cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Everyone!

Once again i am making the iPhone Questions / Reservation thread!!!!! Apple just announced the new iPhone which is called iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus . The new iPhone's includes a bigger screen, different backing design, better camera & VoLTE & much much more. . This thread will be where you need to post questions & even your reservation numbers once Rogers announces it & puts it up. Please do NOT make another thread about reservation & or about the new iPhone . I would like to keep it as one thread & clean..I am sure getting the iPhone Plus !!!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the iPhone 6 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want " iPhone 6 / 6 Plus  16GB, 64G,128GB  " & the color of the device you want. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.

- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.

- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.

- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level  on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues  / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Pre orders will come out Friday Sept 12th & Launch date is Next Friday Sept 19th. I am sure Rogers will follow those orders. As for the device orders & which models Rogers will get. I am sure Rogers will get botboth models like they did last year.

Also the prices for both phones are different. So if you are going to get the iPhone 6 Plus, it will be much higher price then the iPhone 6. Rogers will announce the phone prices within either today or  sometime before Friday!!!

Also remember please post anything related about iPhone 6 & 6 Plus in here please. I know this is a long thread to read, but read it before asking multiple questions in which have been already answered in this post ( if they have been answered on this post / thread). I will do my best like I have for the past 4 years of doing this to answer any questions you have about the reservations or device.

Here are both links from Apple for the iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus. I know for sure i will be getting the iPhone 6 Plus!.

Thank you! Smiley Happy

***Edited Labels.***

14,820 REPLIES 14,820

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello iPhoneforthewin

No the warehouse is NOT open 24/7. It closes at 7-8pm. They do have families you know lol... Well you need to be patient and wait my friend. We all can't have everything we want right?. I know its a long wait believe me as i did wait a long time for another device but again it's not Rogers.

Yes and no. Some Future shops and Best Buy lol locations let u buy it outright. It's a claws Apple made them signs..

iPhoneforthewin
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks man (or woman..?)!  im trying to be patient but it's so hard when the newest and greatest... I may cancel reservation and drive to Toronto and pick one up.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello iPhoneforthewin

Lol i am a guy haha. :p. No worries :). Before driving down to Toronto or cancelling, i would highly suggest calling into the stores or going to the stores to and see before u do that. This way u have the reservation as a back up incase u don't find any.

Oh, I'm well aware of that fact. I have called everywhere within a 100km radius for the past 3 weeks. It seems impossible unless you have amazing luck and find one sitting somewhere.

No where in my message did I blame anyone or the system. I'm just stating I don't understand the function of the system when there are so many people waiting, yet phones are still being given out to Rogers secondary supplier wireless stores or walk in retailers for walk in stock while people remain in the system. I am also upset that the system has done such a poor job giving customers an estimate for when their product should be in. Rogers stores a week after were giving the information of 6-8 weeks. based on that alone we should have a good idea, however the reservation system is showing that to be false. Now I understand that the supply is based on what Apple alots for Rogers, but if Rogers knew or had some idea that they wound't be able to meet demand in a reasonable time they should offer some incentive for putting all our eggs in one basket. I would of begin secondary sourcing, or put in reservations earlier at secondary sources.

If Rogers had stepped up to the plate by now and admitted that demand had outstripped supply and offered customers something for sticking with them, then perhaps I would not be so irked. But for them to say hey, come reserve with us, we're a fast way to get it. Inead we get, have a $40 speaker that is only while supplies last so the rest of you who have to wait get doubly screwed.

It was just a poor rollout for Apple and Rogers and Rogers has dropped the ball with keeping the customers informed.

bprettie02
I Plan to Stick Around
Has anyone else noticed that the Rogers Device Reservation emails have stopped?

I'm sure Rogers is just as furstrated with the iPhone 6 plus issue and every customer.
Hurry up APPLE !!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello randomdefence

No i agree with all that u said. They should have said something but the only thing they could say is that they don't have any information on when they will receive any or a ETA. They wouldn't give one out as Rogers doesn't get what they ask for. Apple sends them let's say a skid of mixed phones. So they can't garranty a ETA as they don't even know. Apple is very secretive about stuff like this and seen it in the past.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello bprettie02

They don't put a stop to them. I seen a few users on here post that they got a email a few days ago. The system it self will send a email once in a while. It's supposed to be once a week tho.

Agreed Apple needs to hurry up!!

At this point if I don't see something from Rogers soon acknowledging difficulties or providing an incentive for customers that have stuck with them through this process I'm just going to start putting in reservations with all carriers and picking which one comes first.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello randomdefence

That is your choice and u do what u see fit in ur own mind and pocket wise. Nothing else can be don unfortunately. I do wish Rogers does say something tho.

pgguru
I Plan to Stick Around

@bprettie02 wrote:
Has anyone else noticed that the Rogers Device Reservation emails have stopped?

I'm sure Rogers is just as furstrated with the iPhone 6 plus issue and every customer.
Hurry up APPLE !!

I just got one well two I am waiting for two phones

Marcyan83
I Plan to Stick Around
There seems to be a lot of frustration with the 6 and 6 Plus. However I notice that the 6 Plus is the issue here. I on the other hand, am waiting for a 6 64gb sg.

