cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Everyone!

Once again i am making the iPhone Questions / Reservation thread!!!!! Apple just announced the new iPhone which is called iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus . The new iPhone's includes a bigger screen, different backing design, better camera & VoLTE & much much more. . This thread will be where you need to post questions & even your reservation numbers once Rogers announces it & puts it up. Please do NOT make another thread about reservation & or about the new iPhone . I would like to keep it as one thread & clean..I am sure getting the iPhone Plus !!!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the iPhone 6 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want " iPhone 6 / 6 Plus  16GB, 64G,128GB  " & the color of the device you want. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.

- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.

- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.

- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level  on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues  / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Pre orders will come out Friday Sept 12th & Launch date is Next Friday Sept 19th. I am sure Rogers will follow those orders. As for the device orders & which models Rogers will get. I am sure Rogers will get botboth models like they did last year.

Also the prices for both phones are different. So if you are going to get the iPhone 6 Plus, it will be much higher price then the iPhone 6. Rogers will announce the phone prices within either today or  sometime before Friday!!!

Also remember please post anything related about iPhone 6 & 6 Plus in here please. I know this is a long thread to read, but read it before asking multiple questions in which have been already answered in this post ( if they have been answered on this post / thread). I will do my best like I have for the past 4 years of doing this to answer any questions you have about the reservations or device.

Here are both links from Apple for the iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus. I know for sure i will be getting the iPhone 6 Plus!.

Thank you! Smiley Happy

***Edited Labels.***

14,820 REPLIES 14,820

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Also, the kiosk at Eaton Centre by Bath and Bodyworks had 6 models today. Don't know which size or colour though. Try calling them, worth a try: (416) 977-7555

Steve-0
I Plan to Stick Around

Have progress on my orders:

I went from #1-2 for one model (iPhone 6 Silver)

and:#2-5 for the other (iPhone 6 SG)

Order status for the silver has gone to Order in Progress (Finalization)

Order status for the silver has gone to Pending Activations? (I didn't see this status on the silver iPhones.

I guess it's something. Why the pending activations though?Thouhts?

Steve

DRUIDGUY
I've Been Here Awhile

just wanted to give everyone an update on my phones

- ordered two 64gb 6+ SG on preorder day, 399 & 400 spot

- In progress on Weds, Sept 24th

- Received text 10/2

- Received call from Rogers Plus on 10/3

- Picked up both phones on 10/3

Status online still "In progress"

just like when I waited weeks to get my iphone 4S when it first came out, when you receive your new phone, you'll forget all the waiting you did for it

good luck all

Martinhouse
I Plan to Stick Around
I haven't gone in progress I'm still "Open" at #21. My mom has one reserved at #676 and that's open too. I'm giving up on Rogers today I'll reserve one at midnight through apple and pick it up Wednesday. Sorry Rogers I honestly tried being patient.

asansoya
I Plan to Stick Around

@Martinhouse wrote:
I haven't gone in progress I'm still "Open" at #21. My mom has one reserved at #676 and that's open too. I'm giving up on Rogers today I'll reserve one at midnight through apple and pick it up Wednesday. Sorry Rogers I honestly tried being patient.

Martinhouse, 

Which phone are you looking for? I have a reservation waiting in-store at 333 Bloor East. 

It is iPhone 6+ 64GB SG.

Aldor
I've Been Here Awhile

Long time a Rogers customer.

During 4s launch I tried to reserve 4s and it finished by nothing – after month with something I’ve cancelled my reservation and forgot about it.

This time I made two reservations for me and my wife (on September 12th):

1.  6 SG 64GB
2.  6+ SG 64GB

First one was received at last Saturday (after one week in progress), second 6+ SG 64GB still open and now is #476 status open (all progress for it is something like 20 numbers in two weeks Smiley Mad).

Also MyRogers service was closed for me from September 13th till September 30th.

Huge disappointment after all.

krida51
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm down to 108 &  "open" for my 6+ 64GB Space Grey. Really would like to see the status change. 16 business days and counting...

JS77
I Plan to Stick Around

@krida51.

A change in status from "open" does not necessarily mean anything.

Mine changed from "open" to "in progress" 10+ days ago....and there it sits.

