cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Everyone!

Once again i am making the iPhone Questions / Reservation thread!!!!! Apple just announced the new iPhone which is called iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus . The new iPhone's includes a bigger screen, different backing design, better camera & VoLTE & much much more. . This thread will be where you need to post questions & even your reservation numbers once Rogers announces it & puts it up. Please do NOT make another thread about reservation & or about the new iPhone . I would like to keep it as one thread & clean..I am sure getting the iPhone Plus !!!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the iPhone 6 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want " iPhone 6 / 6 Plus  16GB, 64G,128GB  " & the color of the device you want. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.

- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.

- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.

- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level  on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues  / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Pre orders will come out Friday Sept 12th & Launch date is Next Friday Sept 19th. I am sure Rogers will follow those orders. As for the device orders & which models Rogers will get. I am sure Rogers will get botboth models like they did last year.

Also the prices for both phones are different. So if you are going to get the iPhone 6 Plus, it will be much higher price then the iPhone 6. Rogers will announce the phone prices within either today or  sometime before Friday!!!

Also remember please post anything related about iPhone 6 & 6 Plus in here please. I know this is a long thread to read, but read it before asking multiple questions in which have been already answered in this post ( if they have been answered on this post / thread). I will do my best like I have for the past 4 years of doing this to answer any questions you have about the reservations or device.

Here are both links from Apple for the iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus. I know for sure i will be getting the iPhone 6 Plus!.

Thank you! Smiley Happy

***Edited Labels.***

14,820 REPLIES 14,820

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello jkanaris

No as the larger dealer is the Apple store and even they can't get any from their own company. Apple is shorting all the larger models to everyone even their own stores it seems.

jkanaris
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello jkanaris

No as the larger dealer is the Apple store and even they can't get any from their own company. Apple is shorting all the larger models to everyone even their own stores it seems.

It all seems pretty haphazard to me, Meomix, especially Rogers' online reservation number system.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello jkanaris

I know it does. I know. But the fact is that Apple needs more supply for everyone and opening up in China the world's largest carrier isn't making anything better now at all. Apple needs to learn from this.

jkanaris
I Plan to Stick Around

What's really sad to me is that Rogers doesn't care. It doesn't need to care (in fact they may not even notice) since customers continue to line up for the product, despite their (Apple's) inability to supply. They're not suffering a hit business-wise which means they don't really need to care.

pgguru
I Plan to Stick Around

One other problem is that apple uses container ships from china because Air is to expensive.  

With the cost of fuel rising those ships travel slower and take around 3 to 4 week to cross.  

When we do get our order they will probably have sent enough to have flooded the market and you will be able to pick any phone size up from any store in the country.  

my guess is 2 to 3 weeks to make them 3 to 4 weeks to ship them 3 to 5 days in customs I would say apple will be shipping them to suppliers early next week we should have them the end of the week after that whether you are number 2 in line or you order tonight and are number 4000 we will all get them at the same time... Just in time for Remembrance Day

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello jkanaris

In all due respect what carrier does?. Rogers should have communicated a bit better things like this but they would say the same thing I have been saying or others have said. It would be nice if they did tho. They wouldn't give a ETA.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello pgguru

I had the same thought last night. Indeed they only use a 747 BOEING for the first shipments and then the others are shipped via container ships. That was proved last year and the year before.

jkanaris
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello jkanaris

In all due respect what carrier does?...

That's exactly my point, Meomix. It's simply not on the radar when the demand is there. If demand wasn't there, then companies would pay heed.

SpeedyC
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Mayeb Rogers should follow Bell's lead?

http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/carriers/bell/bell-iphone-6-plus-order-status/

I know, Iknow ... Rogers is already offering a free speaker ("as long as supply lasts").

What they haven't done but Bell has is to actually email their customers with an explanation and apology!!!

That is what Customer Relations is all about.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello SpeedyC

They stopped offering the speaker as of October 1st. Got pushed back. So whoever reserved it after that date won't get one.

