cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Everyone!

Once again i am making the iPhone Questions / Reservation thread!!!!! Apple just announced the new iPhone which is called iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus . The new iPhone's includes a bigger screen, different backing design, better camera & VoLTE & much much more. . This thread will be where you need to post questions & even your reservation numbers once Rogers announces it & puts it up. Please do NOT make another thread about reservation & or about the new iPhone . I would like to keep it as one thread & clean..I am sure getting the iPhone Plus !!!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the iPhone 6 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want " iPhone 6 / 6 Plus  16GB, 64G,128GB  " & the color of the device you want. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.

- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.

- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.

- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level  on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues  / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Pre orders will come out Friday Sept 12th & Launch date is Next Friday Sept 19th. I am sure Rogers will follow those orders. As for the device orders & which models Rogers will get. I am sure Rogers will get botboth models like they did last year.

Also the prices for both phones are different. So if you are going to get the iPhone 6 Plus, it will be much higher price then the iPhone 6. Rogers will announce the phone prices within either today or  sometime before Friday!!!

Also remember please post anything related about iPhone 6 & 6 Plus in here please. I know this is a long thread to read, but read it before asking multiple questions in which have been already answered in this post ( if they have been answered on this post / thread). I will do my best like I have for the past 4 years of doing this to answer any questions you have about the reservations or device.

Here are both links from Apple for the iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus. I know for sure i will be getting the iPhone 6 Plus!.

Thank you! Smiley Happy

***Edited Labels.***

14,820 REPLIES 14,820

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Cdr
I Plan to Stick Around
@SpeedyC

Re your post to rogers Darrell:
I just want to clarify, I didn't jump ahead of you! You misunderstood from the start but we kept missing each other's responses!! - I was always ahead of you in line. You were 203 last Thursday, and last Thursday I started as 70....IIH had been under 100 since last Monday! Long before you moved to position 3!

Hope this clarifies for you! I moved ahead of you and THAT was what moved you down to spot 3 🙂

If it makes you feel better, still sitting in progress and excitedly awaiting my phone!!

mattc1989
I Plan to Stick Around
@Cool_Breeze

I am in the same boat.....been in progress since Wednesday....

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello thedarkhorse

I am sure you will get it by the end of the week.

SlyM
I Plan to Stick Around

@kortasc wrote:
Anyone get a text and an email? Went in progress saturday and got a text yesterday.

Went in progress last Thursday AM, Have yet to receive a text or email re shipping update. 

Silver 64GB 6+

kadd0007
I'm Here A Lot

Hi guys what does HUP stand for?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello SlyM

You are not the only one. It seems like Fido customers are having the same issue. its either a glitch with the system that mass texted customers that their devices shipped & they have not or they have but the statuses never changed.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello kadd0007

HUP means Hardware Upgrade Program. Its just a short form that they call it HUP instead of the full name.

Steve-0
I Plan to Stick Around
Thanks @ProtoWTF, I originally meant to link both, but I must had left the wrong one in the clipboard.

Steve-0
I Plan to Stick Around

HUP=Hardware Upgrade Program.

Yes its true you have to upgrade your plan to a current $80+ (and thats just the base plan, it doesnt count if you have add-ons) and I'm VERY irrate about it.  I barely use long distance and I now see no value whatsoever in being on a 2 year term as it will be less expensive to just buy the device if you can afford it up front. Many people spend that kind of money on a laptop every couple of years and moving forward, that is the way I'm going to have to look at getting a phone. In the 21st century people are using more and more data/texting and less minutes, yet all newer plans seem to focus on the polar OPPOSITE of this well known/yrs old trend. As of today, I would have to spend $25 more per month to get the data I have now - a couple of weeks/months ago a 6GB plan was like $110!!! Rogers was positioning 2yr plans as 'listening to our customers' when we all knew it was actually forced on them by the CRTC - I wish Rogers (and other carriers) would listen to their customers and tone down the price with better values in data. A year ago - you only needed to spend $50/month on your base plan and new device pricing was almost the same for those phones (EG a 64GB iPhone 5s was just under $1000) as they are for the iPhone 6 and 6+ now. So what is the justification for this?

Ok - rant over. Sorry. Phew.

Conclusion - I want to get an iPhone 6+ too, but I think its smarter/cheaper to just buy it outright if you can at this point and keep your old plan as long as you can if you see more value in it then the current ones.

Audi23
I Plan to Stick Around
@meowmix
I live in Regina and no stores have seen a 6+ at all. One reservation came into a Rogers Kiosk but it seems Saskatchewan did not get many 6+.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Audi23

Yea not many cities in Canada & US have gotten then 6+ as they are shorten from Apple. Only the Apple stores get but very little amount.

richelsd
I Plan to Stick Around
My theory is this as to why we got texts but no emails.

They put us in progress last week to stop us from canceling orders and buying elsewhere.

They sent text messages to further contain us from doing so.

There's no way we shouldnt have phones by now if they were following the same process as those that got theirs closer to launch. I.e. In progress, text, follow up email, phone next day.

If they're using the shipping is expensive and they're waiting for more that will be excuse enough for them to lose a customer.

SpeedyC
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@

Ahhh ... that makes more sense now! That (sorta) restores my faith in the Reservation System!

BTW: I'm in Toronto and I just visted the Bell Store in the RBC Plaza. They have iPhone 6 Plus 128gb Gold on sale if anyone's interested ...

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello richelsd

That could be it but from the past which i have seen that is not the case. They can not manually change your status without inputting the device on the account & the IMEI number. Yes they add the IMEI number on each account so that way if it gets stolen via UPS or lost, they can track it as u never got it.

Also the text messages were sent out via Rogers & Fido so its the system, not a human. This again happened in 2012 with the iPhone 5. My sister was waiting for it & got a text but no email. She got the phone a few days later but the text was a accident as they claimed.

NOW both theory can be true or something else can be. No one knows for sure what is going on right now.

KittyKat43
I Plan to Stick Around
Wow. After 1236 pages- Rogers responds...

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello KittyKat43

They usually do not respond on here unless someone is getting attacked or explain something about rules or calm down the thread. . Its a user to user forum so they do not step in. Same goes for the Telus forums & Fido forums.

I also recieved the text. It would be nice if a rogers rep could chime in on what happened there. If they have actually been sent out for shipping or not. I guess I'll have to attack someone in order for them to respond though.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello cally001

I do agree they should have said something IF this was a accident which i hope they do.

Doug1234
I Plan to Stick Around
Didn't even have to go to the Apple Store! My local Rogers business location had a iPhone 6 64gb in stock so I picked it up, I think the iPhone 6+ would of been to big anyway

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Doug1234

Glad you got one from the store!! 🙂 Enjoy it:)