As an update the Csr from business care (corporate retention) put my reservation through on Oct. 3rd. I stared at position #1783. At the time of the writing for this post, I'm at #866, moving very slowly.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Marcyan83

It seems that the business section of the reservation system is going slowly for some odd reason. I wish i had a answer to why they are doing this.. Makes no sense. Have you tried contacting a Rogers store which can deal with business and corporate customers and see if they have any in stock?

bprettie02
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey Meow 

Since this iphone delivery is taking forever. 

Do you think Rogers will step up to plate and offer customer something for the long, long wait. even tho it isnt their "fault" ??

Wouldn't it be nice if Rogers actually reached out to their customer base ??

Anyone agree ??

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello bpettie02

I do agree that Rogers should step up and offer a small credit or something in order to keep the customer a bit happy until they receive their devices. I would do it to be honest

redcat01
I'm Here A Lot

Rogers cell phone reservation system is perhaps the most opaque, frustrating, poorly managed systems I've ever encountered. Here are the details:

• I've been sitting at #24 for a iPhone 6+ 64gb grey phone for probably 10 days. I ordered my phone online on Sept. 12. It has taken almost 3 weeks for my number to go from #28 to #24. This tells me that Rogers has not sent out one of these phones in 10 days? Someone is lying here.

• I called Rogers -- both consumer and business lines (I recently changed my plan to business from consumer). Neither have any reference to my order. I don't exist to them apparently.

• The only way to track the order is online, through a link sent in an order confirmation email. There is no way to find this information when you log into your account separately, and there is no way to communicate with anyone at Rogers regarding your order.

It seems Rogers simply doesn't care about its customers. And it also seems that the flow of iPhones to Rogers has come to a standstill. And there is no communication with members explaining supply chain shortages.

#WorstCustomerManagementEver

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello redcat01

No one is lying here. I guess you are not reading any post or look on the internet to see the truth yet come on here & Blame Rogers. I understand your upset & all but look at the whole picture instead of blaming Rogers for a second.

As i said in a few post. Blame Rogers all you want but its NOT their fault for not receiving any devices. Rogers does NOT make the devices. Apple does. Apple is the one that controls on how many units carriers get & when they get them. They can only wait until they receive them. Rogers or any carrier has no clue how many or when Apple will send them. This is on the agreement they signed with Apple. This again is something most do not know.

As for your order. I would have escalated it to someone hire to see what is going on. I could be a issue with their system not seeing it. I do know this happened with the Bell pre orders.

Rogers does care but can not give much or the info you guys want & it seems you guys do NOT understand that. Why not post this on the Apple community forums & complain to Apple because they are not sending Rogers any 6+ models or better yet look at those forums & see how many US carriers are STILL waiting for their devices.

One thing i agree & said it before that Rogers needs to step up & say " We are sorry but there isn't much we can say or do until Apple sends more devices" or even offer something. .

Indeed, I received an email a few hours ago, giving me the great news I am 1187 ... So they are still sending.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Buzzman

They are still sending but i guess everyone is getting them at a different time. Also check your spam folders as sometimes it may land there too.

sidd2014
I Plan to Stick Around

Meowmix,

i think people here understand that Apple is struggling to meet demand and hence sending phones very slowly to Rogers - but what is baffling is that Rogers is intentionally ignoring Corporate clients while fullfilling 3rd party carrier orders at bestbuy, futureshop and/or rogers outlets across the country. 

I may still find it acceptable if every rogers outlet is sold out (including 3rd party carriers) but the fact that many have iphone 6 (not the 6+) in stock while corporate customers have barely moved 1-20 spots (only due to cancellations of other clients) is very frustrating. Adding to this built up frustration is that many corporate clients aren't allowed to grab a phone via rogers outlets (including 3rd party carriers). I understand if its due to security, but i cannot process why rogers doesn't have a seperate system that only shows the balance on the cell phone (not personal account details)..thereby allowing corporate clients the same luxury of going to a rogers outlet (including 3rd party) and collecting our respective device(s). 

Maybe this wait would have been easier had I not lost my smartphone, but using an old nokia with no 3G while i wait for rogers to finally fullfill my order + seeing rogers store have stock = insane amounts of frustation. To give you a better example, I have been stuck @ #480 for the past 2 weeks with not a single email from rogers other than my login in details..I hope you understand the source of frustration - more importantly, i hope rogers does something about it. 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello sidd2014

I do see your point. Many pages back i said that Rogers should have made the business / corporate clients reservations the same as regular or onpar & start moving them along as well.

The problem is that the some if not most stores do not have access to the business / corporate accounts due to security reasons & also that they do not have the training / tools to do this. That is one reason why you can not go into a store & get one. Should this change? Of course & they need to train someone to be able to help business & Corporate customers out.

brenz
I Plan to Stick Around
I agree it is apple to blame but would be nice to hear from rogers. Haven't received a single email. Was hoping to get it on oct 3 for my bday. Ordered it sept 12. Now I think it will 2015 by the time it arrives.

6+ SG 64g corp plan - #162 in the queue.