I do agree they should either give a small discount or better yet a explaining whats going on and a appolize like u said

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello jkanaris

I agree 100% with u on that.

SpeedyC
I'm a Reliable Contributor
Hi meowmix.

I reserved on the first possible day, so I'm 'eligible" for the speaker. Whether I get one is another matter ...

I'm seriously thinking it'll be late November 2014 before those who reserved during the first few days will see their iPhone 6 Pluses.

Even if our status changed to "In Progress" today, from what others have posted, it could still be weeks before you get a phon in your hands ...

mmonline
I've Been Here Awhile

I ordered a 64GB Gold 6+ and a 64GB SG 6+ on openeing day. The gold was 600+ and the SG 1000+. Received the gold a couple weeks ago, but still waiting on the space grey at postion 307. It appears that stock of around 500-600 was received as the posistions of both phones rapidly dropped by about that amount. I think you would have received your phone if the store was not closed, which is why you now sit at #1.

Any news whether Rogers received any iphone plus from Apple this week yet?

dianachau
I've Been Here Awhile

mmonline

Well that's pretty upsetting now?  How is it my fault that the store closed and they never told me and the phone was given to someone else?  that's just ridiculous!  how is it possible?  Is there anyone that i can complain to?

ImpatientIPhone
I've Been Around

This waitlist is seriously asinine.  And I know it's not Rogers' fault ... it's a phenomenally popular device and Apple has to provide enough devices worldwide for their various launches.

I'm on the hook for a more expensive plan (because I received my iPhone 6) but my wife still needs her iPhone 6+.  I could've ordered the phone and received it from Apple by now ... and I've heard nothing regarding when shipments might be available again ... don't send me a fake email saying "oh, congratulations, you're now #268 on the list" (because 10 people ahead of you on the list rage-quitted the reservation system).  Give me an update based on your information from Apple about when you might receive another shipment.  Silence would be better than those wait list update emails.  

At minimum, I would have expected Rogers to say "look, if you manage to find the device elsewhere (showing people how to get to the Apple site), we'll upgrade the "bring your own device" discount to $20/month for the first 24 months".  After all, anything that relieves the pressure on the waitlist would be good. 

I've asked at my local store, and they can't do that at the store. 

And thus, I wait. 

kaylog
I Plan to Stick Around

I have given up on this whole reservation thing.  The 6+ 64GB SG will come when it comes.  My business/corporate queue have not moved for many weeks.

On a good note (maybe not so good since I don't have the phone yet), I got the Spigen case I ordered from Amazon(Neo Hybrid metal-space gray).  It is nice looking!!!

mikeyjwilson
I Plan to Stick Around

I was finally given an estimated date for receiving my preordered iphone 6plus gold 128gb phone.  I preorder and am currently at number 497 on the list, I have contacted Rogers several times and was given an estimated wait of another 6 weeks before I get the phone.

I also recommended that they provide Rogers customers with more info in regards to timeframe.....if Rogers doesn't know of a timerframe they need to get their supply chain management team to get in touch with Apple and Apple then needs to provide details to Rogers so that Rogers can advise their customers.  Customers need to come first!!

So all those who are also still waiting you can estimate based on my number 497 = 6 weeks more wait.

6 weeks!!! You might as well buy an unlocked one from apple and go with a byod plan. At least you get it in 4 weeks and don't have to deal with Roger's messy systems.

pgguru
I Plan to Stick Around
they probably said 6 weeks because if whatever they said was less you would be happy and if its 7 you are not that surprised

landrews187
I've Been Here Awhile

There was just a 6+ gold 128G at the Conestoga Apple store if you're a consumer. Also if anyone is trying to get a phone from Apple instead of waiting for Rgers try using this website http://www.ashbalu.com/iphone.php it will notify you when a phone becomes available at one of the Apple stores (hence the information above).