cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Everyone!

Once again i am making the iPhone Questions / Reservation thread!!!!! Apple just announced the new iPhone which is called iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus . The new iPhone's includes a bigger screen, different backing design, better camera & VoLTE & much much more. . This thread will be where you need to post questions & even your reservation numbers once Rogers announces it & puts it up. Please do NOT make another thread about reservation & or about the new iPhone . I would like to keep it as one thread & clean..I am sure getting the iPhone Plus !!!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the iPhone 6 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want " iPhone 6 / 6 Plus  16GB, 64G,128GB  " & the color of the device you want. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.

- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.

- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.

- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level  on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues  / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Pre orders will come out Friday Sept 12th & Launch date is Next Friday Sept 19th. I am sure Rogers will follow those orders. As for the device orders & which models Rogers will get. I am sure Rogers will get botboth models like they did last year.

Also the prices for both phones are different. So if you are going to get the iPhone 6 Plus, it will be much higher price then the iPhone 6. Rogers will announce the phone prices within either today or  sometime before Friday!!!

Also remember please post anything related about iPhone 6 & 6 Plus in here please. I know this is a long thread to read, but read it before asking multiple questions in which have been already answered in this post ( if they have been answered on this post / thread). I will do my best like I have for the past 4 years of doing this to answer any questions you have about the reservations or device.

Here are both links from Apple for the iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus. I know for sure i will be getting the iPhone 6 Plus!.

Thank you! Smiley Happy

***Edited Labels.***

14,820 REPLIES 14,820

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Steve-0
I Plan to Stick Around

@eflomen

For those who you say have received their phones ahead of you, though were behind you in the reservations system. I do know that some representatives will escalate the orders, however I don't believe would be something you should do considering how low you are now on the list. As far as I've been made aware, if you have your order escalated, you will be removed from the original queue you are in and there's no guarantee your escalation will prove to be quicker either. Some of this information was provided to me by my own Rogers representative along with my observations of this thread thus far. 

Slam1967
I Plan to Stick Around

I wouldn't trust Rogers in escalating order when so many of us remain stuck as "Open" or "In Progress."

Keep your reservation, but search online if you want the phone sooner.  Low supply everywhere, so it will be difficult, but still better than trusting Rogers.

I was 115 on launch date got to 84 in two days then went into progress since Thursday, I wasn't in a hurry for my Phone when I thought I would get it in the first week or so but now that i'm going on two weeks this is a little insane. No word from rogers to tell me whats going on. They wont even call me back. This was the frst and last time I ever pre order anything from this company I will just go to Bestbuy where I would already have my nice new phone 

Steve-0
I Plan to Stick Around

@Slam 1967

I don't think it's a matter of trusting Rogers. I certainly do! However, I don't understand some of their processes like many people wish they did. 

thedarkhorse
I'm Here A Lot

Like many I'm still waiting, was up to #89 last week and then "in progress" since friday, iPhone 6 64gb space grey.  

I hope it ships soon enough to get the phone this week, I just want a new phone to use the bluetooth connect in my new car but my current phone has a burnt out bluetooth chip - first world problems .

Jammer005
I Plan to Stick Around

iPhone 64GB SG, Consumer.

September 22 - #4439

September 26 - #3683

September 29 - #920

September 30th - In Progress

DjRags
I Plan to Stick Around
jimedward I think thats what a lot of people will be doing in the future. If I wasn't a business customer and they weren't offering this bluetooth speaker I definitely would have gone to a local store and gotten my name on a list.

omro
I Plan to Stick Around

I just spoke with the Apple Store where I made my reservation for the 6+

They said that as long as Rogers were willing to tell them the price I would pay for the upgrade, since I'd already had my contract changed from the consumer account to the new business account just over two weeks ago, they would just take the sim out of my old iPhone 5 and stick it in the iPhone 6+ et voila.

Those who had the MSD issues, had your contract been changed or was it needing to be changed from an old contract to a new one, when you got the new phone?

Doug1234
I Plan to Stick Around
Hey, Rogers told me I couldn't upgrade at the Apple Store due to the MSD Issue, my contract is already changed I have my new plan already just not my iPhone 6 yet

Grggftthhu
I Plan to Stick Around

I plan on going to apple today, What is the MSD issue?

lightguy
I've Been Around

64GB SG iphone 6 registered Sept. 12th rogers business

#599 Sept. 12th

#534 Sept. 30th

Went to Rogerers Plus Store Richmond Centrethis AM. Ask the guy working there if they have any phones. He says no. Best way is to reserve online. Already done. Asks what phone I'm looking for, I tell him, looks at me like i should have my phone already and says not the plus?? I say yeah. I'm a business customer. Ah ok he says. I ask him if they get phones everyday and how many are pickups and how many are for sale. He says 80% pickup and 20% for sale. ALWAYS on first come first serve basis for the ones for sale. I can't sit around at the mall all day waiting for the delivery guy.

So they haven't started shipping business phones yet I guess. it is a little frustrating as the almost 3 year old blackberry I have is falling apart. ie the phone is not working properly.

omro
I Plan to Stick Around

@lightguy

I totally understand. My partner's iPhone 4S was stolen a few months ago and his contract is no where near up, so replacing it through Rogers was too expensive. So, I dug out my old iPhone 4 as a replacement for him. I normally keep my old UK SIM in this phone, so that when I go back, I can use their network cheaply under my old number. I'm going back in 10 days and I need my old phone back. I can't just give him my 5, since the 4 and 4s use a different sized SIM to the 5.

@Doug1234

The Apple guy told me that as long as the contract was changed, all they cared about was what they needed to charge me for the upgrade and they could just swap the SIM. I will call Rogers shortly to confirm the pricing, since this won't be the same model of phone as I had reserved.

@Grggftthhu

When are you going to Apple?

Grggftthhu
I Plan to Stick Around

going this afternoon, just made a reservation online 🙂

Doug1234
I Plan to Stick Around
Oh really? Perfect maybe I can just reserve one at the Apple Store then and do that

Grggftthhu
I Plan to Stick Around

iphonestock.ca

omro
I Plan to Stick Around
@Doug1234

Sadly the Rogers business rep seemed utterly confused by the concept of even buying the phone through an Apple Store.

@Grggftthhu what time? Just curious as your success may help me 🙂

bottleflipper
I Plan to Stick Around
My phone is still sitting as In Progress. Waiting for it to be shipped

Etzenhod
I Plan to Stick Around

Guys to let you know i was 19 for iphone 6 + 16Go delivering in mtl, 

my status changed two days ago from open to in progress.

Do you know when i will get the phone ? 

also if it may help, i contact rogers to get a better contract as videotron was agressive on the price and now i have.

jakcyuan
I Plan to Stick Around

since last friday. My phone is still sitting as In Progress. Waiting for it to be shipped. Have anyone know when my phone will be shipped?Smiley Frustrated

kwalker
I Plan to Stick Around

Have been at #120 out of 439 on a business account for more that a week was originally at #133.   Barely moving

hope they get some phones going soon.

It will be Xmas before they send any....

:

richelsd
I Plan to Stick Around

Just got the text from Rogers saying iphone 6+ 64 SG has been shipped.

Closer to yelling at someone. 

Hardly even excited after going through this process.