plus!.

Thank you! Smiley Happy

***Edited Labels.***

14,820 REPLIES 14,820

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello likekenshin

Yup they will hold it for that long!. Glad you will be getting it!!:))

rookie8155
I Plan to Stick Around

I called Rogers and ordered Iphone 6 plus 64GB on October 9 and still no news. I checked several Rogers stores in Toronto downtown, no store is 64gb version of the phone. Checked apple store in Eaton Center but no luck. Apple store guys recommended to check online stock on their web site, but looks like Eaton center Apple store does not update their stock on their wbe site. It alwys shows all models out of stock. Please advise.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello rookie8155

They do update their stock at 12am EST and 3pm at times. Apple as i said controls when and how many devices any store gets even their own stores and websites. When you ordered it at that date. Apple, Bell, Telus and others had a 3-5 week wait or more for that device. No one is to blame but Apple seeing as they aren't sending enough.

There isn't much to advise you over then contacting your local Best Buy or Future Shop and other Rogers stores to see if they have but as I said it's hard to find a 64GB or 128GB iPhone 6 Plus in any color. Apple barely made enough.

rookie8155
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for all the information. Based on this, I might be getting my device in couple of weeks from Rogers.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello rookie8155

I am sure you will get it! For the time being keep looking around to see if anyone has it. Worth a shot to keep doing it!

Halomeow
I've Been Here Awhile
I've got an issue and wonder if anyone can provide any suggestions.

I ordered a 6+ via my corporate plan a month ago. Rogers said that I had to sign a 3-yr renewal contract plus additional $5 to be added onto my original plan. Because they said the old plan is no longer exist, I had to pay for the new negotiated price in order to get the same features.

But my current phone is breaking down. My current spot is at 394/436. So I called Rogers today hoping to cancel my order and restore my original plan. (I was able to reserve the phone that I want at the Apple store, paid at the full unlocked price because Apple could not deal with corporate plans.) They told me that they could not give me the old plan back because it does not exist in the system anymore. By in my sense, I got nothing from Rogers but I have to pay an additional $5/mo. That just doesn't make sense to me. I know $5 isn't much, but still.

The rep transferred me to the Business Management Office. Another rep said he could open a ticket about my case, but he would need to cancel my current order and I have to wait for a month for any response. And, there is no guarantee that I can get my old plan back. If I cancel the order and they cannot resolve the issue, I will have to start over again. The phone I got from Apple only has 15 days for return.

Has anyone been my situation before? Anything will be appreciated.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Halomeow

Once a plan is gone, its gone. U were told your plan no longer exists and when they tell you that, it's a verbal warning that once you accept their offer,you can get your old plan back. They system no longer has that plan and most if not all reps including managers can NOT get it back as its not in their lists of plans or plans they can offer.

You can cancel your reservation / order but have to keep they plan YOU accepted when ordered the device. You can contact Rogers via Live Chat for business, Facebook or Twitter @RogersHelps or you can contact Rogers at their Office of the President but most likely they will just offer you ur old plan but rebuilt it and for more money.

Halomeow
I've Been Here Awhile
Thanks for the prompt response Meowmix!

So if I cancel the reservation, does the 3-yr contract renewal still exist or not? I know I will be paying $5 more each month, but am I still locked with Rogers for 3 yrs?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Halomeow

Once you agree for the contract to be renewed even without a upgrade then yes it will still be in affect and unfortunately nothing can be done.

You can contact Rogers and see if you cancelled the reservation the contract comes off and all but that's the only way to know

sidd2014
I Plan to Stick Around

Halomeow, 

I could be wrong but from my understanding, contracts are simply phone related (not plan) - since new CRTC rules kicked in. That means if you purchased a phone via rogers then that phone would be subsidized over a 3yr period (some corporate plans allow that) rather than a 2 yr (for consumers). The advantage of a 3yr subsidy is that is lowers the upfront fee you pay for a phone but the disadvantage is that you will be paying a phone off over a 3yr period as opposed to a 2 year. 

But what about the contract? Well, there is no fee to cancel your "cell phone plan" because contracts are strictly for the phone. In your case, since you cancelled your iphone reservation via rogers, there is nothing bounding you to them (unless you owe them device balance from ur existing/previous phone). 

When i called rogers, a business rep told me the above and mentioned i can sign up for a consumer plan, get an iphone in store..then switch to a corporate plan (cancelling my consumer plan). I asked if i would pay "contract cancellation fees" and the rep said there is no such thing anymore and explained the above. 

But i would call and confirm with Rogers. 

niclaus
I've Been Here Awhile

Good morning everyone, 

Thinking of reserving my 6+ 64Gb, just some quick questions:

1) previous posts indicate 2100 people in line.... is this Canada wide ? doesn't it sound too little ?

2) does location matter ? e.g I will ask delivery in Winnipeg, Manitoba and i will be in town by the end of November

do you think i have a chance of getting it by then ?

3) when will the change of plans for the 2 year term happen ? on phone delivery ? 

cause i'm on a month to month basis since May 2014

cheers ! 

Little_stephy09
I Plan to Stick Around
I think Rogers got some iPhone 6+ (64gb)
I went from #139 to in-progress

Anyone know how long it will take for the phone to ship? 🙂

modufour
I Plan to Stick Around
Hi everybody just to let you know I received my iPhone 6+ yesterday after waiting for two months and I'm very happy I got it.finally!

It should follow their standard 3-5 business days, unless its on back order, then it could be as much as 10 business days. Wait for your shipping confirmation, before you do anything.

🙂 Grats on your new phone in advance 🙂

sidd2014
I Plan to Stick Around
Little_stephy09 -> thats awesome! congrates. I am still stuck @ #280 :'(. 7 weeks and counting

Oops missed the words "recieved it" sorry about that 🙂

Little_stephy09
I Plan to Stick Around
thanks guy I'm sure you will get yours pretty soon!

kaylog
I Plan to Stick Around
Went to BB today and picked up a 6+64gb SG. They just received 3 today and I was lucky enough to get the last one.

I am just glad I am no longer on that ridiculous corprate queue. Still 162 out of 1252 this morning after reserving on September 12 @ 2 pm. FYI...I started off at 355 on the queue on september 12. Shows how much I have moved in 10 weeks.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello kaylog

Oh very nice!! No more waiting!:)

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello modufour

Glad you got it!! Now go have fun with it!:p

shamra666
I've Been Here Awhile
Anyone know how long it takes from when you get the "in process" email and it actually ends up at the store for pick up?