cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Everyone!

Once again i am making the iPhone Questions / Reservation thread!!!!! Apple just announced the new iPhone which is called iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus . The new iPhone's includes a bigger screen, different backing design, better camera & VoLTE & much much more. . This thread will be where you need to post questions & even your reservation numbers once Rogers announces it & puts it up. Please do NOT make another thread about reservation & or about the new iPhone . I would like to keep it as one thread & clean..I am sure getting the iPhone Plus !!!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the iPhone 6 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want " iPhone 6 / 6 Plus  16GB, 64G,128GB  " & the color of the device you want. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.

- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.

- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.

- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level  on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues  / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Pre orders will come out Friday Sept 12th & Launch date is Next Friday Sept 19th. I am sure Rogers will follow those orders. As for the device orders & which models Rogers will get. I am sure Rogers will get botboth models like they did last year.

Also the prices for both phones are different. So if you are going to get the iPhone 6 Plus, it will be much higher price then the iPhone 6. Rogers will announce the phone prices within either today or  sometime before Friday!!!

Also remember please post anything related about iPhone 6 & 6 Plus in here please. I know this is a long thread to read, but read it before asking multiple questions in which have been already answered in this post ( if they have been answered on this post / thread). I will do my best like I have for the past 4 years of doing this to answer any questions you have about the reservations or device.

Here are both links from Apple for the iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus. I know for sure i will be getting the iPhone 6 Plus!.

Thank you! Smiley Happy

***Edited Labels.***

14,820 REPLIES 14,820

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

shoshumi
I'm Here A Lot

Cancelled my reservation as getting one at apple was a quick and painless process ...

So I have been around 1500~ spot for over a week an iPhone 6 64.

I woke up late last night and read on the form to reserver with Apple. I checked the site at 2am and there were 3 spots to pick one up today. I didn't believe it but I continued on.

Got an email confirming to pick up my iPHone between 5-6pm. I thought I would check it out but I didn't want to wait in any long line up.

I walked over the Eaton Centre around 5:15,  there were about 10 people in the reservation line. All of them for unlocked phones. Since I was going for a locked phone they moved me up to the front. Somethign about a different line.

I was in and out in less then 20minutes - the whole trip for me was about 40mins. Again, I reserved from Apple last night at 2am. They say to start checking reservations from 10pm and all through the night until you get a spot.

Reserve with Apple - cancel your reservations people.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello shoshumi

I wouldn't suggest cancelling their reservations UNLESS they have the phone in their hands. Yes i would suggest going via Apple at again the Apple stores get more device in then ANY carrier. Apple favors their own stores then the carriers it seems like it.

omro
I Plan to Stick Around

@MeowMix

So, I ordered a SpiGen case from Amazon, which arrived before the phone did. I ordered a Gelaskin from Nuvango, also arrived before the phone did. I'm still waiting for a screen protector, which will most likely arrive before the phone will. 

Still waiting for the phone, #553 Corporate 64GB iPhone 6+ in Space Grey

Did you put a screen protector on your phone? Do you think your phone will bend or are you treating it very cautiously?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello omro

I honestly never use a screen protector. I hate the air bubbles & just do not like it when it starts to peel off within a few days of using one lets say.

Also i am worried about it bending BUT not as much as i know Apple will replace it & i know it will get replaced as i do have Apple care on the device. I treat my phone with caution & make sure i have a case on it & make sure that its in my hands or pocket.

Scottwin
I Plan to Stick Around

Wow I can't believe it but my wifes new 6 has a crack in the bottom right part of the glass. She had a 4 for 4 years and never had any issues not even a scratch. This isnt even a week old. She says it wasnt dropped or anything dropped on it. Hopefully I can get a free replacement. Wish me luck. 

cbprod
I Plan to Stick Around

anyone with the iPhone 6 Plus Case Neo Hybrid Metal case yet? how is it? is it flimsy? will it have the bending issue?

omro
I Plan to Stick Around

@MeowMix

Did you buy the applecare direct from apple or did rogers sell it to you? How much for?