With no word from Rogers on what "in progress" means

ninjawhat
I've Been Here Awhile

So can people confirm that if you buy the phone outright you can keep the same plan you currently have? I want to prepare myself to leave rogers if they don't allow my to keep my same plan. 

Thanks. 

Steve-0
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey Ninja,

I believe that is exactly the case. Buy your phone from Apple then just switch your SIMS card. Is the new plan supposed to make up for the new 2 year contract maximum for retail consumers? I would think so, but I'm not sure. Darn you Rogers, darn you!!

ninjawhat
I've Been Here Awhile

I have a reservation with Rogers, so I am hoping to go in pick up the new phone, pay for it in full and walk out with the same contract I have now. Can anyone in Nova Scotia confirm that this has worked for them? 

Thanks. 

SpeedyC
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Dumb question ...

I see the following site posted by a fellow fourm member:

https://reserve.cdn-apple.com/CA/en_CA/reserve/iPhone/availability

But if I buy yhe phone directly from Apple, then does that mean I will not get the Rogers subsidized price with a 2 year plan?

i.e. I'm going to pay FULL proce for a phone instead of roughly 55%?

If that's the case, I may as well wait for my Rogers reservation ...

mtfuji
I Plan to Stick Around

@ninjawhat

yes you can buy the phone outright and still keep your plan, however when buying it at Rogers the phone is not unlocked and I believe in order for Rogers to unlock it you will have to pay.  

SpeedyC
But if I buy from Apple and then bring to Rogers, I end up paying FULL price for the phone?

Is that true?

Oakville123
I've Been Here Awhile

My phone arrived to the local store on Saturday. I told them I was going to pick it up on Monday. They said Okay. But I went there to pick up the phone today, I was told thay had not processed it yet. I'll probably have to wait another day. 

Steve-0
I Plan to Stick Around

@SpeedyC

Well ofcourse you pay full price, you aren't signing a contract with any carrier that's the beauty of it. You are free to do whatever, AND you won't have to up your plan. Alot of people went from paying $50/month to $80/Month. Over 2 years that's a $720 difference. Which makes up for the phone cost, however you end up paying more in this described instance as Rogers charges $249 upfront for the upgrade. It's your call, but if you can, buy the phone outright!

Steve

Oakville123
I've Been Here Awhile

Is that because the carriers can only have maximum two year contract with customer? So, they increase monthly payment? If that's the case, I'd rather have three year contract like before and get to keep the $50 monly price.

mtfuji
I Plan to Stick Around

@SpeedyC  

you can still upgrade at an Apple store but there is a minimum price plan to get the subsidized price so be prepared to change your plan.  You can talk to Rogers customer service before hand to negotiate something but they are not budging especially if you are on a retentions plan.  I have the Super 6 Gig plan on 3 lines ($60 each) and they want me to switch to a share everything plan $175 for 20g on the first line and $55 each for the subsequent lines with a $15 discount per month (discount only for a year).  Not worth it. So I am buying my phone unlocked at Apple.  I am off contract on one line so I will definitely be weighing my options now.

BeardedDude
I Plan to Stick Around

If you buy from Apple in-store you have two options:

Buy unlocked - full price and unlocked

Buy on contract - subsidized price from your carrier and locked to them

SpeedyC
For the past few years, I was on my company's Rogers corporate account. I have since left that company, and since my history with Rogers isn't long enough, Rogers said my cheapest option is $80/month.

I don't know what to do next. Pleas offer some assistance.

I ordered the iphone 6 3 weeks ago. I received a couple emails saying I was 25, the 23rd in line. Then a text saying its mailed and to check my email. Nothing for 5 days, then an email saying it is on its way with ups number.  Now it says it was delivered, but it is delevered to another province, but no address, just a city. Meanwhile I am getting calls from roger saying i should change my plan and pay more, but could offer no assistance on the new phone.  Then an email saying it will be sold it I don't pick it up by October 8th. It isn't even there. I contact rogers through live chat, she says it will be redirected. Contact rogers through phone, 30 minutes on hold, then told I need to contact ups and tell them they mailed to wrong location. I am trying to buy a product, I have nothing to do with ups. Now they have applied the 40.00, and I still have no phone. 

I am waiting on a reply from the Loyalty department but pretty sure they don't give a care.

Anyone have bell or Telus, how is their service? 

This is really poor customer service, I don't want to give this company any more of my money.