Have you ever scratched a glass iPhone or any mobile phone screen?

@Anyone

Does anyone know if Rogers have a damaged phone replacement insurance scheme and if so how much does it cost?

td66
I Plan to Stick Around

Did you pick up your phone at Bayshore ? I also paid for the alerts but everytime I get the alert and sign into the reserve site the location is greyed both for Bayshore and the Rideau center. Any ideas ?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Scottwin

Contact the Apple store you are going to go at & make a appointment. Take it in & explain to them what is going on. I am sure they will replace it for her!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello cbprod

They have not shipped out yet unless someone got it earlier then it should have been. I have heard so far that the case is a tigh fit & its not lose at all.

omro
I Plan to Stick Around

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello omro

Nope i got it added via the Rogers store. The $99 will be charged on my invoice & Apple care went online 2 days after i got it.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

omro
I Plan to Stick Around
@MeowMix, looks a smart case, but when you see the cut outs for the lightning and headphone connector, it makes the case look at least 3mm thick, which makes a wide phone even wider, no?

The extra metal should reduce any bending.

Slam1967
I Plan to Stick Around
Thanks Meowmix for the review!

Not getting the 6+ phone and remaining on the wait list has become a blessing.

The bending can be avoided with a hard case, I highly doubt greedy Apple would replace the phones. iOS 8.01 software update has already been downloaded by approx 60% of all iphone 6 purchasers and a fix would be needed to uninstall. Signal strength for calls is similar to my ongoing problems with the iPhone 4 and hoping the issue is software related and not hardware. Lack of cases and accessories will be corrected in time and prefer to have the protection than carry the phone without a case.

I don't consider any of these problems significant, but Apple care is definitely a must buy if more issues arise. With all phones having some type of problem there is little reason to consider another brand or model. I'm not changing my decision and still excited about eventually getting my new phone.

lannoc24
I Plan to Stick Around
It was asked several pages ago, and someone answered yes that you can buy a subsidized phone from Apple.ca. I thought the only phones sold on the Apple site were unlocked and full retail?

shshshaskjdhf
I Plan to Stick Around

Picked up a 6+ 64 GB SG last night at Chinook in Calgary!  Spent another 2 hours today at the apple store trying to get a new contract with Telus set up and my numbers ported over.  what. a. pain.

But it's all done, and I have exactly what I wanted.  I would cancel, but since my rogers account has disappeared I guess I can't.  Anyways, good luck to the rest of you, I'm outta here!

Hkp
I Plan to Stick Around

I have to chime in on bendgate.  I recommended last friday that everyone seeking a 6 plus go handle the demos at futre shop/best buy to "imagine" how you are going to carry that behemoth around.  I bought the 6 just because you cannot carry the 6plus around easily or without cargo pants.  The 6 will fit in a mens suit breast pocket inside your jacket BUT no way a 6plus will fit there.

Carry a 6plus in any other pocket and it will get bent or broken.

Putting a 6plus in ANY jeans pocket WILL both make you look fat AND bend that phone simultaneously.

Rogers is so dumb they keep emailing me a customer satisfaction survey NOT realizing I bought a 6w 64 gb at Best Buy AND cancelled my Rogers 6plus gold 64gb.  Rogers will force you to redo your contract w these phones.

Rogers is the worst reservation system I have ever seen.  Seven year old children selling koolaid in the sahara desert are better organized than Rogers nonsensical reservation system.

I am overall happy w my new 6 phone and it has not bent but bendgate will be a real issue w the number of people who are dumb enough to try to pocket that behemoth 6plus in their jeans.

mattsatt
I Plan to Stick Around
Has the shipment arrived at Rogers Warehouse yet? Any word on those 64gb gold iPhone 6+??

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Slam1967

You are welcome!! Thought i would share my review of the device:)

Slam1967
I Plan to Stick Around
Costco sells iphone 6, but only 16 GB. There are no 6+.

So rather than wait you can get one at the nearby Costco location.